Author Weather Report: Previous Topic Canadian weather Next Topic  

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  7:30:18 PM  Show Profile
Well it is colder then .... minus 38C here.

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  7:36:17 PM  Show Profile
Brrrr.....What would that be Farenheit? Where in Canada are you? My sis is in Kelowna B.C. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  7:44:26 PM  Show Profile
That is somewhere close in Farenheit it is -15 in Kelowna Here is link to Canadian weather http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/cancitiesbc_en I never learned metrics yet but we have an artic cold front going through.

I am in northern B.c she is in southern

Edited by - cinnamongirl on Jan 28 2008 7:45:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

sweetproserpina
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

meg
Vinemount Ontario
Canada
535 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  8:34:25 PM  Show Profile
Brrr! I hear it's freezing out west. Hope you stay warm up there Carrie. We had some cold weather here last week, down to -30C with the windchill, that's pretty darn cold especially when I've been used to the balmy lower mainland =;-) but at least it's sunny. My dad's out in Calgary, he works in construction and almost got frostbite a couple weeks ago from working outside, eek!

"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world."
http://theprimroseway.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4739 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4739 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  1:09:25 PM  Show Profile
Please, oh please keep it up there! We are just recovering from our last arctic blast that Canada decided to send our way! We hit 51 here today, but it is going down to 19 tomorrow. I've got my fingers crossed that this will be one of our last super cold days.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  5:27:42 PM  Show Profile
It is -15 here in Minnesota, with -45 windchills expected tonight. That is farenheit degrees. I am cold INSIDE the house. LOL. It was 43 here on Sunday. What a difference!
Dawn, it is probably heading your way.
Everyone stay warm!

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

Canadian farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Lori
Ontario
Canada
482 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  07:09:47 AM  Show Profile
Well, looks like we're getting the weather out west today! It's moved eastward, and today the kids got another snow day (#6 now) because of a flash freeze overnight. Yesterday it was balmy and raining, now today it's wind warnings, blowing snow warnings, flash freeze warnings, etc. It's howling windy, with power outages, and snow expected later. Better batten down the hatches...

I laugh about the Canadian cold, because in the winter, the folks down south get "another blast of cold Arctic air coming down from Canada..." but in the summer, a heat wave will be broken by "a refreshing cool Canadian breeze."

Funny how the season puts a different slant on things!

Lori
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4739 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4739 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  07:26:03 AM  Show Profile
Kate, unfortunately you were right about it heading my way. It's here. Darn thing showed up last night around dinner time. We have a beautiful sunny -22 here with the wind chill. Takes all the fun out of winter for me.

Lori, how true about us folks south of the border hoping for that cool Canadian breeze in the summer and dreading the arctic blasts that come from there in the winter! What can I say, were a fickle bunch!

Dawn in Il
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  2:16:17 PM  Show Profile
Sorry Dawn.

Over 100 schools either called the day off or two hours late today, my district included.

It is a balmy 0 with 20 below windchills.
The nasty high winds we experienced last night doesn't last long, it was gone by 8 this morning.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Canadian weather Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page