CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  7:19:44 PM  Show Profile
well, here's the info gurlfrenz .. on the play 'about' LINCOLN from the viewpoint of one of his law-partners .. who was born in Green County, Kentucky!

If you plan to join us for this fun three-day weekend .. you will have to make your reservations by calling the number listed. We will be doing the 'whole package' $25. for the TOUR -- RECEPTION --PLAY. (i believe it is a 'dress-up' affair .. sooo .. bring your prettiest duds!) Make your reservations for FRIDAY's performance.

We will be spending part of the day in town on Friday .. then come home to get 'gussied up' .. and head back to town by 5:00 p.m. (SLOW TIME).

Treat yourself .. it will truly be worth every penny!

Call Greensburg City Hall at 270-932-4298 or click here to

“One Man’s Lincoln”
Friday and Saturday
February 15 and 16, 2008 in Greensburg, Kentucky

Greensburg will join the 200th Anniversary Celebration of Abraham Lincoln’s birth with the Kentucky Repertory Theatre’s production of “One Man’s Lincoln”. This one-man touring production by Wade Hall about Abraham Lincoln is from the viewpoint of his law partner, William Herndon, Springfield, Illinois.

Billy Herndon, portrayed by Larry Snead, presents a spellbinding monologue of the“evidence” on Lincoln as if he were in court, speaking from the law offices the two men shared before Lincoln was elected president. Outspoken and controversial, he attempts to decipher Lincoln’s greatness and complexity, while offering a compelling look at his humanity.

The play will be held in the Greensburg Presbyterian Church, which is part of the Historic District and Renaissance on Main Program.

Two performances—three ticket packages -

Ticket A—$25.00 per person— tour, reception and play
Ticket B—$10.00 per person—play only
Ticket C—$5.00 per student—play only

Ticket A—meet at the Old Courthouse to begin 5:00 p.m. tour
Tickets B and C—meet at the Greensburg Presbyterian Church for the 6:30 p.m. performance.

Friday and Saturday, February 15 and 16, 2008
5:00 p.m. Downtown Historic District Tour
5:45 p.m. Reception in Old Courthouse
6:30 p.m. Play—Greensburg Presbyterian Church

Click Here For Map

One Man’s Lincoln is sponsored by the Kentucky Humanities Council through the Kentucky Repertory Theatre and is an official activity of the Kentucky Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Commission.

The City Greensburg, Greensburg Arts Council, Greensburg Historical Society and Greensburg Presbyterian Church are hosting the performances in Greensburg at the Greensburg Presbyterian Church with generous donations by the Kentucky Arts Council, Kentucky Utilities and Kentucky Humanities Council.

Call Greensburg City Hall at 270-932-4298 to make your reservations.

OUR ITINERARY IS SOMEWHAT LIKE THIS:

Friday morning .. February 15 .. arrive at Freedom Valley Farm by about 10:00 a.m. SLOW TIME .. that will be 11:00 a.m. EASTERN!!

We'll 'meet and greet' .. put down our suitcases .. and head for Greensburg by 11:00 a.m. (all times will be CENTRAL). We'll do a little touring of our town .. some shoppin' .. and lunch at Lucy Tuckers. (i will need to know DEFINITELY if you are coming so i can make a RESERVATION for us all!)

After our 'spin about town' -- we'll come back to Freedom Valley (we are about 12 miles from town) .. get gussied up .. grab some 'sammies' for DINNER .. that's all we'll have time for! I'll TRY to conjure up some soup too!!!

We have to be back in town by 5:00 p.m. For the Tour/Reception and Play.

REMEMBER .. YOUR RESERVATIONS HAVE TO BE MADE IN ADVANCE AND AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TO ASSURE A 'SPOT' FOR YOU!

After the play, we'll come back to the 'farm' for gossip, giggling and nibbling on whatever we can scavenge!

SATURDAY MORNING (February 16) .. we'll get up .. have breakfast here .. then head for a really fun day in BARDSTOWN, Kentucky .. we'll, of course, visit SUGARBUCKETS .. and other town shoppes .. there are some wonderful MUSEUMS we can visit .. we'll have both lunch and dinner in Bardstown.

THEN .. back to the farm!

SUNDAY MORNING, (FEBRUARY 17).. we'll have breakfast .. maybe take a walk in the woods if it isn't FRIZZING .. and i'll make some 'kits' for some fun 'sewies' for us all to sit and create!

NOONISH .. we'll do 'farewell hugs' .. and until-we-meet-again-kisses!

REMEMBER .. YOU MUST MUST MUST MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS TO ATTEND FRIDAY NIGHT'S FESTIVITIES .. CUZ' THAT IS THE 'MAIN EVENT' FOR OUR GATHERING.

OH .. AND BE SURE TO CALL OR E-MAIL ME AFTER YOUR RESERVATION IS 'SET IN STONE'. XO, FRANNIE

WE WILL HAVE GRANDE FUN!

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:
"GATHERING ROOM" ..
http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. up for adoption:
http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Across the Fence: Previous Topic Green County, KY GATHERING Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic