Author Weather Report: Previous Topic Rain/Snow Likely - Yippee!! Next Topic  

jenbove

320 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
320 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  7:26:21 PM  Show Profile
Tonight & tomorrow! Wish me snow, girls - I can't face spring without at least a few flakes!! New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible tomorrow...

Did you know?
The National Weather Service website is a wonderful resource for trip planning, etc. You can type in your location, and you get the forecast, radar images, and weather warnings from the weather station closest to you. Check it out!

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/

Jen

GOT A "WILD HAIR"?
COME VISIT MARYJANE'S OUTPOST!

www.maryjanesoutpost.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member # 9

My Blog: The View From My Boots
www.bovesboots.blogspot.com

peggysue
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Peggy
Tulsa Oklahoma
267 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  01:18:09 AM  Show Profile
here in tulsa, we are under a winter storm warning, and it is raining as i type. i don't mind the snow, it's the ice that i don't like. this nasty weather will give me time to list some stuff on ebay, and get my bedroom rearranged to make room for the sewing table, so i can use the sewing machine my roomie brought home for me tonight. i can finally drag all those patterns out and sew to my hearts content.

visit me at my blog
mousiesmom.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  08:57:33 AM  Show Profile
Jen I saw that Calico Rock Schools were cancelled on the news this morning! We are getting snow and rain right now and school is letting out early!!!! YEAH!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

jenbove

320 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
320 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  1:29:16 PM  Show Profile
Ha! It DID happen - one blessed snow day in Arkansas!! Chris stayed home from work, and we planned on keeping Rita (our 1st grader) home regardless of school closing, but then we found out it was legit anyway. We've already been out exploring once, and we're off to the woods again. Have fun too, Julie!!

Jen

GOT A "WILD HAIR"?
COME VISIT MARYJANE'S OUTPOST!

www.maryjanesoutpost.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member # 9

My Blog: The View From My Boots
www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  5:38:17 PM  Show Profile
Jen, we got out at 11:30. We came home and had pancakes, bacon and sausage for lunch and I made "real" hot cocoa on the stove. Our next door neighbor goes to the school where we teach and was locked out of his house until his grandpa got home so he came over and played video games with Richie while I sewed on some projects. I also got out my seed catalogs, planned my garden and made a list so I can place my order soon! Regardless of wether we get tomorrow off the few extra hours we had today were really great!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4739 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4739 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2008 :  07:58:20 AM  Show Profile
Jennifer, you are more then welcome to have our snow! We got 12 inches in the past 12 hours! It is quite beautiful outside, but I think it would have been just as lovely with only half of what we got! This is our first snow day here this winter. We don't get snow days unless we get around a foot of snow at one time or when we have super below zero weather (school buses won't start).

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Rain/Snow Likely - Yippee!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page