Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 poll- do U talk 2 U? & the Drawing Winner is....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic poll- do U talk 2 U? & the Drawing Winner is.... Next Topic
Page: of 2

gafarmwoman
True Blue Farmgirl

244 Posts

Pam
Georgia
USA
244 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2008 :  10:50:14 AM  Show Profile
I talk to me, the cats, the dog, the donkey, the cows, the quineas, and especially Annie the goat. She always answers.

You can never have enough friends.
Please come and sit a spell with me at Life on a Southern Farm
http://georgiafarmwoman.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Pearlsnjeans
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Vicki
West Haven Utah
USA
248 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2008 :  4:01:48 PM  Show Profile
I definitely talk to myself - have done for years. My mom used to tell me she knew when I'd had a bad day in high school because I would walk across the lawn with my lips moving. That would be her que to be sitting at the kitchen table when I came thru the door. I talk out loud and my son says "mom who ya talkin' to? And of course he laughs at me. A lot of personal dilemas get solved this way. Here's a quote I found somewhere..."Yes, I live in my own little world, but that's ok, they know me here!" hehehe

Farmgirl Sister #120
Farmgirls are elegant
Go to Top of Page

Sage
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Pam
Worland Wyoming
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2008 :  5:10:16 PM  Show Profile
Of course I talk to myself, usually it's when I'm frustrated with a situation. LOL Alee can confirm this. Last time she was home I was trying to wrestle sometihing out of a cupboard in the kitchen and I was merrily singing away. "I hate this kitchen, I hate this kitchen." It makes me laugh at myself and I figure it's better than throwing stuff. ;) Sage

Farmgirl sister #140
www.heritagedesigns.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9388 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9388 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2008 :  7:05:28 PM  Show Profile
Oh yes, I talk to myself because I'm the only one who really listens. Why bother everyone else when I can understand myself so well and I get an answer everytime I ask a question. LOL! Great question.

farmgirl sister #43

Kind hearts are gardens
Kind thoughts are roots
Kind words are blossoms
Kind deeds are Fruits

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

cw246
True Blue Farmgirl

153 Posts

Cheryl
Largo Florida
USA
153 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2008 :  7:17:08 PM  Show Profile
I definitely talk to myself. I do it all the time. I do it in my head and out loud. I guess that I have always done it... was an only child too for a long time. Then my brother and sister came to live with us... still talked to myself. They didn't seem to get my point or my jokes... I also do answer myself. Doesn't matter if I am alone or with my family. Everyone is used to it. Glad to see I am not alone......?intelligent or insane?... hmmmm good question
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  11:24:24 AM  Show Profile
I talk to myself...even say "excuse me" when I burp when I'm alone!
My sister, who is profoundly deaf, signs to herself when no one is looking. I've surprised her a few times to see her signing away at top speed to with no one else there!
Go to Top of Page

chessie
True Blue Farmgirl

403 Posts

Karen
Vista CA
USA
403 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  11:48:24 AM  Show Profile
Well farmgirls, there are already 26 of you doUtalk2U poll takers. I thought i would set the time and day for the hankie sachet+ drawing when 10 or so gals had weighed in on this subject, sO, since that goal has passed, i will draw a name from all the names that have already answered and those who will answer my question between now and then on thursday afternoon (feb 28- 3pm pacific time).
I have really enjoyed finding out that i am not that unusual! I love that Jessie's deaf sister sign's to herself!
I was at the grocery store yesterday and i asked myself (outloud i guess, 'cause heads turned) what i wanted to make for dinner and then set about getting the ingredients to make my answer. (fyi -Roast chicken and mashies -yum)
keep 'em coming.
love, karen

www.edgehillherbfarm.com "where the name is bigger than the farm, but no one seems to mind"
blog http://edgehillherbfarmer.spaces.live.com/default.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0
happy farmgirl #89
Go to Top of Page

HeathersHeartfeltStitches
True Blue Farmgirl

440 Posts

Heather
Lancaster OH
USA
440 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  7:23:48 PM  Show Profile  Send HeathersHeartfeltStitches a Yahoo! Message
I seem to just talk to myself while grocery shopping, I do it late at night and all by myself, I found myself walking down the aisle asking myself what sounded good for a little Nosh...LOL

My Etsy.com Storehttp://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5531954
http://heathersheartfeltstitches.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Jeanna
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Jeanna
Franklin NC
USA
267 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2008 :  11:48:37 AM  Show Profile
I have always talked to myself. Of course I try to refrain from it in public. ;) I have always done this and now that I am home by myself most days I talk to myself or the dog. I see nothing wrong with it.

Jeanna
Farmgirl Sister #41

If both of our troubles were hung on a line--You would take yours and I would take mine.
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2008 :  4:43:00 PM  Show Profile
I talk to myself out loud and have always done so. Especially at work, when I'm trying to figure things out. I talk to the animals, but that's not talking to myself, is it? I talk to myself in the car, in the store and sometimes I think, "when I am an old woman, they'll think I'm crazy!" Well, actually I don't think it, I say it to myself outloud!!

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2008 :  5:14:38 PM  Show Profile
I do talk to myself, solve problems and laugh at my jokes. sometimes I talk out loud even when shopping. And then I look around to see if anyone heard me and I say to myself "well who cares" amd go merrily on my way. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2008 :  12:52:23 PM  Show Profile
This is so funny!
I posted a funny theory I have about talking on my blog- hop in over there for a good laugh!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

chessie
True Blue Farmgirl

403 Posts

Karen
Vista CA
USA
403 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2008 :  1:05:43 PM  Show Profile
Autumn, I like your theory! And your blog.
Love, karen

www.edgehillherbfarm.com "where the name is bigger than the farm, but no one seems to mind"
happy farmgirl #89
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2008 :  2:00:20 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Karen! I'm enjoying this topic- nice and light-hearted!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

nashbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

687 Posts

687 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2008 :  2:58:58 PM  Show Profile
Yep, I do that. More than I used to! :-)

Crunchy crafty goodness and psychoses...;-)http://nashbabe.blogspot.com

groovy stuff 2 buy...http://www.alittlesplurge.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2008 :  3:06:56 PM  Show Profile
Jessie- My son John is deaf and does the same thing as your sister. He will stand in the bathroom signing to himself in the mirror. An entire conversation goes on in that bathroom and heaven help you if you interrupt it!! His reaction when he gets caught is hilarious. Talk about a red face!! Glad to know he is not alone!

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

chessie
True Blue Farmgirl

403 Posts

Karen
Vista CA
USA
403 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2008 :  4:45:48 PM  Show Profile
Well, I did the drawing for the hanky sachet and herbs. I put all 31 of your names onto slips of paper and put the slips into a bowl. No one was here to help me, so, without looking, i pulled a name out, after mixing it all really well.
Congratulations goes to "bayoubunch - Lorij" !
Lorij, please email me with your mailing address. I will be emailing you in addition to this posted request...
Thanks to everyone for making me feel really good about my chatting to & with myself.
Now i think i'll ask you all if you sing in your front yard? I do... this is the next step up from talking to myself, i think.
Also, better ask if you all play scrabble alone, I do. I play myself on a real board, as well as, on the 'puter virtual version. Maybe i'm not the only one who does either of these...you tell me.
Love, karen

happy farmgirl #89

Edited by - chessie on Feb 28 2008 5:58:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Pearlsnjeans
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Vicki
West Haven Utah
USA
248 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2008 :  5:54:37 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations to 'bayoubunch - Lorij'.

Autumn - I like your theory, but I must have been assigned a bunch of words!

Vicki

Farmgirl Sister #120
Farmgirls are elegant
Go to Top of Page

cw246
True Blue Farmgirl

153 Posts

Cheryl
Largo Florida
USA
153 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2008 :  6:58:43 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations to you Lori!
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2008 :  7:12:53 PM  Show Profile
Hey Vicki- I was assigned LOTS of words!!!
Congrats to bayoubunch! This was a lot of fun!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49

Go to Top of Page

chessie
True Blue Farmgirl

403 Posts

Karen
Vista CA
USA
403 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2008 :  12:22:37 PM  Show Profile
Lori J -Great News! You are very welcome. Am so glad you are pleased. Take care, Karen

happy farmgirl #89
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2008 :  10:37:39 AM  Show Profile
I haven't been on the forum all week. Congratulations Lori!!

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic poll- do U talk 2 U? & the Drawing Winner is.... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page