Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Not necessarily a Farm but a Garden
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Not necessarily a Farm but a Garden Next Topic  

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  7:27:37 PM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
My own slice of heaven! My friend and I worked out the details for me having a garden on his property. Its about 20 minutes away. He'll till it for me and I do the rest. I've been ordering free catalogs all day and went to the library to find anything remotely connected. My mom has been sending me emails for all my questions, I already have a folder full. Any hints or tips are greatly appreciated.

I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by. ~anon

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  10:36:11 PM  Show Profile

Ooh Sherri! That is wonderful! Can I talk your friend into utilizing some garden space, too? :)

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com

www.pumpkinpatchparlor.etsy.com

And Blogs:

www.bigtownfarmer.blogspot.com

www.queenofcrows.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  06:39:48 AM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
Well, Zan, he's the one that nicknamed me "chicken necker" and even calls me a tree hugger! He's a "good ole Southerner". I've visited your blog and magazine online and Love It! But, although he's generous to a fault, I think our combined "hippiness" and funky hair just might do him in!!
PS: Read your job post also. Being OCD myself, I think you can do it!
Good Luck on whatever you choose!

I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by. ~anon
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  06:43:34 AM  Show Profile
Congrats, Sherry! Good luck with the garden! You may want to try heirlooms, as you can save the seed and plant them again next year! I biggest recommendation is grow what you love to eat!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  08:13:33 AM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
Julie, That's a great idea! I've been looking at some already, but didn't know that. I'm trying to be as frugal as I can be to make the most out of the venture.Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  12:27:48 PM  Show Profile
Sherri...woohoo, hippy-ness galore! You are a person after my own heart but, yes, we may scare this poor friend of yours! :D

Thank you for the kind compliments! Still waiting on word of the job :)

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com

www.pumpkinpatchparlor.etsy.com

And Blogs:

www.bigtownfarmer.blogspot.com

www.queenofcrows.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  1:31:13 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Oh that's wonderful Sherry!! I would love to do something like that when I have land. I would like to invite people to have a small garden of their own on my land. I think that would be great!!

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2008 :  6:36:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
I'm so happy for ya girl! Maybe you'll invite me down to see it one day! Only a hop, skip, and a jump away from ya!

"A friend is someone who does things that count, but never stops to count them"

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  05:25:48 AM  Show Profile
Sherry that is great! You could check around for families with young children or homeschooling families......They would love to come out and help hoe, dig, and weed. It's that kind of hands on experiences that people are looking for.

Have Fun!!
Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  09:37:18 AM  Show Profile
How fun! Doesn't matter where you have a garden as long as you have one. Mine will be on a patio this year. Since I'm on the north side of the building I will be doing shade gardening - my favorite kind! But I have a friend who has 5 acres and I'll be planting veggies and flowers at her house.

My Etsy Shop http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

I'm A Rusty Chick!!!
PROUD FARMGIRL SISTER #100
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Not necessarily a Farm but a Garden Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page