cecelia
True Blue Farmgirl

497 Posts

cecelia
new york
USA
497 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2004 :  12:13:04 PM  Show Profile
Tomorrow is the big day (not for me!) but for my aunt, who will be getting married after about 10 years of widowhood. I will be in the wedding party, and I'm looking forward to seeing some relatives I haven't seen in a long time. It's strange because my aunt is only 6 years older than I, and seems more like a cousin. I'm very happy for her, and I'm looking forward to a great day!

Cecelia

ce's farm

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2004 :  12:30:00 PM  Show Profile
Well, we want to hear about the wedding. One can never hear enough about weddings! What was your dress like? Was it outside? What did you eat?

I am happy for your aunt - she will not be alone now. My mother was a widow from age 50, and never remarried. So it is good if a mate can be found again after you lose one.

Have a good time, and lift a toast to your aunt from the farmgirls.
jpbluesky

Love those big blue skies and wide open spaces.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2004 :  2:43:47 PM  Show Profile
How fun!! I was in my sister's wedding last summer and it sure was fun. She is only 18 months younger than me and finally found her true love. It was a good time!! She was 43 at the time and is still really happy..which is nice to see. She has had pretty bad taste in men up to that point. I think family weddings are the best!!

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

cecelia
True Blue Farmgirl

497 Posts

cecelia
new york
USA
497 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2004 :  10:00:52 AM  Show Profile
I'll be sure to tell you all about the wedding! I myself, didn't marry until I was 45! So this will be a wedding of "old" folks, although at the rehearsal there were 9 grandchildren who will be walking (more like running) down the aisle before us! This will be something to see - can't wait to tell you about it.

Cecelia

ce's farm
Go to Top of Page

cecelia
True Blue Farmgirl

497 Posts

cecelia
new york
USA
497 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2004 :  2:55:13 PM  Show Profile
I guess if you can say a wedding is a success, this one was. It was held indoors in a church, didn't last but 30 minutes. The weather cooperated, being cool and sunny, but a bit too windy for taking good pictures outdoors. Reception was a a restaurant, food was excellent! Beef rolls, chicken, veggies, the most wonderful potatoes I ever had (and I'm not a white potato fan). I wished they had had a band, but they had a DJ, with the requisite rock/pop music.
Saw some family I hadn't seen in a while, and caught up on the news, some good, some bad. All in all, a good time was had by all. PS - my feet are killing me!

ce's farm
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2004 :  05:18:10 AM  Show Profile
Had to wear heels, huh? :)

Thanks for the promised news about the wedding! Sounds fun....will you wear your dress again?

jpbluesky
Go to Top of Page

cecelia
True Blue Farmgirl

497 Posts

cecelia
new york
USA
497 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2004 :  1:53:10 PM  Show Profile
No! We had 3 piece suits thinking that we'd wear them again (instead of "bridesmaid dresses", but mine didn't fit well and the skirt and jacket (both calf length) were murder trying to get into a car! My shoes were even worse and I ended up with blisters on one heel! I'm laughing now, but I wasn't then!!! My next wedding - whoever's - I'm gonna wear jeans and boots!!!

...and no bra!!!

Cecelia

ce's farm
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2004 :  2:10:09 PM  Show Profile
Hey, no bra! Go, girl! I did not wear a bra for ten years or more until right after I had my child. Then I dug my old one out of the drawer and still remember the first night I wore it to a friend's house for dinner. It is all I could feel on my body! You know in the 80's everyone got all conservative again, and I felt umcomfortable going without a bra, like it was indecent or something.

I love weddings. My daughter's two years ago was such fun. And she was drop dead gorgeous in her dress. Now my grand-daughter looks at her portrait in the front hall and I tell her how beautiful her mommy was that day.

jpbluesky

Love those big blue skies and wide open spaces.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic summer weddings Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page