Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2008 :  8:11:55 PM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies, Can anyone tell me if they have instructions on how to make newspaper coils to weave a basket. I saw a beautiful basket that was weaved with coiled newspaper in Country Living Magazine. It is from the Contianer Store. But I have a friend that weaves beautiful baskets and it is getting hard on her hands. So I thought the newspaper would be better on her hands.

thanks
Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it

tribalcime
True Blue Farmgirl

2963 Posts

lisa
lexington ky
USA
2963 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2008 :  4:52:24 PM  Show Profile
HI :0 I saw it done in charlestown sc at the marker there --- where you just roll a sheet of newspaper into long tubes and then you can wrap the tubes with fabrics or yarns and make it just like one made from the rope. The lady said they were made in africa that way. ??

LIfe is a witch ~~~ and then ya fly !! My blogspot .http://tribalwitch.blogspot.com/ My etsy store : www.shadowsofthegoddess.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2008 :  5:03:34 PM  Show Profile
Thanks....My husband is from there. I have seen people do the sweetgrass baskets, but not the newspaper. The picture I saw was just newspaper. I have looked at a couple of articles about a Minnonite Church helping people in South America I think do these baskets to help them earn money.....Just wanting to know so I could do some crafty recycling... And the baskets looked very nice.
Thanks again
deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page

tribalcime
True Blue Farmgirl

2963 Posts

lisa
lexington ky
USA
2963 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  03:30:22 AM  Show Profile
It is a really neat idea to use the newspaper. You could play around with it alot.

LIfe is a witch ~~~ and then ya fly !! My blogspot .http://tribalwitch.blogspot.com/ My etsy store : www.shadowsofthegoddess.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic newspaper coils Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page