Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Entrepreneurship
 Finding New Ways to Make Ends Meet.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Finding New Ways to Make Ends Meet. Next Topic
Page: of 2

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2008 :  11:06:59 AM  Show Profile
Very interesting...I didn't know pine needles were used for that. I'll bet it looks pretty too. How ingenious!
Looking forward to pictures.
Rhonda

I will sing at the top of my lungs, and I will dance even if I'm the only one...

http://www.kattywhompus.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2008 :  12:33:48 PM  Show Profile
Yes - I love it when people have a need and they find a way to meet that need using what they already have!!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

gafarmwoman
True Blue Farmgirl

244 Posts

Pam
Georgia
USA
244 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2008 :  06:52:57 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Rhonda,Sherri, and everyone.
Alee, I hope you don't mind I gave you credit for being the first correct guess, on my site with a link to your site. I suppose I should have mailed you a bale of pinestraw for first prize. lol...

You can never have enough friends.
Please come and sit a spell with me at Life on a Southern Farm
http://georgiafarmwoman.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2008 :  09:11:13 AM  Show Profile
Well, i must admit I was truly mystified by your creation. I thought it might be a mini catapult that you could move around, but that didn't seem like much of a moneymaker. One summer my husband and I planted a really big garden and we made the mistake of planting zucchini. We had lots of little ones and then a day or two later they were the size of huge cudgels. We were thinking maybe we should build a catapult and fling them across the road to the neighbor's cows. That was the year we had a bumper tomato crop as well. I had put wax paper hats on my plants so they wouldn't freeze ( we sometimes get freezing weather in June) and I didn't realize you were supposed to take them off, so they sat on there for a couple of weeks. When i finally thought it was safe to take them off, my tomato plants lookied like they'd been taking steroids. We got so many tomatoes that year we were hiding bags of them in friends' cars when they came to visit. I canned a lot of them and then put all the green ones wrapped in newspaper in the back hall to ripen. I thought we'd done all of them, but in March I spotted a box of tomatoes in with the canning equipment in the back hall. I figured they'd be a real mess but when I opened the newspaper there was just black dust in each one, I guess I mummified them...well I better close my mouth and get to work, I hope the sun is shining on al of you today too, karin
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Finding New Ways to Make Ends Meet. Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page