Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Where do I get (lots) dried Lavender and hops?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Where do I get (lots) dried Lavender and hops? Next Topic  

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  09:25:26 AM  Show Profile
I'm making Justin a little aromatherapy pillow for Valentines day, so that he can stick inside his pillow case, but I wanted to fill it with dried lavender/hops...and for some dumb reason, I can't think of where I'd go to get that...I used all my dried lavender for really bad Lavender shortbread a few weeks ago (*gag*)....

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  09:36:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
www.mountainroseherbs.com sells in bulk and they're organic. It's about $15.00 per pound of Lavender and about $21.00 per pound for hops.

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk to blossom
Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  09:40:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
Here's another one...

www.ediblenature.com

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk to blossom
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2907 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2907 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  10:44:54 AM  Show Profile
Jonni
I've ordered from Mountain Rose & have been very pleased.. & your lavendar shortbread does sound disgusting
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  11:43:46 AM  Show Profile
Yeah, I thought it was going to be sooo yummy, and it just WASN'T. Lemon lavender to be exact. Blech. Do you think if I ordered from them now, I'd have by V-Day?

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2907 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2907 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  12:01:29 PM  Show Profile
Jonni
Here are their shipping policies
Cutoff Times
All standard ground orders must be received by 3 PM to qualify for 24 hour shipping. For more information surrounding 24 hour shipping, including limitations, please see
http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/24hours.html
If you have selected UPS 2nd Day and 3 Day Select services, orders must be received by

2 PM Monday-Friday Pacific Time to qualify for same day shipping, and UPS Next Day orders must be received by 12 PM Pacific Time to qualify for same day shipping.
If you request regular UPS or FedEx ground services for your order, but wish to have it expedited and shipped the same day, we will "rush" your order by having it sent out the same day it was received. This service costs $5.00 and your order must be received by 2 PM Monday-Friday Pacific Time.

Here is their website
http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/index.php
They have EVERYTHING
Go to Top of Page

herbquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

891 Posts

Kristine
Bonney Lake Wa
USA
891 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  5:22:24 PM  Show Profile
For things that are edible I use mountain rose herbs. For herbal crafts I use San Fransico Herbs.

Blessings,
Kristine ~ Mother of Many & Herbalist
www.herbalmomma.com

Farmgirl Sister #97
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Where do I get (lots) dried Lavender and hops? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page