Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2008 :  9:50:25 PM  Show Profile
I have been so excited all week about getting a new bloodhound pup (older pup ) from a breed rescue. My plan was to go up today and pick her up. I just last night started really having second thoughts and decided to wait until summertime. It just wouldn't be fair to try to get a new dog used to our family right now when we are crazy busy day and night. Summertime will be more relaxed and easy...so I didn't really decide NOT to get my Maybelle..just to postpone. I am still going to use that name..it is settled. I am relieved and sad both that we are waiting.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2008 :  10:40:37 PM  Show Profile
Well, Jenny, it's definitely a tough call, but I think you did the right thing, instead of throwing an animal into a situation that is less than ideal. Dogs (and kids!) are sensitive to these things and I agree it's probably better to bring a new animal into a more ideal situation where he or she can adjust and be given the attention they deserve.

Sometimes love is doing the hard stuff, the painful stuff, and not making split decisions based on quick fixes...so I agree with your thinking. Summer will be here before you know it!

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com
www.pumpkinpatchparlor.etsy.com

And Blogs:
agriculture: www.bigtownfarmer.blogspot.com
art: www.queenofcrows.blogspot.com
animals: www.big-luv.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Changed my plans for pup Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly