True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2008 :  08:19:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Today, ladies, you are my conscience.

I have decided to dedicate this day to cleaning and purifying my home as it is starting to reach critical mass. I would take pictures but:
a. my camera is out of batteries
and
b. it would scare you. Trust me on this.

SOOO... I am going to set the timer for 60 minutes and then allow myself a 15 minute break. I will check in each break time and let you know what I got done.

I have the whole house to do, so right now I am working on Laundry.
Please check in and keep me on track!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2008 :  08:51:23 AM  Show Profile
Go for cutie-pie!!!! I'm an OCDer And I love to clean and organize-I KNOW I'M sick and twisted!! Light some scented candles and put on your dancin music and have fun!!!!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2008 :  09:21:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
You know what Alee when I get in my house I will be trying to do this once a week. I hate clutter, but I do have a bit of it too. Goodluck!!

Mama to 2
I am who I am
FarmGirl# 20

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2008 :  09:44:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well I reduced the laundry backlog in the laundry room by about half, and I got A LOT of garbag sorted out, including clothes that just weren't looking fit to wear anymore.

Then Nora found my chinese painting kit and decided to munch on some color cubes, so I had to rescue her from that, and now she is putting herself to sleep. So I am going to skip this 15 minute break and go outside and shovel snow until I just can't do it anymore, because it is coming down so fast. We are supposed to get 6-8 inches!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2008 :  10:41:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Okay, so I shoveled the snow/ice mixture off my sidewalks. This is a very heavy snow. Heavy as in it is coming down fast and there is a lot of volume coming down, but also heavy as in that it is carrying a lot of water.

Some snow is dry and powdery, and some is heavy and practically drips water as you shovel it. This is the almost-dripping kind.

Did you know water is heavy? Really heavy. So I got a good work out. I can deadlift about 60 pounds and having just barely enough snow on the shovel to cover the blade was straining my abilities to lift. That is amazing to me.

So afterwards I played with Sky-dog a bit to get some more exercise. The snow is up past Sky's belly in the backyard now so it is a real workout for her. I also started to build a snow fort. It think it would be fun to have a honest to goodness igloo in our backyard! hehehe. So every hour while the snow falls, I am going to go out and shovel the accumulation, play kick ball with Sky since she has been pretty much left to her own amusement for the last 10 months (hmmm I wonder why?) and add a few layers to my igloo. Then I will come back in and report back before heading back to work.

I am going to continue on my laundry extravaganza, clean and polish up the laundry room and then move to the bathroom. My big goal for the day is to get Nora's room extremely baby-proofed and then create a floor bed for her instead of using the crib. I always worry that she is going to climb out some night and break her arm.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2008 :  11:48:41 AM  Show Profile
OK Alee, I have a challenge for you.. I will post a pic of my DREADFUL desk area, if you(& other farmgirls who may want to join in)post a pic of your worst area. Then we will repost a pic when it is straightened up.
I figure the humiliation of showing others our worst area will be incentive to clean up..
Any takers??
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2008 :  12:51:41 PM  Show Profile
OK, Alee, when you get done with yours, you can start on mine.

love,
Patricia

Proud Farmgirl Sister #19
Rusty Chicks Chapter

check out my etsy site http://ThePlayfulFarmgirl.etsy.com

Today I choose faith not fear.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2008 :  12:56:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sounds good.

In the midst of my cleaning frenzy I decided to reboot my computer. Big mistake. Now my laptop is not functioning and I am having to format/reinstall everything. *le sigh* I am using Hubby's computer for the time being.

I am caught up on folding clean laundry. Now I am continuing to wash more and hang up my hangables.

I also have shoveled my sidewalks 3 times (it's snowing that much) and my snow fort is up to 2 feet high :D So I am having a nice active day... Now back to cleaning and re-arranging!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2008 :  2:59:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Okay, so I have been working on laundry and getting my computer back online. I just scraped the sidewalks again. With this heavy of a snow, I daren't let it build up too much. Luckily the ice sheet that was under the snow is starting to scrape up as well. It is pretty warm outside.

Anyway- I am now to the stage where I am collecting clothes from around the house. Doug especially likes to leave his clothes in the office and the bedroom- okay so I am not any better! LOL

I want Nora to go to bed so I can do some more involved cleaning. But until then, once the laundry is 100% caught up, I will tackle the kitchen instead of the bathroom.

No progress on the Igloo- Nora being up makes it so I have to stay inside except for quick jaunts outside to shovel snow.

I love throwing the windows open on days like this and really getting some fresh new air into the house! Begone nasty toxic air- welcome fresh new snowy air!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  11:35:51 AM  Show Profile
Minus the snow, I've been on a mad cleaning rush around here too since yesterday. I decided to get a wild hair and rent a carpet cleaner last night. I got the living room done last night and then today I got the office and two bedrooms. I got the laundry room spiffied up and all sparkling clean. Tonight I'm going to work on the kitchen after I get everything back in the rooms.

Goodness...we have the same deal with laundry. I need to get into a pattern so it doesn't all pile up at one time.

Good luck Alee with your cleaning!! I'm back to work on mine.

~Jessica in Kentucky & Miss Wilma's Niece~
Gardening is a way of showing that you believe in tomorrow...
http://bluegrassprincess.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic You are my conscience Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page