Page: of 2

downbranchroad
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Joy
Southern KY
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  5:39:12 PM  Show Profile  Send downbranchroad a Yahoo! Message
Let's bump this up. Share some pictures girls.

Appalachian Girl
Jem

*If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got.

My new blog!
http://downbranchroad.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  6:09:09 PM  Show Profile
I'll post pics of my new home in a while, after I get the unpacking finished. The worst part of moving is the unpacking, but the best part is a clean slate for decorating!! And I do love decorating (residential planning/design major)!! It looks too empty and thrown together right now to really show my style... it's 'in the process'. Haha...the corners where I don't know WHAT to do to spiffy 'em up...I lovingly refer to those corners as 'potential'.

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  6:10:06 PM  Show Profile
My house is all Country since its a log home. My living room is western and native american. Other rooms are just country decor/ primitive items along with family and yard sale antiques. Saved many years to gain this stuff before we bulit our home 5 yrs ago.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  6:57:37 PM  Show Profile
I think my style is country comfortable. No chrome and glass here. My kitchen tries to be 1940's style sort of..which I love..and my living room is more primitive I guess. I love old stuff. My house is an old one too..the original part (it has been added on to here and there in a silly loveable way..was built in 1895.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  9:00:11 PM  Show Profile
well .. since taking all the stuff off the walls to have them painted .. i 'might' get into a 'slightly' less country cluttered look. oh gawd! i LOVE country clutter!!!

going to put stuff back 'slowly' .. pick and choose and probably let some treasures GO! (ha! time will tell!) OR it might just give me an excuse to go antiquing! xo

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

moxieblossom
True Blue Farmgirl

121 Posts

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  11:10:38 PM  Show Profile
Our style up until recently was what I call comfy modern, very clean lines and neutral colors, but all very comfy and relaxed... and boring, to be honest. Now I'm getting more into a "girly organic/green/natural shabby chic" mode with a heavy emphasis on textiles and handmade things, but we're on a budget so I can't redo everything all at once. :)

We recently re-did our bedroom... bought a plain green bedspread, combined it with the existing ivory sheets and pillowcases. I bought some 108" ivory muslin and made simple curtains... I finished the cut edges but left the selvages as the bottom of the curtains unfinished. I also covered the existing wall hangings with a pretty green leafy calico by duct-taping the edges of the fabric to the back of the frames. We added a faux bamboo tree from elsewhere in the house and some green lamps to match the bedspread. I love it because even though there's a definite color scheme (green/ivory) and the lines are clean and modern, there's also a very simple, homegrown/organic feeling to it.

Now I'm hooked on covering existing picture frames with fabric... did it tonight in our guest bathroom. For the price of a yard of calico you can have new focal points that match your colors/theme! You can also put a little foam in between the glass and the fabric and use it as a bulletin/picture board.

My next project will be the kitchen... I'm thinking deep, darkish teal and hot pink... and doing a somewhat kitschy, retro kitchen with embroidered hand towels and wall-hangings, a broom with an apron on it, and maybe a flamingo will make an appearance too. ;) I keep drooling over a 50's-era pink stove, but that won't quite fit in the budget. LOL

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Farmgirl Sister #242
http://vintage-moxie.blogspot.com

Edited by - moxieblossom on Jul 19 2008 08:41:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

sdleah
True Blue Farmgirl

93 Posts

Leah
Pittsburg TX
USA
93 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  2:01:49 PM  Show Profile
When we lived in South Dakota, we had a ranch-style home that was decorated rustic/western. Dh and I both love that style. Then we moved into an old farmhouse and none of our decor fits. So we are gradually switching to rustic cottage, although $$ is tight so we haven't done much yet.

I love very simple lines. Think Shaker-style. Uncluttered. It makes me feel like I can breathe.

Of course, with two little boys, the idea of living without clutter is merely a dream at this time in my life!

Leah
wife to the greatest guy in the world
Mom to Ethan, 4 yrs. old, Philip, 23 months, and our holiday baby due December 4th

www.narrowgatemorgans.com
Go to Top of Page

kindacrunchymom
True Blue Farmgirl

94 Posts

Diane
In the thumb Michigan
94 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  3:57:02 PM  Show Profile
We like simple lines too, but our house doesn't have a true "style" other than "Hand me down mish mosh". I love it though because almost everything has some sentimental value to it. We have a lot of light gold, sagey green and soft whites. Our furniture (couch and loveseat) is mission style, but then we have a 1960's occasional chair and an old bureau in the living room, for example.

Farmmom to my 3 year old farm tot, and wife to a country boy!
To learn more about me, here is my blog:
http://mcadmom.wordpress.com/

Go to Top of Page

clux64
True Blue Farmgirl

162 Posts

Celeste
Blair NE
USA
162 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2008 :  10:17:50 AM  Show Profile
Mine is cottaqe style with leanings toward french country. We have an old, non descript, remodeled bungalow style farmhouse. Simple, comfortable and colorful are the theory my decorating is built on...but a fear of color, chronic procrastination and MOUNTAINS of unfinnished projects have the whole place about 2/3 finnished. If only I could post the picture in my head.

Celeste

"No matter where you go, there you are"
--Confucious

www.urbanprairiehome.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2008 :  6:13:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am working on finding ways to disguise my husband's love of technology and gadgets with sweet country style. In reality I just want my house to be comfortable and a place that feels wholesome and restful to all who come by.

I love this thread! What wonderful ideas!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Your homes and style Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page