Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Update on Suzy's husband
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Update on Suzy's husband Next Topic  

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2008 :  2:19:22 PM  Show Profile
I just talked to Suzy and her husband came home from the hospital today....which is good and also scary. They couldn't do anything like a stint or the balloon thing on his heart yet..he has to be resting and they are keeping his blood pressure really low and he is taking alot of diuretics (I am SURE I spelled that wrong) to keep fluid out and to keep his heart from working so hard..in hopes that in 4 to 6 weeks he will be able to have open heart surgery. Suzy is frazzled and scared to be totally in charge of him at home. He was in Cardiac intensive care until yesterdat!! They live out in the country too! So...please please keep them both in your thoughts and prayers. It is going to be a long month for her. She is so thankful for everyone caring so much so far and is sure that the prayers are helping alot. She really didn't think he would be sent home so soon..on Tuesday night she was pretty sure he wasn't going to make it at all. Apparently he had a massive heart attack in the past year that he dosn't remember having and his heart is full of scar tissue. Anyway....please keep her family in your thoughts.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com

Edited by - Aunt Jenny on Feb 16 2008 11:15:45 PM

PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2008 :  3:27:02 PM  Show Profile
How scary! I will keep praying for Suzy and her husband. My aunt had had a heart attack that she didn't remember as well. Very scary. I really feel for Suzy- that would be so stressful! I hope her husband rests well and is able to have surgery in a month. Big hugs to you both!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9414 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9414 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2008 :  7:51:31 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Jenny for keeping us up on how things are going. Will be praying for both of them.

farmgirl sister #43

Kind hearts are gardens
Kind thoughts are roots
Kind words are blossoms
Kind deeds are Fruits

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2008 :  9:54:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thank you so much for the update Aunt Jenny!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2008 :  03:59:12 AM  Show Profile
Aunt Jenny, thanks for the news. I'm wondering if cards and letters from Farmgirls would help her get through this month. I know it will be a hard one for her...If you think that would help, just let us know!
Prayers continue for Suzy and her husband.
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2008 :  06:46:36 AM  Show Profile
Jenny, thank you for taking the time to update all of us. All the gals here are so supportive of each other but also don't want to "pry" when we know someone is needing all their energy to cope. It's such a help when gals like you act as a messenger.

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2008 :  07:12:46 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Thank you for the update. Would you please e-mail me their address so I could send a card.

http://www.bboopster.blogspot.com
3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2008 :  6:18:36 PM  Show Profile
You know what...anyone who would like Suzy's address to send her a card please just email me (I will get to you Betty Jo) and I will send it out. I KNOW she would love to get cards. She will be pretty much stuck at home the next month. It is a good thing that she can do alot of her work from home (she is a newspaper reporter) I think she may be able to have her son or daughter in law come sit with her husband after awhile if she needs to do an interview or like that. At least I hope so. They are helping her with animal chores and that sort of thing.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Update on Suzy's husband Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page