Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Board games Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2008 :  09:00:24 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Does anyone else play a lot of board games? We have just 1 tv and we are really trying to cut back on watching it. We have been collecting board games to entertain ourselves and it is fun. I just wondered if anyone is as obsessed as we are? I honestly would like to get together with other people but I think they would think it is boring and dorky.

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2008 :  09:02:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
I love board games but have a tough time finding people to play with me. I especially love Sorry! and Dominoes (ok not a board game) but still SO much fun!

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2008 :  09:05:23 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Do you want to move to Texas withme Linda??? LOL

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2008 :  09:07:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
We LOVE board games- especially the not so common ones like "Settlers of Catan" "Elisund" and such. We always try to get dinner guests to play board games with us. Sometimes they toll their eyes but once they learn our games, they love them!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2008 :  09:18:17 AM  Show Profile
We love board games here! We play Monopoly, Sorry, and Scrabble alot, and no one will play Boggle with me anymore...second son used to always try to beat me, but he grew up and the other kids get tired of losing..it is my best game..haha. We have a game called the Farming Game too..that I adore....fun for everyone. I have never heard of those games Alee!! Will have to look for them.!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Peanut
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jennifer
Waverly Virginia
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2008 :  10:25:51 AM  Show Profile
We like Candyland (we have the Dora Edition), Sorry, Hi-Ho Cherryo and PicturEka.

I adore playing Monopoly, but I can never find anyone to play with me! Shameful secret... I used to really like playing Scrabble with my arrogant ex-husband. I could whip him every time and it made him sooooo mad to lose!

My new blog! http://thecottonwife.wordpress.com/

"What is a farm but a mute gospel?"
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2008 :  10:32:59 AM  Show Profile
I really enjoy cranium and pictionary, scrabble, battleship, Axis and Alies with dh.

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2008 :  10:40:20 AM  Show Profile
I love board games. When we were at the cabin this time, we played Dominos, Scrabble, Yahtzee, and Cribbage. I don't know why we don't play when we're home - tv I guess.

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2008 :  10:42:07 AM  Show Profile
When our kids were young and we couldn't afford a babysitter - we used to get together with other couples most every weekend, and we'd all go to one house. The kids would all play together and the adults would play board games - ususally Pictionary or Trivial Pursuit. Those were fun times and we always knew our kids were ok because they were in the next room. Do young couples still do that?

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2008 :  10:58:40 AM  Show Profile
I didn't start playing board games until I was married...I mean, I got them as a child for gifts, but I was an only child in a neighborhood of no children and my mom would NEVER play--she was always cleaning and trying to take care of the house in her free time--she worked full time so weekends were about chores for her. I just actually learned how to play most of them!!!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2008 :  11:12:16 AM  Show Profile
Sherri,
I do that, even though I am not married. I have friends who are, and they are broker than broke (they have a house full of kids)and they can't afford to go out on the town either.
His Mom's owns a cabin we frequent a lot during the summer, so we drag games up there as well.

We play Farkle, Uno, Sequence, Whoonu? (by cranium), Dominos, and Hearts-a lot.
I have learned to let my friend's husband win when I want to go home or to bed, or he will pout and keep us up until he does.

Otherwise the kiddies and I play games when we go to Grandma and Grandpa's house, which is a lot as well.
My daughter kicks my Dad's rear at Go Fish and/or War a lot.
And my sweet boy shows his wickedly devious-strategic side at Sequence. He can hold his own against my Mom and I trying to tag team him, and usually mops the floor with us.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Board games Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page