Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 I found the weirdest way to put Nora to Sleep
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic I found the weirdest way to put Nora to Sleep Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  11:54:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Nora has always pulled on her ears when she is tired, and I know there is a pressure point in the triangle that is right in front of the ear canal. Anyway, today, Nora was just about asleep and I was trying to snag a piece of wax that was outside the ear canal. I do this by getting a Q-Tip and swirling it outside her ear canals lightly. I never ever put anything down her ear canal.

Well, she got this weird look on her face and started to fall asleep! The look on her face was so funny. The closest I can come to describing it is a cat's face when you are petting it and you find that really itchy spot that makes them purr and close their eyes? I think Nora would have purred if she could!

And yup! She did fall asleep due to my twirling Q-Tip! LOL How funny is that?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  12:07:22 PM  Show Profile
Wow - I would treasure that newfound knowledge if I were you!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

jenbove

320 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
320 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  12:33:02 PM  Show Profile
Too cute, Alee! I can just see her lovely eyes drooping. Sam likes it when I nibble on his tender little lobes. He smiles & turns his head so that I'm sure to get both of them.

I remember reading about ear massage when my dear old dog was on his last leg. So, I looked it up again & found this:

"Your ear contains hundreds of important points, so, massage every point, and when you are finished, pull them down three times. This was something I learned from a holistic veterinarian years ago. It is very natural to pull a dog's ears; to reach out, grab them both, and tug them (lightly, of course). It is also one of the most wonderful things you can do with your pets. Pulling the ears stimulates many points which has a delightful effect on all the organ systems. As your kids are running off to school in the morning, grab them, give them a big hug, then pull their ears three times."

Isn't that kinda neat? I think I'll try that on my girls tomorrow morning!

There's more on ear/face massage at http://www.mnwelldir.org/docs/qigong/qgsm.htm

Jen

GOT A "WILD HAIR"?
COME VISIT MARYJANE'S OUTPOST!

www.maryjanesoutpost.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member # 9

My Blog: The View From My Boots
www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  1:58:11 PM  Show Profile
The chiropracter I used to go to was also and accupunturist and he hated all my earrings. He thought a lot of my problems were because of piercings through accupuncture sites.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  2:21:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That's an interesting concept!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

777 Posts

Lea
TN
777 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  3:47:38 PM  Show Profile
Well that is just the neatest thing, Alee. I'm looking forward to reading more of the article, Jen!

Blessings, Lea
www.farmhouseblessings.blogspot.com
www.farmhouseblessings.etsy.com

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot
Go to Top of Page

HFox
Farmgirl in Training

49 Posts

Laura
Parkesburg PA
USA
49 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2008 :  06:32:50 AM  Show Profile  Send HFox a Yahoo! Message
I am definately trying this, Alee. I would love to help my little one fall asleep earlier...
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic I found the weirdest way to put Nora to Sleep Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page