Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Throw open the windows and...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Throw open the windows and... Next Topic  

La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2008 :  9:10:41 PM  Show Profile
let the breeze blow through. The weather is finally changing and I was able to open the house without freezing to death. Sunday and this afternoon was teriffic with doors and windows open. You can smell spring comin' and the light until almost 7pm is wonderful.

Had a chance to walk around the yard, water my planted beds and my peat pots - lots of little sprouts coming up. The fruit trees are starting to push and bud. Hopefully we'll have peaches, apples, pluots and asian pears this year. But, we had one death - my red pear looks like bit the dust. Oh well, I'll just have to go to the nursery SHOPPING - darn

My daffodils are blooming and looks like I'll have an explosion of bearded iris soon, which is great because they've all lost their tags and I don't know what color they are anymore.

DD's last sheep show is this coming weekend and then - 5 whole weekends of gardening before the next one

It's spring and I'm doin' the happy dance

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2008 :  12:10:50 AM  Show Profile
Hey Jennifer,
oh how I miss the wonderful scent of the lemons from the orchards in Somis,'could you send me some lemon scent?
I looked out my front window & saw a few tulips poking their heads up, 'course I planted 120 bulbs....guess they are all "sleeping in late" lol!
farm girl hugz

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
www.katmom44.blinkz.com
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2008 :  06:49:41 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
The birdies are chirping here but it's still in the 30s. Snow has all melted from yesterday and sunday. We got hit pretty hard!

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."
http://ligonierfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggygirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggygirlslonggreen.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2008 :  07:28:10 AM  Show Profile
Oh Jennifer!!! I feel so guilty on this board that we in Calif are enjoying the most amazing weather these last couple weeks!!!! It was 78 yesterday and everything is soooo green! I truly live in paradise! My garden beds are cleaned out. I have spinich,lettuce and brocolli growing! Planted more Jasmine and lavender-got the most gorgeous plants at COSTCO!!!! Do you go to the Oxnard one?
My daughter lives in Camarillo!!! I love the little blueberry picking farm in Somis!!!!!
Anyway!! I wish I come send sunshine and love to all my farmgirl sisters who are living through cold winters!!! i am soo grateful! Hugs!!!!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2008 :  08:08:48 AM  Show Profile
I meant I wish I COULD SEND SOME!!! Sorry! should read my posts before I reply!!! DUH!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2008 :  09:04:22 AM  Show Profile
Mima, thanks for the tip on Costco. DB gave me a Costco gift card and it's been burn'n a hole in my pocket. I go to Simi Valley it's only about 5 miles away. I know what you mean about guilty - I was thinking about all our snowbound gurls this past weekend when DD showed in Tulare it was 75. She groomed her lambs and I devoured a stack of gardening mags I brought. Soooo many ideas - where to start?

My little Cinnamon sunflowers sprouted and a few Mammoth. I bought Teddy Bear sunflower seeds last night. They were just to cute to pass up. I see radishes, spinach and a few beans trying to get above ground. I bought a Blood Orange tree that I need to plant before we leave on Friday. And tonight I will clean another bed to plant. I'm gonna try lemon cuks this year along with the standard and pickling cuks. I've never made pickles before, and DD likes sweet relish so I thought I'd try that too.

Oh Katmom, I wish I could send everyone the scent of a blooming citrus orchard. It's so intoxicating especailly at night.

Wishing you all sunshine and warm temps so we can enjoy our springs together.
Go to Top of Page

farminmama
True Blue Farmgirl

63 Posts

Jen
Florida
USA
63 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2008 :  9:34:25 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer,
It sounds beautiful. I hope you get many happy dances in the sun.

Jen
sweetheart to Harley
mama to 3 beautiful angels...^i^ ^i^ ^i^
farmgirl Sister #151
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Throw open the windows and... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page