Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Why does being a farmgal work for me??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Why does being a farmgal work for me?? Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2008 :  11:34:26 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I tried many hats on in my life and enjoyed the times of doing different things but truly, being a farmgirl remains a constant in my life. The MANY times I have been broke, money, spiritually, materially or otherwise, I can always come back to the spirit and wealth of farmgirl knowledge to sustain myself in so many ways.

There is a quiet comfort there. A known place that is still awaiting much adventure. It is where I fit best and where I feel best.

I have tried to be high and fancy, modern and cutting edge and it honestly tires my soul. I guess, unconsciously, my soul knows what its truth is and where it feels best.

That is the one thing about Texas that I find so hard to explain to anyone. I swear on a stack of bibles, when I stepped foot in Texas for the very first time, I knew I was home and that I would return someday to it. I can't explain it but it was like my eyes lit up and in all my years of wandering around this world, I finally found my place to land. Believe me, I miss the beautiful coasts of Connecticut where I grew up, the food, traditions, the feeling, the accents , but something about Texas has just made me finally take that sigh of relief because now I can have a place to rest after all these years. I Love love love love love love Texas and I love love love love love love it even more that I get to be a farmgirl there.

I think this all began with my love of my animals when I was young, always outside, 90% barefoot (well, ok,,,not in the harsh winters of CT, though I did try to wear flip flops out in the cold as long asa there was not snow/slush...) I could spend hours studying my Mom's gardens and there ain't nuttin like eating a tomatoe fresh of the vine in the bright sun ( I used to sneak the salt shaker out there). I had a mild fascination with barns. There was one place that was renovated into a store where all kinds of vendors brought their goods and set up booths (It is called Raspberry Junction and it is in North Stonington, CT). I could spend hours poking in and out of all the booths but more so, I would study the timber of the barn and I like to look straight up at the high, high roof.

Every time I see beautiful farm land (or any natural land) cemented over for the next row of cookie cutters houses, my heart breaks. I see waste and think "A farmgirl would buy something used but loved and transform it into something special" I want to buy a huge house just to putter around in all day. I secretly wish I could just run through the material stores and touch and hold all the pretty fabric, dreaming of dresses, pillows, curtains, dolls, tablecloths, WHATEVER!! And don't forget about all those glorious trimmings.

I really couldn't imagine never living in the country and doing all the things I love- cooking, decorating, sewing, thrifting, painting, making sweet tea, playing with Charlie and teaching him all the finer points of country living and just spending time rocking on the front porch with my sweet hubby.

I thought I would share a pic of hubby and Charlie and you will see why I am so lucky....

So, I look forward to many farmgirl adventures!!! YEE HAW!!!

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2008 :  03:12:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Awww! Charlie is absolutely adorable! And hubby looks so kind and loving! I love the way they are looking at each other!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2008 :  04:21:11 AM  Show Profile
Shhhhhhh! don't tell, but there a couple of really handsome fallas in that picture Charlie is adorable and so angelic looking

Annika
Farmgirl sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
http://innermountainmudhens.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoonsgarden.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2008 :  05:19:06 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
HA!! Thanks!! I wouldn't call him angelic because most of the times his little "horns" are out!! HA!! But thank you for the kind words.

Cheers
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Peanut
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jennifer
Waverly Virginia
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2008 :  05:38:11 AM  Show Profile
What a cute pair!!

My new blog! http://thecottonwife.wordpress.com/

"What is a farm but a mute gospel?"
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2008 :  07:27:47 AM  Show Profile
You are a doll Heather! love what you wrote!! You sure do have a couple of HOT men in your life!!!! Hugs!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2008 :  07:37:40 AM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
You are one lucky farmgirl!

FarmGirl Sister #123

Crafty Bay FarmGirls Chapter

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2008 :  08:08:32 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Debi- are you sure those aren't HOT flashes?? HA!!!

It is funny, when I met my husband, I knew were a perfect match as I fit in his "nook" of his neck- I am just tall enough to fit right under his chin when standing. Perfect fit!!!

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2008 :  08:35:38 AM  Show Profile
Well, now the romantic in me wants a picture
My sweetie and I may retire to Texas...My family on my dad's side come from around Austin, so it would be comin' home no matter where we settled. I love Texas
Glad you found your place to "be", it's hard to do that sometimes
Happy spring!!!!

Annika
Farmgirl sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
http://innermountainmudhens.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoonsgarden.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2008 :  08:43:42 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
OH!! Annika I will be about 30 minutes outside Austin...oh girl drop me a line if you do come!!! That would be so cool!!

You know, I don't know if I have any of me in my hubby's nook- ok that sounds wrong but it really is innocent...tee hee hee!!

I will look see what I have!!!

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2008 :  08:46:59 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Ok, this picture is from Christmas 2 years ago but you can see the height difference. I was 7 months pregnant at the time.

Enjoy!!!

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Why does being a farmgal work for me?? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page