Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Got the low down on die cut machines?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Got the low down on die cut machines? Next Topic  

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  11:35:01 AM  Show Profile
Since a trip to the craft store or scrapbooking store costs me about $15 in gas, I am thinking of buying a die cut machine. If you own one, how do you like it, what is the best brand, hidden costs?
Thanks,
Trish

Farmgirl Sister #91
Make cupcakes not war!

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  11:55:39 AM  Show Profile
Hey Patricia,

I know you have a lot to choose from when it comes to diecut machines. There are electronic ones and manual ones and they vary in prices from one extreme to the other.

I had a 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby and bought the Original Sizzix machine (manually operated) so I only paid about $40 for it....here's the link to Sizzix...I ordered my diecuts off their website since they had some really good prices..So I didn't make a big $$ investment with my setup. It's very easy to use.
http://www.sizzix.com/categories/Machines

Here's the electronic Cricut machine..I've seen it as low as $129.99..However you've got a pricey amount to pay for each diecut cartridge..
http://www.cricut.com/shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?id=1&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  11:57:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
I have a Cricut and I love it. The cartidges are a bit pricey, but they often go on special at Michael's and AC Moore. I like the fact that you can make each diecut so many different sizes. There is a good selection of designs/words on each cartridge. I have used my own papers in different weights and they work fine.....no drawbacks that I can see. You do need new blades occassionally....but not that often....so no real hidden costs except cartridges.....which keep getting cuter and cuter!!

Visit my blog at: www.sewonandsewfourth.blogspot.com
Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Aprons and other fun things for sale at: www.honeybeez.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  12:16:12 PM  Show Profile
Hey Bev, I have a Scrapbook shop about a 1/2 mile from me..She gives demonstrations of the Cricut machines..It really is a way cool gadget! I always just stand and stare at all the cartridges and think how endless the combinations are..very cool machine!

Steph
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  4:50:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
It is a lot of fun and pretty versatile......just a bit pricey on the cartridges....but oh well, the kids are raised and on their own....so.......now I can occasionally splurge!!!

Visit my blog at: www.sewonandsewfourth.blogspot.com
Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Aprons and other fun things for sale at: www.honeybeez.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  6:57:03 PM  Show Profile
I just got a Cricut And my daughter and I are having fun playing with it. I got two cartridges with it and michaels had a sale so I have another one. If I have questions I'll have to ask you Bev. OK? You can do so much with a cartridge so if you look at it in the long run it is price effective. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  7:45:23 PM  Show Profile
To be honest I had no idea what all the Cricut did when I was buying the little Sizzix machine..After looking at it weeks later and seeing what it really was about I thought how cool it was...so I've secretly wanted one but had already bought the Sizzix and a bunch of diecuts soooo....Oh, and I've seen an infomercial for it on late at night so that't been fun to watch.

Steph

Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Got the low down on die cut machines? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page