New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Your Love Story Next Topic  

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  03:09:34 AM  Show Profile
Okay! It's Valentine's Day! Give it up! Tell us YOUR love story.
"How do I begin to tell the story of how great a love..." ("could be"? "should be?" "can be"? Drats! I forgot the rest of the words.) Oh well, song or not. Tell us YOURS!

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  04:15:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Doug and I were friends all through High School. We had the same group of friends and I always found him facinating. He has an amazingly quick wit and is massively intelligent. We were also in Choir together. I sang Alto while he sang bass. In fact, when he graduated high school, he had the deepest bass range of any bass in the state of Wyoming.

However, all through High School I dated just two guys, neither of which was Doug, until my Senior year, I realized I didn't want to be with the current guy anymore. I guess I always had wanted to date him, so I asked him to go walk the "loop" with me. The "loop" was a 4 mile stretch and our group of friends would sometimes walk it for fun on a summer's evening. Doug and I figured it would be a good way to talk. Sort of a date but not really a date (especially considering I had just broken up with my previous boyfriend that day).

The bad thing, was that Doug was already in college and I still had a year left of High School, and his college was 90 miles away. He had to stay out of school for a semester due to an operation, but we had a long distance relationship for that second 6 months of our relationship. That was hard, but we made it through. We eventually moved up here to Idaho to go to school, and while he was never keen on the idea of marriage, we did get married after having Nora.

While we danced at our wedding he said the sweetest thing to me "I wish we would have done this sooner" What a sweet man. I love him so much. While at times he can be frustrating, and I worry about him because he drinks way to much soda, he would do anything for Nora and I if we needed him to. I'll be the first to admit that I can be moody and he is a champ for being able to weather the domestic storms, and to his credit, he must have some massive reserve of patience. :D

I love my guy so much and I couldn't imagine life without him.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lovelady
True Blue Farmgirl

533 Posts

Toni
Indiana
USA
533 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  05:45:10 AM  Show Profile
I met my husband in college. He is two years younger than me, but he had a couple of really good friends who were my age that I was good friends with. Before Roger came to school, his friends were telling me about how smart he was and how he was going to a really prestigious engineering school. So, when Rog transferred to Western I already knew a bit about him. I was just starting graduate school and had to help teach a basic Animal Science class that all Ag majors must take, so Rog was in my class, although he hardly ever bothered to show up. Needless to say, he wasn't doing very well on his tests, so I started writing notes on the top, goading him a bit, saying things like, "I thought you were smart", and "I guess your friends were wrong". Well, he started coming to class more and stopping by my office to chat. This continued for the next semester, and finally in my last semester of school, we started dating. He was in school for another year, then after he graduated he moved back to Indiana and we had a long-distance relationship until our wedding 9 months later.

Not a real exciting story I guess, but our engagement was quite memorable. It was March, and for the previous three months, the only time we saw each other was whatever weekends we could get off work and one of us would drive 4 hours to see the other. So one Friday we knew we would see each other, but couldn't agree on who would go where, so we were arguing a bit. I got off work earlier, so I thought it made sense for me to come up, but he kept putting me off, saying he would just come down. After a few phone calls, I was really annoyed, and didn't care if he came or not. He should have gotten to my house around 10 that night, but when I talked to him, he said he was about an hour and a half away. I was sooo mad, I just went to bed. Around midnight, he calls and says he is just about a mile away, but ran out of gas, could I come get him? I was irate and almost said no, but I agreed and he said to pull in behind his truck so my headlights would shine into the bed and he could find a gas can. So, here I am, in my PJs, on the side of the highway, when Rog jumps out of his truck wearing nothing but cowboy boots!! He had roses in one hand and a little box in the other, throws open my door, kneels down and pops the question. All I could do was stammer, yes,yes, now get back in your truck! It turns out he met his cousin that evening and she had helped him pick out the ring, and when she asked him how he was going to ask me, she suggested being naked as a joke. Well, he took her advice and it worked!

He comes from such a small community that everyone heard the story before I got back up for a visit, so I had all kinds of random people I didn't know asking me about it. Talk about embarassing! Amazingly enough, my parents have never asked how he proposed, so I haven't told them, but I am sure it will come out someday.
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  06:07:20 AM  Show Profile
Yay! I LOVE love stories :) These are great!

here's ours....I was moving back to NYC to further develop a relationship with a man I'd dated over the years, so my house was on the market and I WASN'T. A friend who was always single asked me to go this Irish Pub to see a band, one of whose members was a mutual friend I hadn't seen in a while. So, we went, and the band was great, and there was "Justin" this beautiful guy, imagine James Dean (seriously) who had a lovely voice and really engaging personality, but seemed like...well, sort of pompous. So she and I entertained plenty of chatty guys from the band and I noted that he had not one DRIP of interest in me (which sortof made me mad, but WHY? I was moving and in love with someone else????)....So, the next Thursday, we went back. I was early, and sat on the bar stool right in front of the door waiting on my friend, when in "he" walked. I swear, it was like time stood still and everything around me was in slow motion--he says it was the same for him. Once I remembered myself, I managed a "hello" as did he, and then I laid LOW the rest of the night, kindof confused about the can of worms I was opening for myself. Sometime during the show, these two girls came in (think heroin chic) wearing pleather (seriously), tattoos and thong undies out their low riding pleather pants. They seemed to know "him", or at least wanted to know him better, so I studyied my competition, and during the show, mouthed to him "can I borrow your jacket, it's cold..." he nodded and smiled, and I put it on. After the show, the heroin chic girls ran over to Justin to talk...so, I waited about a minute before I went to politely return his jacket...and when I did return it, I whispered to him that "I needed to tell him something...", so we sat down and I couldn't think of anything to "tell", so I just sat quiet and REAL close. But, that was that, after that night, we were literally inseparable, and had the best time running all over town. I took my house off the market and he moved in a month later and we were married a year after, on August 4. We've been together for 8 years now.

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  06:45:52 AM  Show Profile
Well I had just bought this car (the dealer was really cheesy and boy, did he see me coming!) and it had broke down before I even got it home. I worked as a presser at a dry cleaner and the husband of one of my co-workers was a mechanic. So, he took my car and worked on it. Meanwhile, I was walking the 2 miles to work and back as I couldn't afford cab fare.

So, finally, I got home from work and there's my car in the driveway. Ron, the mechanic, was there with a friend who drove his car over so he'd have a way back home. He introduced me to this tall (taller than me, anyway), tanned, handsome man with a flashy smile and Western drawl.

I was so excited to have my car back, I barely noticed him. Besides, I didn't exactly look my best. I just got off work (which was very hot) and walked home in June and I was all sweaty and my hair was pasted to my head. So, I guess I was more embarrassed at meeting him looking like I did.

The next day at work, my friend said that this man wanted to ask me out. I said to tell him I'd think about it. Well, then, all of a sudden I started getting flowers at work. Every day for a week. How could I resist that? So, I agreed to go out with him.

He was so sweet and so attentive it actually scared me! He took me to a fancy restaurant that I had never been to before. Then we went dancing. No man had ever treated me that good. My first husband, well we won't go there. I had never even met a man who would even dance. I figured there had to be something wrong with this man, so I ditched him!

Well, the flowers started coming again! I was flattered but still afraid to go any farther. Then one rainy night, after I had put my boys to bed, I was hanging clothes in my bedroom closet. I heard this tapping on my window. It's him! He starts singing "I'm Gonna Love You Forever" by that country singer Randy something-or-other. He had climbed up on top of my front porch in the pouring rain to serenade me! Well, I was hooked for good.

That was 21 years ago. I still have the cards that came with all those flowers he sent in my jewelry box. And I still get flowers often.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  09:47:25 AM  Show Profile
Oh I love reading these stories...here is mine...

I just got out of a bad relationship a few months before and a bad job. I got a new job at the time and got out of the relationship. Fast forward to a few months later. I was searching for Alison Krauss's Live CD that had come out that day. I looked all over at several Walmart stores and a couple of other places. At the time, there was a FYI store at the mall and they had a good selection. So I decided to go there as a last resort. I was looking at the cds and there was this feller looking at cds. I can't remember who spoke first, but we began talking music and such. Little did we know, we sat and talked for quite some time there. He boldly asked for my number to "talk more". haha. I was very hesitant, so I gave him my cell. He called me a couple of days later, only to realize we lived not even a mile from each other.

We had our first date and the rest was history. He won me over. I introduced him to my friends and they liked him and finally with my family. Had to pass the "brother test"...ya know, the one that you make sure that your brother likes. If he didn't like my brother or my family, then it was history. Well he passed. haha. Only guy ever to pass the good ole brother test.

When it was our one year anniversary of 'courtin' we went to a concert and he had Josh Turner to sing "That's The Way Love Goes". Josh dedicated it to us. Then at another show, we had "In My Dreams" dedicated to us.

Come time for our wedding, we used an Alison Krauss song at the beginning, since it was the "beginning" of our relationship. We used a Josh Turner song midway through the wedding and then a kicking bluegrass tune as we walked off as hubby and wife, meaning our lives will always be full of kicking good times!

This May we will celebrate our 3 year anniversary and have been together 5 years in July. :)

~Jessica in Kentucky & Farmgirl Sisterhood #137~
Be sure to visit my blog & Crafty Clipart for some of my photographs:
http://bluegrassprincess.blogspot.com/
http://www.craftyclipart.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  11:25:45 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Ok...stick with me on this..

I had been out of the military for 4 years when 2 days before September 11th, I went to a recruiter to get back in. I honestly felt like there was something I had to finish...

Well, after a year of red tape and paperwork, I was given a date to leave of August 15th. Well, long story short, that date got cancelled and I was shipped off October 15th. I was sent to a temporary unit in Chicago to get my uniforms and then I would be off to VA beach for my school. Well, DH had gotten to Chicago a day before me, he came over from Army to Navy. He never really talked to me until we both found out we were going to the same school. He left a week ahead of me. When I arrived in VA beach, I had no class to join, so I had to wait. They suddenly decided to put together a "test" class of prior service members and guess who was in my class?? HUBBY!!!!

There were only 5 of us in the class and we were the oldest and we hit it off. We hung out A LOT and we ended up spending every waking moment together. Then he got stationed in San Diego and me in Washinton State but we flew to see each other just about every weekend or when I would "sail" down to San Diego. We both deployed at the same time but I eventually ended up getting orders to San Diego once we were married. We got married in San Diego, right on the harbor, by the Justice of the Peace. I wore a Hawaiian flower dress and flip flops and hubby surprised me by buying and wearing a matching shirt. We then went to a Pub for lunch.

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90

Edited by - catscharm74 on Feb 14 2008 11:26:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  12:34:13 PM  Show Profile
My husband and I met on the internet. The first day I got my computer I went online into a European chat channel on IRC. I met a lot of interesting people there and my husband was one of them. We chatted for a while that first night and he asked for my email address. The next day I received a 'thank you for talking to me email' and an attachment of a photo of a rose from him. I was very impressed with his kindness and his manners and we became online friends. After a few weeks he called me and it was like talking to an old friend. We had so much in common although being from different cultures. After a while we talked on the phone almost everyday. I had never met a man like him. We sent each other packages and letters quite a bit too. After 8 months of talking with him he wanted to come here to visit. I had a feeling that we might become more than friends and I was open to that possibility.

Going to the airport I had one of my best male friends drive me. I was so nervous and going on so that my friend wanted to clobber me I'm sure. At the airport we looked all over but couldn't find him anywhere. He had arrived a bit early and was outside waiting for us. We decided to go out to see if we could find him and as I was going out I saw this handsome blonde fellow in a white sweater coming in the door beside me. We almost ran into each other and as I looked into his eyes my heart jumped. It was him!! He gave me the biggest bear hug ever and we both were smiling and couldn't stop. I sort of forgot about my other friend being there for a second too. hehe On the way home I think I talked his leg off, I was nervous but he didn't seem to mind.

During those weeks he was in I took him all over Kentucky. We saw a Kentucky Wildcats game his second day here, went to Cumberland Gap, and to the Bardstown and Fort Knox areas. While in Fort Knox we visited the General George Patton Museum and as we were leaving there we were talking about how much we were enjoying our time together. We knew we only had about 10 more days before he went home and hated thinking about it. On the way to my car he looked over and said "I don't ever want to leave you, will you marry me?". I had tears in my eyes as I told him "YES"! That was a bit over 10 years ago. Taking him to the airport was one of the hardest things I ever had to do. 3 months later I went to Sweden and met his family and he bought me an engagement ring. We traveled both and forth several times before we were married in 1999. I was able to go back with him to Sweden after we were married for a while but had to come back to get started on the immigration process. I went back for visits until he was able to come back as a resident. He's been here over 6 years now and I can hardly remember what life was like before I met him.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

gafarmwoman
True Blue Farmgirl

244 Posts

Pam
Georgia
USA
244 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  12:53:51 PM  Show Profile
The year was 1975. I was a senior in high school with a job after school. I was on my way to said job when I saw my ex-boy friend who still had my senior necklace.Plus a friend had told me she heard he had gave it to another girl. He was standing in the back of a gas station, the part where they worked on cars. The Guess Who was playing on my 8-track tape player,American Woman, loudly of course. When he saw me get out of the car he tried to hide behind the mechanic's rack holding the car up. I was late for work and yell at him that he had better have my senior necklace with him that I didn't have time to mess with him over it and if I found out that---had it that you and her both are going to eat dirt.(I was a country girl with 4 brothers and he knew I meant it). He said he would get it to me.
The next day the ex-boyfriend calls and said the guy there with him yesterday wanted to know who the fiesty girl was and wanted to go out with me. I didn't even see anyone else there. I said I would have to meet him first. So in a little while a 1942 black ford coupe comes pulling up. Well, just imagine Baby from Dirty Dancing meets John Miller from American Graffiti. The guy driving the yellow coupe.Except better looking. That was us. We were as different as night and day. He just gotten out of the navy. I still was in school. We went on that first date. And a second. And more. Right after I graduated we eloped. I think we had $32.00. Life hasn't been dull. That was almost 33 years ago. Life still isn't dull and I never did get my senior necklace back.

You can never have enough friends.
Please come and sit a spell with me at Life on a Southern Farm
http://georgiafarmwoman.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lovelady
True Blue Farmgirl

533 Posts

Toni
Indiana
USA
533 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  1:29:14 PM  Show Profile
OH, I love hearing all these stories! I want more, more! :)
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  1:48:33 PM  Show Profile
I was a divorced mom with two little girls in 1993. I lived in NY state and worked in an insurance office during day and taught aerobics a few nights a week in exchange for the girls classes at a dance school. This man came in to our insurance office from one of our companies to do some inputting on our new system and the first thing I noticed was his nice suit and oxblood wingtip shoes (I have a thing for nice shoes on a man!) He later said he noticed me too, but saw the pictures of my children and assumed that I was married. We would speak on the phone once in awhile, but nothing happened. I really liked him and couldn't stop talking about him. My sister kept telling me to ask him out, but I couldn't do that!! One day I went to a claims meeting (exciting insurance stuff) and he was there, so I sat next to him. We talked a bit afterwards and it turned out that he was from Rhode Island and his family had a summer house one street away from friends of mine. I got up my nerve and asked him to a dance, but he was busy. Fast forward a few months and he finally called to ask me out. I told him that I would love to go out but that I would be moving in about a month to go out to Idaho. We went out for an Italian dinner and a movie and we've been pretty much inseparable since. He talked me out of moving to Idaho even though I was scared to make a change in my plans for a man, but thought that I had to give him a chance. He was so good to my children and treated me like a princess (he still does). We got married in 1996 and did end up moving to Idaho together eventually. We still feel like newlyweds and always treat each other wonderfully. Now we are grandparents and my children are close by (one in Idaho & one in Seattle). I never thought I would have the life that I do. It is so full of love.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  2:25:50 PM  Show Profile
It was 1964 and my best friend Marie kept nagging at me to go out with her boyfriends brother. I kept saying no. You see I had already met him at a big party(like 200 people) that my girlfriends and I had thrown. He was, to say the least drunk and tried to dance with me, that was a joke , but the worst of it was he kept trying to kiss me and not just a peck on the cheek. As far as I was concerned it was instant hate!!(even though he was darn cute) Then I went to another friends house and he kept trying to get me to ride on his motorcycle. NO. Little did he know I had riden way more bikes than he ever had! Well, finally after much more begging from Marie I said ok. So I had him pick me up at my friend Carolyn & Bills house. That way I felt safe! Well, I swear to God, he walked in the door and my heart just stopped. He was so handsome, great manners and had flowers. Nice black leather jacket didn't hurt either. We spent the whole evening at Carolyn's and when he left, I closed the door and said to her, I am going to marry that guy. And I did in May 1966. We were together from that night on and still are going on 44 years 42 of them,married.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

myfairlady636
True Blue Farmgirl

226 Posts

Janice
Fort Bridger WY
USA
226 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  2:37:24 PM  Show Profile
We found each other online! Both of us were in the middle of nasty divorces, we were both lonely, and to be quite honest we were probably more open with our anguish and hurt than we would have been if we would have known each other face to face. We chatted for hours and got to know each other so well before we ever laid eyes on each other. I refused to let him see me and I didn't want to see him. At first he was like a safety net I suppose, I could tell him anything and not feel threatened or judged...afterall... he was an online friend and I didn't really think I would ever meet him. I had no intention of ever meeting him, so I held nothing back. Over the course of nearly a year, and him asking me many times to at least let him see a picture of me... we fell in "on-line love". Looking back at it I am not sure if I thought it was really love. I didn't know for sure if the things he said to me were actually true or if he was like so many people online... just creating a fantasy personality. I knew I really liked talking to him, I felt that I could be open and free to say what was on my mind, and it helped "thinking" that he was going through some of the same things I was going through.

Meanwhile... in real life... Being a single mother was hard business for me. I needed man help sometimes. I had no idea how to buy tires, or change the brakes, or fix a toilet. Several months into being a single mother it had to be done.. I needed new tires.
I headed to the Tire and Lube at Wal Mart. The tire tech there was so nice, and helpful. I purchased 2 new tires and watched him as he put them on my car. There was something about him that I just immediately liked. As soon as I could afford it I headed back to buy 2 more tires! He wasn't there that day, so I didn't buy them. I kept checking back until he was there and I bought them from him. As soon as I could afford it I had my oil changed. Same thing, he wasn't there so I checked back until he was. I could tell there was a chemistry between us, but I was not even close to thinking about a new relationship or even dating. I really needed my brakes changed and he told me he would come to my house to do them on his lunch hour! "NO WAY"- I said. So, I walked out to my car after work one afternoon, and there he was, laying on the ground in the parking lot of the grocery store that I worked changing my brakes. (Small towns!) "What do I owe you?" I said. "Nothin'- maybe go to dinner with me sometime." I made up some excuse and left him standing in the parking lot. My divorce wasn't final, and there was no way I was getting mixed up with some tire guy! Ugghh....

Meanwhile... the online "romance". He insisted that we meet! I got so scared. I finally agreed to meet him at a very public, outdoor concert. He told me he would meet me at a specific gate. When I arrived, there he was... my tire guy. What a trip! We had both driven more than 60 miles to meet and didn't realize that we lived in the same town! Immediately, we started trying to figure out how we could blend our huge families and make everything work so that we could be together. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't change a thing, I fell in love with my Jamie for so many non-superfical reasons, and he fell in love with me, sight unseen. When he did finally see me, he told me over and over again that I am the most beautiful woman he ever laid eyes on. He still tells me that, all the time.

Some Interesting facts:
*We lived in the same town and didn't know it
*Our divorces were finalized on the same day, signed by the same judge.
*We were married 7 days later in a private ceremony, most people don't know about that.. including some of our children & my parents- by the same judge that signed our divorces.
*We had a family ceremony one month later.

We have been married now for 4-1/2 years. We blended our family of 10 children. 5 of which live with us now. We have 3 granddaughters and 2 grandbabies on the way. We are not without challanges, but we are committed to each other and our family, and we both believe that we were destined to be together.

My Fair Lady Farm Girl Sister # 92

"Our lives have meaning, purpose and direction"

http://millberrycottage.blogspot.com/

http://myfairlady636.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  2:48:32 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
These are great!!! No hubby yet, met the current beau through my boss. I wasn't impressed at first, looks wise, but I know theres more to people than the appearance. We clicked and have a lot in common. What's sad is my ex and I's story is way more interesting. haha. So nice to hear about all the wonderful marriages:) You all inspire me and set good examples.

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."
http://liggygirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggygirlslonggreen.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  3:20:05 PM  Show Profile
My relationship with my college boyfriend was dying a slow death, and after months of listen to me cry about it, my not-so-sympathetic roommate posted my vital statistics and photo on an online dating site - without my knowledge. All of the sudden I was swamped with e-mails from weirdos and perverts. But there was this one e-mail that stood out. The man who wrote it sounded so nice I didn't want to be a jerk and not respond, so I replied that I was sorry - my profile was posted without my permission and that I already had a boyfriend. Then he wrote back...and I wrote back...and he wrote back...and I wrote back....
Six months later, we decided to meet for lunch. Two years later, he asked me to marry him. Two years after that, we tied the knot!
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  4:11:04 PM  Show Profile
This is so much fun reading all your stories. Janice, what an incredible coincidence!

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  8:37:41 PM  Show Profile
I love your story, Janice! How remarkable. I bet you can't wait to tell people that...I just feel like it was truly destiny (and a great set of radials )

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  10:11:06 PM  Show Profile
has everyone reading this already "heard" the story of me remarrying my first husband 26 years to the day from when we divorced? If not, I'll share "the rest of the story".
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2008 :  02:41:39 AM  Show Profile
These are fantastic!
Love is in the air...
Ronna, that's a tale I want to hear/read! Post it when you get the chance.
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2008 :  03:58:32 AM  Show Profile
From the start, I had wanted to live in NC.

Had to deny an interview the day the zoo called and we were already packed and readt to move to CA.

While there I met someone and did the marriage thing in Vegas. got a call again from the zoo, but said I was married but please continue to kepp me in mind some day. The "marriage" was a BIG mistake. A year and a half later- ended up becoming victim # 3 for a wife beating SOB. In a fit of desperation, I prayed to God to get me out of the relationship and help me cross the path of a God fearing good man. So the night we had the worst fight and he tried to strangle me, I called the cops, got a divorce and headed back to the Eastern U S.

Did 9 months time at Disnay's Animal Kingdom then FINALLY got another call from the NC Zoo they had a position for me!

On my first day at the NC ZOO, I apparently caught the eye of someone, and a little over a year later, we started dating. Kind of weird when you get that feeling that this is the one. He was the one, and my parents couldn't have been happier. Hubby has a thurst for God and defending his faith.

It took 3 tries to get here and 1 bad marriage, but well worth it.

Before we started dating for real, I helped hubby on a side job or two. Unbeknownst to me, this was a test. Figuring if he could work well w/ me , it might be a good fit marriage wise. Good choice!

So last night we went back to where we had our first V Day date.

It's been nearly 8 blissfull years now

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Your Love Story Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page