goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2008 :  8:18:20 PM  Show Profile
I'm 52 years old today and I'm loving every minute of it! Go figger! Everyone keeps asking me how I'm liking it (all 12 hours of it so far...) and after thinking after the first time, I think I LIKE, if not LOVE, being 52!

I kind of feel like the Second Act of my life is starting. The kids are grown and out of the house, I have a relatively new hubby and new job (sort of). The grandkids are doing great but they are my daughter's kids and I'm free as a bird. We are looking at a new home when we get home next week and looking forward to slowing down on trucking and having a life. I have a bunch of new interests and am pursuing some classes.

All the silliness of youth is gone. I have a new maturity that just suits me just fine. I'm not really concerned what others think anymore, other than being mannerly.

Life is just good right now and I hope it stays that way!!

Winona

When you lose, don't lose the lesson!!

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2008 :  8:23:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Yay! Congrats on the birthday and the wonderfully positive attitude Winona! You are awesome! Really a model to look up to in staying active and positive for the Second Act! You have just as many years ahead of you as behind you! I think this next part of your life is going to be absolutely fabulous!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

peggysue
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Peggy
Tulsa Oklahoma
267 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2008 :  8:27:19 PM  Show Profile
happy happy birthday.... i hope that your day is blessed with love and laughter.
peggysue

visit me at my blog
mousiesmom.wordpress.com
http://youravon.com/pmcclure
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

777 Posts

Lea
TN
777 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2008 :  8:29:09 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday! Life is so sweet!

Blessings, Lea
www.farmhouseblessings.blogspot.com
www.farmhouseblessings.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2008 :  8:47:36 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Happy Birthday!! Thank you for being so wonderfully positive!! Sending even more positive vibes your way!!!

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2008 :  11:57:33 PM  Show Profile
Happy Happy Birthday Winona.
Yeah is this the house you talked about a while back. I so look forward to how your life is changing and to see where it goes.

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2008 :  05:59:50 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for the thoughts!! :-)

Carol Sue, yep, it's the same place IF someone hasn't snagged it yet. But it has been snowing there, harder than in recent memory and so we are hoping that no one slogged out into the white to look at it. About every 10 yrs or so, the weather there gets really bad and then the rest of the years are relatively mild but enuf cold to keep the bugs down in the summer. If someone has bought it, there are a couple of other places but not as good, in relation to outbuidlings and solar...things like that. A bit more work but still would be ours. I don't want fancy but a place to call ours. Our company said they don't care where we live as they have gone national and people live everywhere. I want to try a quilt and some ceramics plus all my horsey stuff.

As for the internet, I think I can get an air card from my phone company or do the one that is adverted on TV thru the satellite or even my Dish TV...we'll see. I want to try a garden, but small. My hubby wants to run a few head of mama cows and as long as the local cafe is open, where he can go down and swap lies with the other old coots, he'll be happy.

A friend said I'll get bored with all this (he knows me pretty well!) and will want to hit the road again but I'm still going to drive to bring in money. Just that I want to be closer to home and have a life.

Sorry this got long but I'm defining as I type!

Winona ;-)

When you lose, don't lose the lesson!!

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2008 :  10:05:20 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Winona!!

Handmade Olive Oil Soap, Lotion Bars, and Prim Treasures - http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com Sign up for my monthly newsletter!

I'm A Rusty Chick!!!
PROUD FARMGIRL SISTER #100
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2008 :  12:21:43 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Winona!! You are so right, you are just begining the second half of your life. I absolutely love this time in our lives. So will you!!

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2008 :  12:25:55 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Winona! The 50's are a good thing!!!!!

Hugs, Maryjane Lee
Farmgirl Sister #44

The Beehive Cottage~est. 1971
Sisters on the Fly #595
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic NO birthday blues for me!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page