Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Case of the blues
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Case of the blues Next Topic  

lilyblossom
True Blue Farmgirl

416 Posts

Donna
Evansville IN
USA
416 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2008 :  11:52:15 AM  Show Profile
Life has really thrown me for a loop since my dad passed away unexpectantly on Valentine's Day. Dealing with funeral arrangements, family, friends and estate matters, along with a full time job, etc. has left me totally wiped out.

I don't fell like doing anything, but there seems to be a never ending list of things to take care of and I feel like I'm doing everything in a fog.

What would a farm girl do in this case? I know my daddy would tell me to "pull up the boot straps and move on", but I'm struggling here.

Any words of wisdom?

Donna....true blue KY farm girl, farmgirl #86

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2008 :  12:10:04 PM  Show Profile
Donna,
Give yourself some time to grieve. Of course you are feeling blue. You just lost your Dad. You will come around, you just need a little time to heal. Feeling overwhelmed in a situation like this is perfectly normal. Any of us who have been through this know that it is a rough time physically and emtionally. It has been a short time for you honey, don't feel upset with yourself for feeling blue and out of sorts. Be kind to yourself and do a little here and a little there, soon you will be feeling less stressed. You just don't get over losing someone you love overnight. Time will help believe me.

Farmgirl Hugs and prayers,
Mary Jane

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2008 :  2:30:04 PM  Show Profile
Time will help...as Mary Jane mentioned. One thing that helped me when I lost my granny and my dad within 7 months of each other..was to sit down and get out the photos of them and create a memory scrapbook..it took me a couple weeks to create and of course I cried..but it actually helped. I also wrote down the things I remembered about them the most.It actually really helped to take that private time by myself and allow myself to grieve and to let go. Of course I have days even now 3 yrs later..where I will find mysself choking up/tearing up if I remember something about them. You never get over it..but you do learn to live again...and to continue moving forward.
Sending you a great big hug..I have been where you are at now and yes..it hurts. Allow yourself the time to cry.
hugs to you.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2008 :  07:56:55 AM  Show Profile
Donna,

I was sorry to hear about your father. I know it's hard losing those we love. I lost all my 3 of my remaining grandparents within several years. I had a hard time dealing with it and was not really myself for a while. I still miss them so much, I was close to them all.

I also know what you mean by feeling like you're in a fog. I felt like that before and when I did, I just didn't feel like doing anything. I hope that you take some time to take care of yourself. I agree with Mary Jane and Tina, it will take some time. You are still in my thoughts and prayers.

(((Hug)))

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

myfairlady636
True Blue Farmgirl

226 Posts

Janice
Fort Bridger WY
USA
226 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2008 :  08:06:04 AM  Show Profile
Hi Donna- I feel the same way!!! I lost my mom on the 25th and just cant seem to get it together. I am so glad I found your post this morning. It is so good to know we have sisters here. I thought I was just feeling sorry for myself (which I probably am to some degree) but it is nice to see that I am not alone. It seems like I am barely able to go to work and then when I get home I am totally useless. I don't have a lot of encouraging things to say except that you are not alone, I know how you feel and I am sorry for your struggles. It gave me some comfort knowing that the things I am experiencing are not just in my head. I guess if you have to be in this boat, it is nice knowing you aren't in it alone. XOXOX friends... Jan

My Fair Lady Farm Girl Sister # 92

"Our lives have meaning, purpose and direction"

http://millberrycottage.blogspot.com/

http://myfairlady636.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2008 :  08:09:36 AM  Show Profile
Donna and Jan...no words of wisdom from me, but just wanted you both to know you are in my thoughts.

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2008 :  12:12:02 AM  Show Profile
Donna and Jan, Hugs big time. Prayin.

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lilyblossom
True Blue Farmgirl

416 Posts

Donna
Evansville IN
USA
416 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2008 :  4:35:10 PM  Show Profile
Thanks to each of your for your hugs and prayers. That's what makes all of you farm girls special!

Janice, I am so sorry about the loss of your mother. I read your blog post and it was beautiful. You were truly blessed to have her for your mother.

This week I have taken a few minutes each morning just to have some quiet time to myself and reflect on some of the great things that I remember my dad doing or saying. Most of them leave a wonderful smile on my face and it helps me get through the day. I just have keep reminding myself that this is going to take time.

Thanks again.

Donna...true blue KY farm girl, farmgirl #86
Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2008 :  5:38:16 PM  Show Profile
Donna be easy on yourself. Breath. Sleep. Do what you can to get through each day. Each day is a stepping stone to the next. The loss of my dad rocked my world and I have felt that any happiness I would ever feel again would be over-shadowed by the loss of him. To a degree, this is true, but in the same respect, any little moment of happiness has become bitter sweet (if that makes any sense to you). Somehow no matter how old we are, we never stop being "daddy's little girl", and it is a good thing, a comforting thing.
Hugs
Kathy of the Enchanted Wood

Kathy of the Enchanted Wood
Farmgirl Sister #59
http://enchantedwoodmusings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Case of the blues Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page