Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Vtg crochet knitting needlework books ALL TAKEN
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Vtg crochet knitting needlework books ALL TAKEN Next Topic  

createmyworld
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Beth
Akron PA
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  07:23:33 AM  Show Profile
I have some vintage crochet, knitting, needlework books and leaflets which I am ready to let go. I received these from my dh's grandma. They are all in pretty nice shape cosmetically, but have a slight musty odor. I have copied all the patterns I want from them and am ready to send them on their way to someone else who might be able to use them. There are tons of great patterns that are still in style or are back in style (retro)...

McCall's How to CROCHET IT! book 1 copyright 1973; Woman's Day 101 sweaters you can knit & crochet copyright 1971; 1001 fashion & needlecraft ideas book 3 copyright 1971; Leisure Arts Crocheted critters leaflet 109 copyright 1977. - all to Bonne

Teach yourself to crochet in just one day! leaflet 7 copyright 1972; Columbia-minerva Teach yourself to Knit the easy way book 770 copyright 1968;McCall's step-by-step crochet lesson for beginners book 4 copyright 1971; Woman's Day Granny Squares number 9 copyright 1981; McCall's step-by-step crochet lesson for beginners copyright 1968; The Not-so-nimble needlework book by Iris Rosenthal copyright 1977 - all to Sage

Leisure Arts Snowflake layette jacket, hat, booties and afghan to crochet leaflet 59 copyright 1975 - to Alee

Thanks!
Here's a picture of them:
[URL=http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2004374002032372787][/URL]

Edited by - createmyworld on Feb 05 2008 6:39:58 PM

Sage
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Pam
Worland Wyoming
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  08:28:56 AM  Show Profile
Beth, I'm sending you an email. I'd like a few of the booklets you listed - mainly the teach yourself to knit and crochet. Let me know what you'd like as a trade. Sage

www.heritagedesigns.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  12:43:16 PM  Show Profile
I'll take them off your hands!

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ Blog
http://www.bonne1313.homestead.com/soap.html Soap
Go to Top of Page

Sage
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Pam
Worland Wyoming
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  12:31:37 PM  Show Profile
Beth; Got your email about sending the booklets. Thanks again for your generousity. Sage

Go to Top of Page

Sage
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Pam
Worland Wyoming
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  4:28:51 PM  Show Profile
Beth; What fun looking through the instruction books! I can't believe what was being crocheted and knitted in the seventies. Sent your postage out today and thanks again. Sage

Go to Top of Page

createmyworld
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Beth
Akron PA
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  6:21:17 PM  Show Profile
Pam:
Wow, they got there pretty fast for media mail! Glad you're enjoying them! Thanks for giving them a new home!!
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Vtg crochet knitting needlework books ALL TAKEN Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page