Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 What workout do you do?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic What workout do you do? Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2008 :  11:03:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I really really want to get into shape, so today I tuned into Nameste Yoga and Shimmy both off of Fit TV.

I tuned in too late to join the Yoga routine, but I did do Shimmy (Belly dancing). I love it! So I set both to record and am going to try to do each routine at least once a day!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2008 :  12:33:47 PM  Show Profile
I just dance in general. We have no tv reception and we dont purchase tv either. Thankfully I have been a dancer for years, so that helps. I am glad to hear about that program, Shimmy.

I have a personal Yoga practice that I do regularly and I dance just about everyday. I don't necessarily call it a work out though.

[size=1]
~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Farmgirl Sister #88

Blogs: http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
http://womonandsprout.wordpress.com
http://youtube.com/profile?user=GaiasRose
Homepage:
http://ForestFaeries.etsy.com
"Joyful chaos, working in tune with the seasons, telling itme by the sun, variety, change and self-direction; all this wwas replaced with a brutal, standardized work culture, the effects of which we are still suffering from today." - Tom Hodgkinson in 'How To Be Idle'
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2008 :  12:36:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
I dont,lol!
But when we move I plan on walkin my booty off

Mama to 2
I am who I am
FarmGirl# 20

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

UrbanChick
True Blue Farmgirl

331 Posts

Ayako
Atlanta GA
USA
331 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2008 :  3:43:30 PM  Show Profile
I'm training right now for competattive trail riding so I'm doing sit up, leg presses and lifts, and working out the flexability of my knees and back. I'm working out at the gym I joined about a year ago. When I get my horse back from training she and I are going out for long trail rides 3 times a week, 4 hours or more. Hopefully 15 to 20 miles. She is being conditioned while at the trainers for me and he is doing 4 - 5 hours in trail right now so she should be ready by the time I get her back at the end of the month so I'll have to be ready for her. We go to our first ride in Milton Flordia March 16th.

"Courage dosen't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying: I will try again tomorrow."
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2008 :  8:10:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wow Ayako! That sounds great! I want to do competitive trail riding some day too!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2008 :  9:51:14 PM  Show Profile
I take a long walk evryday and do Kundalini yoga and 8 minute abs!!!!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2008 :  9:55:40 PM  Show Profile
Heh! Well, I'm in good company, I see. I do yoga, Pilates, and I bellydance and do East Indian dance (this is when I work my dance troupe). Sometimes I run, but not when it's cold! :D

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com

www.pumpkinpatchparlor.etsy.com

And Blogs:

www.bigtownfarmer.blogspot.com

www.queenofcrows.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2008 :  05:10:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Phew! I just did 1 and a half "Shimmy" workouts! My back started to bother me half way through the second so I decided to stop. I can't really afford to mess up my back with a little around and work to go to. But still, in the last 24 hours I have done 2 1/2 workouts which is much more than I was doing before. So hopefully when I get home I will have the energy to do a Namaste Yoga workout to cap off the day. I want to build myself up to where I can workout 1-2 hours a day. Once I get healthy I will probably do only 1 hour, but I have a long way to go before I consider myself "healthy".

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2008 :  06:27:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I work out to an isometric cd made by a man named Chico Caldwell. I do it as many times a week as I can, even though he says 'twice a week is all you need'. He calls it Chicometrics. I also walk a dog or two as many times a week as the weather allows. (not so much for the past two weeks - too much wind and cold!)

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4740 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4740 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2008 :  11:51:12 AM  Show Profile
I do 25 minutes of a Pilates full body mat work out, then 5 thigh exercises & 5 abdominal exercises. It takes about 45 minutes to do all of them. Weather permitting, I try to take a hours walk every day too. I've lost over 10 pounds this winter and 2-3"'s off of my waist, hips and thighs!

Alee, make sure you do plenty of stretches before exercising! The last thing you want to do is throw your back out!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2008 :  11:55:40 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
My new love is Shimmy!!! I like fitness to be fun and different but for losing weight, nothing beats long hikes or running for me. It really is the only way I lose a large amount of weight.
I would like to get into more toning/pilates.

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2008 :  3:00:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Heather- Isn't "Shimmy" the greatest? And I love how not all of the women are "perfect" as in anorexic. They all have great abs, but as they shake their hips, they have little rolls too! Some of those exercise gurus out there are so skinny it's scarey!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Canadian farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Lori
Ontario
Canada
482 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  1:00:12 PM  Show Profile
My workout right now?

Snow shovelling...

Lori
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  1:06:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
LOL! That is very true Lori! Snow shoveling is a great workout! I have been doing that one too, but probably not as much as I should. If I have some time before Doug goes to work, I will go do that workout today as well!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

22shortie
True Blue Farmgirl

329 Posts

rebekah
sulphur la
USA
329 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  2:11:25 PM  Show Profile
I chase a very active, busy two year old around the house ALL day...does that count??? : )

http://pumpkinseed-unscripted.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  2:39:40 PM  Show Profile
I usually walk, but it has been too cold out. Otherwise, I take the stairs and/or park in the back forty in the lot and hike into work.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  2:48:37 PM  Show Profile
I move from my cutting table to my serger to my machine to my ironing board. That's one rep. I guess it's sewrobics.

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  4:31:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
LOL! Oh Sherri! You are a hoot!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  5:33:24 PM  Show Profile
Sherri, that was hilarious.

My workout?? stairs. Stairs and more stairs. Off schedule this week, but back on again tomorrow.

Firefighter Stairclimb March 2nd- Help me help others by donating on my fundraising page. https://www.active.com/donate/17thscottstairclimb/angieriggsby
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  5:53:46 PM  Show Profile
i .. shop .. t'il i drop!

kidding! i don't have an exercise routine .. i know .. i should .. the proverbial and elusive .. SOMEDAY!

i am very ACTIVE .. but i know i need three good carido workouts a week .. that would do us all good .. well .. ALL of us .. if ya'll are doin' it with me!

xo

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:
"GATHERING ROOM" ..
http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. up for adoption:
http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

greentea
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Alicia
Wisconsin
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2008 :  08:55:14 AM  Show Profile  Send greentea an AOL message  Send greentea a Yahoo! Message
We don't get Fit TV(but I'm not above looking into it now that I've heard your description.) I belong to the not-so-local YMCA. They have a new dance/aerobics class. I LOVE IT. Long ago I lived in a downtown, and all the Latin Beat music reminds me of my youth.

I used to be big in Pilates, which I recommend. I do some pilates and yoga moves with my 1.5 YO. I could go into detail if you want to use Nora as resistance.
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2008 :  08:58:59 AM  Show Profile
I work in a building built in 1867, and it has 4 floors. I run up and down to the from the lower level to the 4th floor about 10 times a day--all in all there are about 90 steps. We call it the employee fitness program :)

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2008 :  09:23:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh my gosh, Jonni! Are you all super fit? I bet you have legs and buns of steel! :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2008 :  09:27:09 AM  Show Profile
My legs and bum are pretty good, Alee--tis my abs and my arms that could use a bit of work! Maybe if carried heavier files than I do :)

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2008 :  10:12:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Or carried dumb bells and put the files in a backpack? ;) I can just imagine you in your nice office clothes, strapping on a backpack and running up the stairs with dumbbells! I wonder what the lawyers would think!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  03:28:35 AM  Show Profile
I shovel about a ton of elephant and rhino dookee every day.

I also swim whenever possible and have my own spinner bike at home.

Having a young and very active dog allows us to take mile walks every evening in the woods.

Any wonder why bedtime is 9 p.m.???
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic What workout do you do? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page