New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic '70's Cutie Alert Next Topic  

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2008 :  08:10:18 AM  Show Profile
Alright, you Farmgirls who are old enough to know who he is. David Cassidy is on Oprah tomorrow. And, I don't even have a TV! Please watch it and tell me all about it! My daughter watched the Partridge Family this past summer and has her first crush on him. It's just so cute! I saw a t-shirt that said "Keith Partridge for President." Yes, indeedy...

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2008 :  08:20:48 AM  Show Profile
OH, my! And this, after seeing Donny Osmond supporting his sister Marie on the show "Dancing with the Stars" this past season. I wonder how David's holding up? He was a cutie ... thanks for the heads-up!

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2008 :  08:55:32 AM  Show Profile
When I was in jr. high I would kiss old david cassidy everynight before i went to bed!!!(My room was lined with Tiger Beat photos!!!) Whatever happened to Bobby Sherman? Liked him too!!!LOL!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2008 :  09:01:43 AM  Show Profile
Jo, I missed Donny Osmond too? Yes, I need a tv!
Debi, Me too, me too! He was THE one. By the way, when a friend of mine met my husband-to-be years ago, she said to me, "He looks just like David Cassidy!" I hadn't realized it at the time, but I guess that was why it was love at first sight! Now, about Bobby Sherman. I think he is a policeman somewhere. Imagine that!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2008 :  10:04:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh MY Gosh! Did you say TIGER BEAT?!! I used to buy those all the time to get the pictures of the "Hottest" guys of the moment! I had guys that I kissed everynight before bed too! That is just too funny!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2008 :  11:39:50 AM  Show Profile
ya'll mus' be young'uns .. shoooooooot .. perry como and frank sinatra were HOT when i was little! well .. VERY little .. actually ELVIS was the big hottie when i was a teen.

i remember a funny story! i had a wonderful bedroom as a teenager .. with one of those big 'vanity dressers' with the huge round mirror! I had a picture of ELVIS and a 'sunday school' picture of JESUS taped to my mirror! I can see my Nannie now .. as she stormed into my room and told me that i HAD to make a DECISION .. either Elvis or Jesus!!! one of them had to GO! she just thought it was blasphemy to have them sharing mirror space!

you know .. to this day .. i don't remember who stayed put on that mirror! but i can't mention 'elvis' without a big smile coming to my face as i relive that moment in time! (well .. the FIRST part of it anyway!)

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:
"GATHERING ROOM" ..
http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. up for adoption:
http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2008 :  12:13:35 PM  Show Profile
Elvis or Jesus! That's hilarious!!
(By the way...my two cats are Elvis and Gracie!)
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2008 :  5:44:07 PM  Show Profile
Well give both Elvis & Gracie a kitty kissy from me & my girls,
Sissy, Dolly, ms beasley & peek-a-boo....

>^..^<

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knewslady
True Blue Farmgirl

555 Posts

Kathy
Russellville KY
USA
555 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2008 :  6:00:55 PM  Show Profile
I hope I don't forget about this. I saw David Cassidy in concert in Nashville when he was hot. I almost got my butt throwed out of that concert because I kept trying to go through the barrier to the stage. I just wanted to touch him one time. He wore a white jumpsuit and I just know running my hands through that long gorgeous hair of his would have been the experience of a life time. Sigh........
Kathy

Will always be a farmgirl at heart
Visit my online shop at http://KentuckyBackwoods.etsy.com
My blog: KentuckyBackwoods.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2008 :  8:26:51 PM  Show Profile
You crack me up Kathy..jeesh we must all be close to the same age..I remember having all those '70's guys on my walls when I was in Jr. High too. I never got to actually go to a concert!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2008 :  9:14:49 PM  Show Profile
He was definately on my wall too. Of course thats when I knew what true love was. LOL
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  03:40:46 AM  Show Profile
I knew you guys would know what I was talking about here! True love. First love. Ah. They don't make teenage idols like that anymore. Do they still publish a mag like Tiger Beat? I bet not. Who would they put on the cover??
I just saw an ad on oprah.com for the show. (I'm doing my best to figure out how to see it without tv.) I think I saw Kathy~knewslady in the audience, pushing to get to the stage.
But really, take a look at the clip, the women are going crazy. Oprah says "Get a-hold of yourselves!"
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  04:39:43 AM  Show Profile
Kathy!!! You are hysterical!! I don't know what I would have done at a concert!!! I'd cry watching the Partridge Family!!! And of couse I wore out The Album!!!!I guess we are all showing our age!!! LOL!! Hugs! I'll watch Oprah today! I get off work at 3!!!!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

gafarmwoman
True Blue Farmgirl

244 Posts

Pam
Georgia
USA
244 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  05:58:47 AM  Show Profile
I was a David Cassidy, Bobby Sherman fan too. I also bought the Tiger Beat to look at those long haired hippies(as my Mama called them). For my 9th birthday my oldest sister bought me my first Monkees album. Do any of you remember them? Now that was my first love. Davy Jones ahhh.

You can never have enough friends.
Please come and sit a spell with me at Life on a Southern Farm
http://georgiafarmwoman.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knewslady
True Blue Farmgirl

555 Posts

Kathy
Russellville KY
USA
555 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  06:04:40 AM  Show Profile
Here I go again, I was the biggest Mickey Dolenz fan there was. I had everyone of their albums, singles and everything else. There was a time when I could have told you every fact there was to know about Mickey Dolenz. I did get to see him about five years ago at one those old timers reunion concerts outside of Nashville. Bobby Sherman was there too, he has held up pretty well, but Mickey is kind of like me, the aging is catching up with him.

Will always be a farmgirl at heart
Visit my online shop at http://KentuckyBackwoods.etsy.com
My blog: KentuckyBackwoods.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

gafarmwoman
True Blue Farmgirl

244 Posts

Pam
Georgia
USA
244 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  07:07:54 AM  Show Profile
Me too Kathy. I also had all the albums, singles and other stuff. Even the cards. You remember the bubble gum trading cards? Ohhh, and the t.v. show. I couldn't wait until the end when they would sing. I knew the words, or at least what a nine-year old thought were the words, to all their songs. At times those songs still just pop out of my mouth. My sons used to put their fingers in their ears when I would belt out I'm a Believer as I cleaned or just for the fun of it. They didn't inherit my fine taste of music.

You can never have enough friends.
Please come and sit a spell with me at Life on a Southern Farm
http://georgiafarmwoman.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

palmettogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

571 Posts

sue
camden south carolina
USA
571 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  07:22:28 AM  Show Profile
I THINK I LOVE YOU!......... i remember going to see in concert the ...Cowsills! anybody remember them? they were the family group that the partridge family tv show was based on!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic '70's Cutie Alert Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page