Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Stepping into the next social wrung on the ladder.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Stepping into the next social wrung on the ladder. Next Topic
Page: of 2

La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2008 :  3:12:03 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for your comments Miss Wilma. You are a sweetie.
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2008 :  6:59:45 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
DH is very much a man's man, he can handle himself. He just does not want to have to change, at all. But I don't see it as a change, it is something we can enjoy together. It is a moment, a memory. Just like I go along with doing things he likes to do and support him, this would be the same for me.

Last year, we were invited to a black tie ball ( I was on the committee and I had to go and he knew about this ball for about 2 months), which did require wearing a black tie suit. He insisted he was going to wear jeans. Now usually, I wouldn't care, but this was a special occassion and the requirement were suits and ball gowns. He refused to go with me and I went by myself and had fun. By the end of the night, most of the men had their coats and ties off and sleeves rolled up, just dancing and having fun. DH sat home all night and was mad at me for like 2 days afterward.

I don't ever, ever, ever, ever tell him how to dress...just like he doesn't do to me, but when protocal calls for a certain attire, I don't think it should be too much to ask.

He doesn't like any who "seems" hoity toity to him, but I have learned in life that everyone has a story and it is getting to know them that is the fun part. I grew up in HOITY TOITY and had some great times with some very prestigious people and then I have met some people who I would rather not associate with again who had all the money in the world. I have even been homeless and had friends from all walks of life. The right attitude goes a long way.

DH thinks I do things to be like the hoity toity, but I am just being me. I learned from my judgemental family who thought image and who you knew (status) was everything, I learned I have to be me and some people will like me and some won't for what I have or do not have, so what!! Example- I want to golf. I did a little when I was teenager and I dated someone who just happened to have a second job at a golf course. I used to have so much fun and I got to know some of the girls who were learning to become professional golfers. DH just rolls his eyes when I stop in the sporting store to look at golf clubs. (I like the clothing too... ; ) )

Oh,,,,I don't know anymore...it is just hard, that is all...and I can't find the compromise...

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Lizabeth
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Washington
560 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2008 :  7:23:15 PM  Show Profile
I'd encourage you to set aside one or two days a month that are your DH's days. Plan on a day trip, a movie, some activity you both like doing and you can be your truest cowgirl self. that is who he fell in love with and will reassure him that even though you may be a corporate woman now, you aren't leaving him in the dust.
None of the new opportunities you are experiencing are worth losing someone dear to you.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Stepping into the next social wrung on the ladder. Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page