Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2008 :  7:39:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
One of my good friends does Yoga and she looks FANTASTIC! She looks even slimmer and more toned than before she had her beautiful baby. So I am envious and am thinking of starting to do the Namaste Yoga routines.

Do you do Yoga? What school of yoga do your follow? What are your favorite poses?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2008 :  8:40:49 PM  Show Profile
I love my Kundalini Yoga video by Gurmukh!!! I've worn the tape out and I never get tired of it!! the woman is amazing and calm!!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  07:06:48 AM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
ooooh guilty conscience! I loved Power Yoga but I got lazy. Time to get the mat out again!

I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by. ~anon
Go to Top of Page

PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  08:23:31 AM  Show Profile
I have a bunch of Yoga Zone videos that I love! I don't do it as much as I should, though. I just bought a book about teaching yoga to your kids. I want to get Tate started on yoga as soon as I can. I think it would be great for kids to retain that flexibility they are born with!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  5:31:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wow! I just got done doing my workout for the day. I did Namaste Yoga and Shimmy. The yoga had a few really challenging moves, and my fat really annoyed me because I realized I was having a hard time doing a few things because of my weight. But insted of frustrating me and making me want to quit, it actually made me want to do it more to get this ugly spare tire, or as Firemama calls it, my "baby warmer" gone!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  6:43:16 PM  Show Profile
I know what you mean, Alee. Just the amount of abdominal strength that disappears during pregnancy can make things overwhelming. I just walked on my treadmill for a bit because hubby was teasing me that the kids use it more than I do. Ha ha! Tate hangs of the handles and Sullivan climbs up on it and usually falls off. :)
Go to Top of Page

prairielandherbs
True Blue Farmgirl

690 Posts

Maggie
Iowa
USA
690 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  09:41:55 AM  Show Profile
Yoga is amazing. I did it at the local YMCA and with soem tapes, but I found a local teacher who is incredible. It makes me feel fit and strong and oh-so-centered. I can't go just now, but am doing it at home. it still feels fabulous but I'm not nearly as disciplined. I need to get back to class!!!
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  09:45:08 AM  Show Profile
Sorry, Alee, can't help you with this one...I actually got "kicked out" of my yoga class because I was too competitive...it's that ballerina in me

Imagine having to tell Justin THAT one!!!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  10:19:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Jonni! You are too funny! Maybe you could do the home tapes?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  10:19:34 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I don't know the different types but I do like Namaste Yoga. I tried Exhale on Oxygen network and it was too intense. I will say, I am a very muscular gal and I tend to hold onto bulk, no matter how much I run or do aerobics. I started doing yoga and I got cut and my tummy flattened out.

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  10:25:18 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
As soon as the doctor releases me I want to start Yoga. I'm not very good at aerobics even though I was a ballerina many moons ago. I did Yoga a few years ago and found it to be a great alternative to aerobics and did not cause the flushing I get when I am doing aerobics. I need a beginner tape what one should I get? Only 3 more weeks till my release YEA!!!!!!

http://www.bboopster.blogspot.com
3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  10:25:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Yay! Another Namaste Yoga girl! :D It's fun to hear about the different types! I can tell after a while Namaste Yoga won't be enough for me...but that will probably be a few months down the road! Right now I need to get strong enough to be able to do that move where you kick your feet up into the air and put all of your weight on your upper back and shoulders. Last night it was embarassing because I was having to take a couple of attempts to get it right!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  10:48:28 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I think Namaste Yoga is a great place to start and get the basics down.

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

lmillward
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Lorie
Riverton UT
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  6:24:47 PM  Show Profile
I've done yoga for 25 years and it has helped me with more than physical health. It helps me remember that I can be in uncomfortable positions and with the proper focus I can get through them. It also gives me a lot of confidence because I am always amazed at what my body can do!

Long live the weeds and the wildflowers!
Go to Top of Page

KarenP
True Blue Farmgirl

666 Posts

Karen
Chippewa Falls Wisconsin
USA
666 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2008 :  1:19:07 PM  Show Profile
Thanks mima (Debi),
I bought one at Overstock.com for 13.55 including the shipping (DVD).
Here's an online version, I don't know yet if it's the same.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2940221689446489209&q=Kundalini+Yoga&total=995&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=3
Might be nice to check out if you want to know more...
Thanks again,
KarenP

"Purest Spring Water in the World"
Go to Top of Page

Pammy
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Michigan
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2008 :  3:30:10 PM  Show Profile
I have the Yoga for Dummies tape, I really like it. I need to get back at it too. Pam
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2008 :  07:38:01 AM  Show Profile
Oh Jonni!! How funny! I needed a good laff to start my morn!

Since I'm a long haul truck driver and I'm not brave about getting out at truck stops to take a walk, I've discovered yoga. I don't know what brand it is but I found a yoga ring and video of two girls from Austalia (I'm guessing by their accents) and it's great. I don't need much room and the ring is so good and when I go home and ride my horse, I can tell the difference. My thighs are lots stronger. I do need to strengthen my lower back tho. I'm working on that.

Winona :-)

When you lose, don't lose the lesson!!

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2008 :  07:49:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I have been so busy with Nora being sick and me not feeling my greatest, so I haven't worked out in a few days. I am really hoping to get back into it tomorrow. I sure wish there was a way to download my shows off my DVR!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

jenbove

320 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
320 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2008 :  12:54:42 PM  Show Profile
Hey Alee,
I wanted to pipe in with my favorite yoga routine. I love Ashtanga yoga, which I do at home with videos by David Swenson (http://www.ashtanga.net/dev/index.php). I've been doing the "Short Forms" and "First Series" tapes off & on for years, and it just makes me feel really balanced & strong. I'm FAR from being advanced, but I can really see a difference in my flexibility & stamina.
Go girl!
(Hope Nora's feeling better!)

Jen

GOT A "WILD HAIR"?
COME VISIT MARYJANE'S OUTPOST!

www.maryjanesoutpost.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member # 9

My Blog: The View From My Boots
www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Let's talk Yoga! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic