Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 New old chihuahua with breast cancer ANNABELLE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic New old chihuahua with breast cancer ANNABELLE Next Topic  

Georgia Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

212 Posts

Denise
Atlanta GA
USA
212 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  3:55:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Georgia Girl an AOL message
Yesterday, I went to the local animal control to pull some cats through the cat shelter. While there, Hannah saw a little chi scared and alone in the back corner of a poop and urine filled metal cage. She was shaking and scared. I couldn't leave her there like that. I picked her up and she was smelly and sticky and gross. We put her in a carrier until we could get her back to work to let the vets check her out. She tested negative for heartworms, no fleas, has a breast tumor about the size of a quarter. She has obviously been a breeder dog and treated very badly. I get so angry with people that use dogs just to make money. They are to be loved and cherished, not provide income for us! She looks like she probably had puppies every time she came into heat. Friday, we are removing the tumor and spaying her. The doctor thinks she is probably only about 5-6. She is a beautiful chocolate and white 5 lb. baby that just wants to be loved. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Please also pray that we can raise the funds for her surgery, meds, and holistic treatment.

~Denise~
Proud Farmgirl Sister #113

http://mybigcityfarm.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Georgia Girl on Jan 31 2008 6:35:32 PM

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  4:46:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Poor baby!! Keep us updated

Mama to 2
I am who I am
FarmGirl# 20

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  6:42:03 PM  Show Profile
I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers. I just lost one of my beloved dogs last fall to breast cancer, so I hope the treatment is successful for her.
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  9:55:46 PM  Show Profile
Oh geez, Denise, don't get me started. When Im not an artist or working on the magazine, I work as a vet tech and trainer to pay the bills. I'm always mortified by the rescue situations we see. Alot of them are rescues from PA puppy mills. I cannot believe puppies come into the world, by the way the parents are treated. Honestly, it makes me scared, knowing that such people who would be so callous, walk amongst us.

This little dog, and so many others are in my thoughts.

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com

www.pumpkinpatchparlor.etsy.com

And Blogs:

www.bigtownfarmer.blogspot.com

www.queenofcrows.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  11:21:47 PM  Show Profile
Denise, PLEASE blue light that poor dog! Get everyone you know to do it. Also, she needs a name. And, of course, I know you're spaying her. Eliminating puppy mills is a strong passion of mine. It starts with the people who buy from them. If nobody bought their dogs, they would go out of business. Education is the key. The public needs to be educated about this. I can't tell you how many clients I've had who had puppies they later admitted to me they got from a backyard breeder. They were upset because the dog, now an adult, has started snapping at them, going after the other pets, etc. "he doesn't do it all the time but I never know when he'll turn on me." That's what happens when dogs are in-bred. They end up with "wires crossed" in their brains. The dogs themselves don't even know they're doing these things. And the incidences are increasing all the time. I can't stress enough: do not buy a dog from a pet shop or from a backyard breeder or puppy mill! If you must have a pure bred dog, buy from a reputable breeder (yes it costs more, but the consequences are worth it). Best yet, adopt from a shelter.

I'm getting off my soapbox now.

Patricia

Proud Farmgirl Sister #19
Rusty Chicks Chapter

check out my etsy site http://ThePlayfulFarmgirl.etsy.com

Today I choose faith not fear.
Go to Top of Page

peggysue
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Peggy
Tulsa Oklahoma
267 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  01:03:50 AM  Show Profile
she is so blessed that you found her. i agree with Patricia, blue lighting has done wonders for my little mousie.. he is getting better every day since his stroke. give her puppy kisses from mousie and i

visit me at my blog
mousiesmom.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

doublebow
Farmgirl in Training

37 Posts

michelle
springtown tx
37 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  06:37:08 AM  Show Profile
So glad you rescued her! Poor little thing!
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  10:02:55 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, thank you for mentioning your success with the blue light. I wish I could get everybody to use it. God gave us all these things for our benefit. Please continue to use it on your little Mousie. I'm so glad to hear he's better. And those kisses don't hurt either.

Patricia

Rusty Chicks Chapter

Go to Top of Page

Georgia Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

212 Posts

Denise
Atlanta GA
USA
212 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  6:31:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Georgia Girl an AOL message
Blue light? What is that?

Her name is now AnnaBelle. It suits her and she already answers to it.

Our surgery is tomorrow. Today we sent out a full blood panel on her so I am praying it comes back alright. Her surgery is tomorrow at 11 EST. Please be praying for her at that time (and before and after).

Thanks y'all! I will update tomorrow night

~Denise~

Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  11:22:35 PM  Show Profile
Denise, it is a basic law of physics that everything in the universe is made up of vibrtions vibrating according to their own density. What this means is everything is made up of vibrations, you and me included.

Various vibrations hve a color associated with them. The vibration of the vibration of peace and healing is blue, which is why you see blue a lot in hospitals and jails where they want people to be quiet. You see it around the blessed mother.

You can use the vibration of healing through the color blue to help your pets or people. Simply visualize the pet or person and surround him with blue light. See it go through him, around him and in him. At the same time, give thanks for his abundant good health. If there is a problem spot, zero that light into it.

Do this for as long as your intuition tells you to. Do it often. If you can get other people to join you, even better because it is cumulative. Do it often.

As I've said, I've seen real miracles happen.

Good luck!

Patricia

Rusty Chicks Chapter

Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2008 :  03:32:12 AM  Show Profile
Wean her off any dry food that has carbohydrates and start her on a carbo-free maybe raw BARF diet

Do the research and you'll see what I mean

Carbos FEED cancer cells
Go to Top of Page

Georgia Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

212 Posts

Denise
Atlanta GA
USA
212 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2008 :  1:37:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Georgia Girl an AOL message
I have her on Innova EVO, cottage cheese, flax and fish oil. I feed EVO anyway so that wasn't a problem. I am going to set up an appointment as soon as we get back her biopsy report with a holistic nutritionist

~Denise~

Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2008 :  12:47:12 PM  Show Profile
Denise you are such a sweetheart to have found little Annabelle! You are a good Mommy to her and it is so nice someone is taking care of her! Please keep us posted on her recovery from her surgery. Bless your heart!

Hugs, Maryjane Lee
Farmgirl Sister #44

The Beehive Cottage~est. 1971
Sisters on the Fly #595
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic New old chihuahua with breast cancer ANNABELLE Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page