Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Crochet with fun fur
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Crochet with fun fur Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  9:29:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am loving this new scarf I am making. I am a bit scarf- crazy right now as I am knitting one and just started crocheting one while on the phone with a fellow farmgirl! :D I am using a pretty big hook, so it is very open work and webby which I think is fun with the fun fur yarn. My only gripe is that it is so lacey that I can hardly see which loop to hook into next.

Speaking of fun fur, my local dollar store has it on sale for a dollar! I need to get back there and buy them out of their stock! :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com

peggysue
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Peggy
Tulsa Oklahoma
267 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  01:13:52 AM  Show Profile
i have crocheted with fun fur, and i agree, it is hard to see which loop is which.. i don't use it much now other than to add a fancy trim to something.

visit me at my blog
mousiesmom.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  03:07:29 AM  Show Profile
There are quite a lot of different fun furs out there are some are easier to work with than others. I love the 'eye-lash' yarns but find them hard to work with because the eye-lashes are so long!! (wish my own were!)If you drop your hook size down just a tad, you might find it a bit easier.
Have fun!
Angie.

"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2
Go to Top of Page

tribalcime
True Blue Farmgirl

2963 Posts

lisa
lexington ky
USA
2963 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  03:37:16 AM  Show Profile
I use alot fo fun fur and found out if i use a thin yarn of some sort along with it --crochet it as a 2 strand --it works pretty well. I love the ones dollar tree has. Sometimes micheals will some in the summer for dollar each.

LIfe is a witch ~~~ and then ya fly !! My blogspot .http://tribalwitch.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Crochet with fun fur Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page