Carolinagirl
True Blue Farmgirl

486 Posts

Kim
Rutherfordton NC
USA
486 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  06:30:51 AM  Show Profile
I need help from someone who knows about face cream (cold cream). My skin is terribly dry right now- scaly dry. I use Dove normally, with no problems. (I've tried all different kinds of cleansers, including handmade soaps- nothing works on my dry skin).Anyway, I've switched to face cream as a cleanser to try to combat this problem.

I'm used to cleansing my face (with Dove) in the evenings, followed by lotion, and then just rinsing with water in the morning followed by lotion. Should I do the same thing with the face cream (just rinsing in the morning)? Using the face cream last night made a world of difference...

I hope someone's mom used this stuff and can help me...

Thanks-
Kim

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  09:53:57 AM  Show Profile
Hey, Kim! I think this time of year wreaks havoc with lots of people's skin with the cold weather and winds. The more water you force yourself to drink the better off you will be. And I have discovered washing my face at night with pure olive oil soap, the real deal, and it works well. Also, try washing your face with mild cleanser and warm water, pat it dry and then smear honey all over your face. Have your hair up in a towel, naturally, and put a towel on your pillow and go lie down for 20 minutes or so. Afterwards when you go to the sink to rinse it off with warm water you will notice that alot of the honey has sunk into your face. It really makes my skin feel moist and gives my cheeks a rosy glow, too. Best of luck, and spring is on the way, thankfully! Hugs, Nance
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  10:55:44 AM  Show Profile
When you say cold cream, do you mean like Noxema? I use Noxema every day in the wintertime to wash my face with because the Proactive I use during the spring/summer/fall is too drying when the weather turns cold. I rub it on, let it sit for a minute or two, then rinse it off. I don't need moisturizer after that (but I have normally oily skin anyway).
Go to Top of Page

Carolinagirl
True Blue Farmgirl

486 Posts

Kim
Rutherfordton NC
USA
486 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  10:59:57 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the suggestions, Nancy...

Jessie, what I am using is akin to ponds cold cream... it's the texture of lotion and you smear it on and then wipe it off with a tissue. Noxema tears my skin up (and I can't stand it because my mom used to make me put it on my lips in the winter- SO not nice to lips!).

Kim
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  10:02:12 AM  Show Profile
I don't use any face cream, but I do use Natures Life Lavender & Aloe It is wonderful!
It soothes and moisturizes. I am on my 3rd bottle.
It is pretty much all I use. I use it in the morning and at night.
Sometimes I use powder or foundation if I feel really {blah}

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic cold/face cream Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page