Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Opportunity to farm in Wisconsin
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Opportunity to farm in Wisconsin Next Topic  

jenbove

320 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
320 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2008 :  1:35:20 PM  Show Profile
The Neu Erth Wormfarm in Reedsburg Wisconsin (60 miles north of Madison) has been operating a CSA since 1995. The Wormfarm has a unique structure that has resulted in a strong and supportive community of Shareholders. We seek dedicated, resourceful and adaptable farmers to take full responsibility for growing, harvesting, packing and shipping a mixed annual vegetable crop for our growing season from March through October. This is an ideal position for a couple looking to transition from managers to running their own operation.

The farm is on a 40 acre parcel and has about 3 acres of cultivated land (silty loam) on which we currently grow for 70 families. There is about 25 acres of hillside pasture with new high-tensile fences. There are 9 buildings including a 4 BR, 2 BA farmhouse, a 30x 60’ pole shed and 35x 85’ Dutch gambrel barn. There is also an 8’x12’ seed starting hot house, and two hoophouses (16’x 32’ and 24x 45’). There is an older IH tractor, a small Case garden tractor w/ tiller and an 8HP BCS tractor with attachments. We have coolers (6x6’ walk-in and 2 smaller glass front), stainless steel sinks and counters in the packing area and hand tools, cell trays, bins, carts, hoses, etc. Private housing is provided. Compensation is competitive. Entrepreneurial opportunities exist to sell to other area markets in addition to the CSA.

For more information send inquiries to:
The Wormfarm
Jay Salinas & Donna Neuwirth
E7904 Briar Bluff Road
Reedsburg, WI 53959
Phone (608) 524-8672
E-mail wormfarm@jvlnet.com

Jen

GOT A "WILD HAIR"?
COME VISIT MARYJANE'S OUTPOST!

www.maryjanesoutpost.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member # 9

My Blog: The View From My Boots
www.bovesboots.blogspot.com

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2008 :  04:41:43 AM  Show Profile
Jen, thanks for the info. Sounds like a dream of a situation. I'll pass the word around.

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

WisGal35
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Cathy
Kenosha County WI
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2008 :  1:55:40 PM  Show Profile
Jen,
Thanks for posting! I just came across another opportunity for Wisconsin farming dreams... a waive of loan fees on starter farm money through the Wisconsin Farm Bureau.

Basically, copy lifted and shortened, the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture and the USDA's Farm Service Agency have signed an agreement waiving loan fees for qualified applicants working with the Wisconsin Farm Center's financial counselors. FSA loan guarantee fees can be as high as $ 9,490 for beginning farmers. Last year, 669 beginning farmers applied for FSA loans in Wisconsin, third highest in the nation.

For more info, check out the link (cut & paste if it doesn't work): http://www.wisconsinagconnection.com/story-state.php?Id=318&yr=2008

Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Opportunity to farm in Wisconsin Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page