Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Charm Square Kerfuffle
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Charm Square Kerfuffle Next Topic
Page: of 2

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2005 :  04:46:09 AM  Show Profile
You gals got it! These charm squares are for us to do what ever our hearts desire, for our stash, for fun, whatever? And now that we got the go ahead, I'll be cutting like crazy but my list only had 8 names and I don't want to miss anyone so can I get the rest of the names emailed to me, thanks! Happy cutting......

Sisterhood of the Traveling Art.....

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2005 :  09:56:54 AM  Show Profile

Good morning farmgirls! Thank you all for your wonderful creative energy! The charm squares sound delightful. I believe that Diane originally sent charm squares out to those farmgirls on the first mailing list. Diane mentioned a second list Junebug. Perhaps that is the list you are on and it has fewer names.
For those of you who are on a current mailing list, keep cutting and buttoning away to your heart's content! Diane is happy to have new mailing lists be kept track of here at the farm. For those of you who want to join in, please 'sign up' by e-mailing quilts@maryjanesfarm.org Please specify whether you want to do charm squares, 12" quilt blocks in the future or both.
Thank you!
sunnily yours,

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2005 :  11:58:26 AM  Show Profile
I've been notifed that my second list is in the mail, I was on the first and read where we've added some more gals so hopefully ALL my squares can go out next week. Off to check the mail.......

Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2005 :  5:03:47 PM  Show Profile

Hi farmgirls! I had the pleasure of talking to Diane this morning, it's nice to have a voice on the other end of the line! She sent me the list of names of those participating in the Charm Square exchange. She also sent the names of those who are also interested in the Quilt Block exchange and Apron Exchange. If you have not sent Diane your address, could you please send your name and address to the appropriate mailing list:
quilts@maryjanesfarm.org
aprons@maryjanesfarm.org
Thanks! We're getting everything organized here so you farmgirls can cut, stitch, embroider, button and have fun being creative.
Go on ahead and keep sending out your Charm Squares. Diane sent me a picture of hers ~ beautiful handwork to be certain!!
I'm out of my office until Tuesday so you all have a great weekend!
sunnily yours,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2005 :  4:44:15 PM  Show Profile
wheee! I'm gald I'm not organizing this. I get the fun part. Thanks Diane and Cindylou!

"The gloom of the world is but a shadow; behind it, yet within our reach is joy. Take joy!" Fr.Giovanni
Go to Top of Page

CarolC
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Carol
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2005 :  4:48:52 PM  Show Profile
Ditto, ditto, ditto...and kudos to you ladies. Sure appreciate all your work and organizing skills. I have trouble organizing a bubblebath!

I shoulda turned left at Albuquerque..Bugs Bunny
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2005 :  1:28:50 PM  Show Profile
Jane, many thanks for sending me a updated list and your charm squares, I just love the new patterns I'm collecting from this project, I can see a very special lap quilt in the making or a wall hanging?? What is everyone else making with their charm squares??

Go to Top of Page

pkochert
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

PHYLLIE
GOODING ID
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2005 :  1:41:27 PM  Show Profile
Yes, when you are a farmer, it's hard to find time to quilt. But, on hot summer afternoons, it makes more sense to come inside and feel the fabric and browse thru quilt books. I have about 3 quilts in progress, 8 or so 'kits' awaiting, and zillions of ideas. I co-founded a quilt guild almost 2 years ago and have made some new acquaintences. But my other love is being in my garden, which is a lava flow on the bank of the Big Wood River, and walking around the farm with the dogs, seeing what havoc the beaver have raised.

Smell the weeds, too!
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2005 :  1:22:38 PM  Show Profile

Good Morning Farmgirls!!

MaryJane is pleased to announce that you can now sign up to be on our mailing lists for all the various Farmgirl Connection projects … from traveling aprons, books, buttons, charm squares, dolls, and quilts to sharing mail art, birthdays and recipes.

We’re now ready and willing to gather up all your mailing lists for these projects and manage them here at the farm. Just click on the “Sign up for Farmgirl Connection Projects” link from the Farmgirl Connection opening page to see descriptions of all the traveling projects.

Sign up for the projects that suit your fancy. Then we'll e-mail back to ask a few pertinent questions and get your address and phone number. While we monitor the lists for privacy and safety, all you farmgirls at heart can turn your energies toward creativity!

I know there is some confusion, as the mailing lists were started on the forum and are now managed here at the farm. If you’re curious to know if you’re already on a list, please contact Kate@maryjanesfarm.org and she’ll be happy to check for you. Take it Kate! …

---------
Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Kate Edwards and I’m a new member of the MaryJanesFarm crew (oh how exciting!!). I grew up just north of Spokane in a little town called Riverside with my Mom (Teri), Dad (Steve) and little sis (Allie). After high school I went to Eastern Washington University, where I studied Communications. Throughout my life, I’ve always been the kind of person to follow life’s little paths wherever they decide to take me, and this past spring my path took an exciting turn. I was introduced to MaryJane’s son, Emil, at my mom's spring antique show (The Farm Chicks Antique Show and Open Marketplace). The next thing I knew, my weekends were full of visiting the farm in Moscow to see my new boyfriend (oh how fun it is to be a girl!!). Then just this past week, MaryJane offered me the delightful job of organizing the mail lists for all the fun farmgirl projects on the forum and to run MaryJane’s Bed & Breakfast. I couldn’t pass it up!! What an amazing dream this has all become. Now that you all know a little about me, it's time for me to learn all about you. Can't wait to chat with you all soon!!
---------

Other new forum features:

We’ve added a section for Farmgirl Chapters on our website. Our new web features allow you to sign up to Start a Chapter, do a Chapter Search to find and communicate with neighboring chapters, read a recent Newsletter, sign up for a Traveling Journal, and attend a Farmgirl Campout Convention. We’ll also be able to add new pages as new ideas are created.

The Farmgirl Connection is continuing to grow by leaps and bounds thanks to Clare, Eileen and all the fabulous farmgirls at heart that are gathered here! The strong ties of friendship are held together by all our apron strings!! Thank you all for participating in the Farmgirl Connection!

Sunnily yours,
Cindylou
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Charm Square Kerfuffle Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page