True Blue Farmgirl

9324 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9324 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2008 :  3:52:16 PM  Show Profile
Laurie,
The wild yam cream is not the same stuff you eat. But it has progesterone in it which is lost during menopause. They replace estrogen when it is really the progest(er)one that needs replacing. I wrote that way so you all wouldn't confuse it which something out called progestin not the same thing at all. I buy mine from www.wisewomanessentials.com
The cream is applied to the thighs, belly, chest or inner arms. I sometimes put it on my face and neck. Helps woth the hot flashes and night sweats.

Brenda- Yes, forgetfulness is also part of menopause. And it can be very annoying. Just keep writing things down. It helps tremendously.
btw, I started going through all of this at age 38 and I'm 46 now.

T- my doctor kept telling me I was too young when I told her I thought it was perimenopause and now I am done. I never did go back to her for anymore information on menopause. I got more info from people who had been through it at my age than I did my doctor.
P.S. I don't mean to sound like a know-it-all but I have researched a lot on this and I just want to be helpful to others.
Denise
farmgirl sister #43

"Take a lesson from the teakettle, though up to its
neck in hot water...it sings!"

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Aug 22 2008 4:00:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9324 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9324 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2008 :  3:56:17 PM  Show Profile
Kristin,
I meant to add to you that the jitters do sound like menopause symptoms too but until your cycle stops or at least starts to get irregular it is hard to tell. I know for me I was always regular and I thought there was something wrong with me because I would skip or they would be two weeks long or I'd get it every two weeks. I have a girlfriend that kept me sane throughout. Just her reassuring me that it was normal and she had been there helped alot.

Denise
farmgirl sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Homespun Livin
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Brenda
Louisiana
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  06:39:31 AM  Show Profile
Denise,
I clicked the link for *wisewomanessentials* and it says that the site cannot be found and may have moved. Do you have another source for the wild yam cream?

"Love one another."
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  07:10:36 AM  Show Profile
UUGH! the forgetfulness drives me crazy!! I used to pride myself on my memory...now I can't remember from one hour to the next! I have to use notes...I try to write anything important down, especially at work. What's really frustrating is that I used to get that "nagging" feeling if I forgot something, now I don't! I can just go merrily on my way...until something reminds me again!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  07:54:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
http://www.wiseessentials.com/

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Homespun Livin
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Brenda
Louisiana
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  08:22:23 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Alee!!!

"Love one another."
Go to Top of Page

Kris Sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

131 Posts

Kris
Chickamauga Ga.
USA
131 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  06:43:32 AM  Show Profile
I don't know how I missed this topic! It sounds exactly like what I'm going through. I have a hard time focusing, getting anything done, I have to force myself to clean the house. I have been keeping a journal the past several years, just in case I do get alzheimers. I have crazy dreams, too. The other night I dreamed there was this thing that could be put on your head to see if you would have alz. when you got older and it said I would. Very scary dream. So I wonder if others have wild and crazy dreams, too. Also, The erratic periods. I stopped a few years ago from Sept. to March. I was so already ok with it then started back and boy did i make up for all the money I'd saved on not buying Tampax! I think I must have gone through 5 boxes. But now its pretty normal again. I turned 50 a few months ago. I can get VERY moody and just want to be alone. I sometimes just go into a rage if something doesn't go right.

Can't wait to be done with this. I reallt do not want to take any HRT. I would so rather go through this naturally. But i also don't want to go crazy!
Go to Top of Page

Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2008 :  3:15:50 PM  Show Profile
I totally can relate to the nightmares. That is, when I can sleep. I started having an occasional hot flash when I was 35, I am now 50 and still going at it. My mood? Can you say axe murderer???

I'm not able to take hormones, I also have fibromyalgia, and there are days when I guess the best thing to do is just sit and eat chocolate in my jammies!

Jana
Go to Top of Page

Homespun Livin
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Brenda
Louisiana
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2008 :  7:21:33 PM  Show Profile
I don't have the nightmares, but I have also noticed that more of my hair is coming out! I shed more than both of my cats put together. My mom also had some hair loss with her menopause symptoms. She still has quite a bit of hair so at least I know that I won't be bald once I'm on the other side!!

"Love one another."
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2008 :  11:27:29 AM  Show Profile
I guess I've joined this club now...ha. oh joy!let the fun begin..ha.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2008 :  08:14:09 AM  Show Profile
Tina, I think I'm about there too. I'm still fairly regular, a bit late some months, but it's the 'mental' part of it I think I experience more than anything. Like Brenda said I have a hard time concentrating and I've noticed I ask people to repeat things more. Also I let a lot of things 'get under my skin' that used to not bother me. For instance a situation at work today that usually would have made me laugh really upset me. I had to come to my office to calm down. After I listened to some calming music and settled down a bit I realized that I over reacted to the situation. I think at my next check-up I'm going to mention all this to my doctor.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9324 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9324 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2008 :  03:23:04 AM  Show Profile
On the upside, while talking to a friend of mine she assured me that the memory does comes back. YAY!!! I am sort of seeing it again, but it was real frustrating for awhile there. I do have a bit of troubling staying asleep but no more night sweats, and the hot flashes only seem to come at certain times of the month. I haven't had a period for over a year so I am hoping this is the down side of menopause and that it will only get better. My doctor kept telling me I was to young. I happened to see her the other day and she still thinks I'm to young, lol, but couldn't deny it is menopause. My mom was 50 and my sister 44 so for our family 46 is not to young. This all started when I was 38. They say it takes around ten years from the beginning. I figure I must be fine. There are times when the weepyness comes or the edgy days when I am better left alone but they pass too just like pms days did.

Denise
farmgirl sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2008 :  06:22:01 AM  Show Profile
I'm so glad I found this thread! I felt I started around 40 when my cycles started going haywire and I'd get the hot flashes on occasion. But, now, at 45 it has all intensified. I have had insomnia all summer and fall and I was just chalking it up to stress. Until the other day. The past few weeks the hot flashes have gotten out of control, I cry over stupid, insignificant stuff (I've ruined 3 pairs of contacts in as many weeks), bite peoples' heads off (again over stupid stuff), and then I realized I had actually missed my cycle this month. That's when the light bulb went on!

I have been losing some hair but didn't know this had anything to do with it. I have been HORRIBLY forgetful this year (not cool when you forget to pay bills!) and had no idea this was the cause. That part actually makes me feel better because now I know I'm not just getting senile! More sticky notes needed! My mom has been gone since '84 and most women I know have had hysterectomies and are no help. Then, there's Rose, who told me hers just stopped one day and that was it!

I never had PMS and the only time I ever felt like this was when I quit smoking (didn't quit for long). I'm normally a laid back, take it like it is, go with the flow kind of gal and this is soooo not like me. I really don't like me much lately and find myself apologizing to people a lot in the past few weeks. I just want this to be over with and I'm looking at at least another 5 years?! Ugh.

I was taking black cohosh but I ran out in the spring. At the time, I thought I was fine without it and didn't want to spend the money on unnecessary things when money was so tight. I'll be buying a new bottle on my next pay day. That cream is a bit spendy. That'll have to wait a little longer. Thanks for all the info and the link to Wise Essentials. Plowin' thru!

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm

Edited by - lisamarie508 on Oct 25 2008 06:29:26 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Menopause vent... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page