Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Using up Miss Wilma's Lace;) Ideas...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Using up Miss Wilma's Lace;) Ideas... Next Topic  

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  10:48:32 AM  Show Profile

This morning I used some of the lace trim from Wilma to fancy up some of Bella's pants. I love them so much because a friend hand dyed and made the pants! I suppose I will need to take the lace off for Jack but that is a few years off so they will be girly for now;)
Later I will use some of the wider lace to make a few pairs of her pants longer, so we can get through the winter with them...she grows so fast this is a fun way to make do.

www.bebebella.etsy.com

As a woman I have no country. As a woman, my country is the whole world.

Virginia Woolf

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  10:52:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
My favorite pair of jeans when I was a kid was a pair that had lace cuffs. You know- I think I might just go embellish a pair of jeans tonight!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog:
http://FarmgirlAlee.blogspot.com" target="_blank"> http://FarmgirlAlee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  8:21:05 PM  Show Profile
C'mon girls- what else should I do with it? I have so much beautiful lace and I want to cover everything with it;)What would you do?
Rebekka

www.bebebella.etsy.com

Virginia Woolf
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  8:38:27 PM  Show Profile
Oh my Rebekka there are so many possibilities I will name a few towels,sheets, on the bottom of skirts, on cuffs. trim on pinkeepers,crazy quilt squares,and joining hankies for a quilt. I could dream up so many more but I say next.
Go to Top of Page

tziporra
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Robin
Seattle WA
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  9:05:50 PM  Show Profile
Pillowcases!!!!

Lingerie!!!! Especially lingerie it doesn't quite match, through the whole thing in a dye bath and get dyed-to-match lace! This month's threads had a lovely article about lingerie and applying lace.

Placemats and tablecloths, I love linens.

For lace with big motifs you can snip out motifs and applique them on napkins, etc. to match your tablecloths. I like the cut-out look behind lace applique.

I make hats for my daughter, and she loves them with lots of trimming. We must use acres of lace there! I also like to make her bloomers to wear under dresses (lasts longer than tights) and I trim those with a little lace as well.

Fabic stiffeners applied to lace allow for fun shapes -- I've seen lovely lace "hats" for dolls and posy carriers for sachets. Or just make beautifully trimmed sachets as gifts!

Have fun!

Robin
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  9:29:57 PM  Show Profile
you can embroider yourself some little country themed squares, then create pillows for your couch and trim them with the lace.what I picture is an inset area of embroidered work edged with the lace, then around that a nice gingham fabric.
------------------
You can also take old family photos of youir ancestors and put them in a large frame and sort of make an assemblage with lace, buttons and ribbon and little scraps of written memories that have been passed down..for a lovely family heirloom.
----------
you can edge some kitchen or bathroom valances or curtains with the lace.
-------------------
You can even simply drape a piece of lace across a valance and at intervals across the curtain "pin" it into a swag style with clothespins for a cute country touch.
-------------------------
Add lace to sock cuffs for a pretty ..girly sock.
---------------
Create hairbows with gathered lace "rosettes" attached to barrettes.
-------------------
Create lace rosettes and add to denim handbags, or tote bags.
or to denim jackets
--------------------
Create a book cover for a scrapbook/or photo album out of cloth and embellish with lace.
--------------------
The lace can also be hot glued to the edge of terra cotta plant pots for a nice touch to potted plants.
------------------
It can also be glued to old plain wooden picture frames to gussy them up.
-----------------
Velvet and lace combined make for lovely toss pillows too.
-----------------
Sheew..o.k. those are all off the top of my head in less than 3 minutes time..sheew..brain overload...ha.
Enjoy! Have fun!

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  07:53:51 AM  Show Profile
WOW- I am so inspired!!! Thanks girls- Robin, how do you make hats, this sounds fabulous;)

www.bebebella.etsy.com

Virginia Woolf
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Using up Miss Wilma's Lace;) Ideas... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page