New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Ice, Ice Baby Next Topic  

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  06:48:40 AM  Show Profile
(No, not another baby post from me. It's a song. Anybody remember that song?)

Well, they are predicting an ice storm around here. I'll take winter weather in ANY form! Sleet, snow, freezing rain. (Did I mention snow??) That reminds me of another song, "It's gonna snow right here in Dixie..."

Any one enjoying winter weather today?? What kind? Snow, sleet?
Share pictures if you have 'em.

Peanut
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jennifer
Waverly Virginia
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  06:59:52 AM  Show Profile
Word to your mother...

I wish I had winter weather!! It flurried for 15 minutes yesterday and I felt just like a little kid wishing for a foot or more. :)

"What is a farm but a mute gospel?"
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  07:19:49 AM  Show Profile
You are hilarious, Jennifer!
And, yes, me too. I'm totally 8 years old when it comes to snow. Or ICE for that matter!
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

777 Posts

Lea
TN
777 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  08:03:40 AM  Show Profile
We are sunshiny & cold today ... but the sun streaming through the windows just sends me soaring! I love it! Tomorrow, however, we ARE expecting snow here in Dixie. The children are already planning their day around it. And I have the camera all ready too ....

Blessings, Lea
www.farmhouseblessings.blogspot.com
www.farmhouseblessings.etsy.com

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  08:22:20 AM  Show Profile
Stop! Collaborate and listen Ice is back with brand new invention! Something grabs a hold of me tightly flow like a harpoon daily and nightly. Will it stop? Yo I don't know Turn off the lights and I'll glow to the extreme I rock the mic like a vandal light up the stage and watch me jump like a candle. Vanilla Ice Ice Ice Baby Too cold too cold!

YEAH I remember the song!!!!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  08:24:24 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness, I saw those three words and now I'm bopping my head to that song. One of the weather guys sang it a while back when we were going through an ice storm. I really would love to have a big snow here. They are saying it is going to be a lot colder this weekend here. Brrrrr....hopefully we won't see any penguins walking around here.

~Jessica in Kentucky & Miss Wilma's Niece~
Gardening is a way of showing that you believe in tomorrow...
http://bluegrassprincess.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  08:24:40 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
hahahah Good one! I also love the original background from David Bowie and Queen "under pressure"!!!! :)

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."
http://liggygirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggygirlslonggreen.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  08:27:10 AM  Show Profile
Oh the talent here! You guys are making me smile BIG TIME this morning!
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  09:00:35 AM  Show Profile
ok i am doe with winter cause its freezing here. gonna go curl up in my bed to get warm

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  09:05:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
ROFL! Oh my gosh! I haven't thought of that song in years!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog:
http://FarmgirlAlee.blogspot.com" target="_blank"> http://FarmgirlAlee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  09:28:40 AM  Show Profile
I don't think that the "wintry mix" that is being predicted is going to reach here. (Just south of Atlanta.) My family is hoping that it will. The pantry is well-stocked with all sorts of Snow Day snacks just in case though. So, no rushing to the grocery store to battle against everyone trying to get all of the bread and milk before the big event. Which, again, will probably not happen.
Rebekah- You have a much better chance of actually seeing snow or sleet.

I take back everything I said earlier. It has been snowing for the past hour. Oh, the pantry is still stocked.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com

Edited by - Mumof3 on Jan 16 2008 2:01:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

lovelady
True Blue Farmgirl

533 Posts

Toni
Indiana
USA
533 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  11:01:41 AM  Show Profile
Alright, I read this post early this morning and ever since then Vanilla Ice has hijacked my brain! I have been singing it out loud while cleaning the house and my son looks at me soooo silly.

Here in west-central Indiana it is cold and I think we are supposed to get an inch of snow, but nothing too exciting. I either like a lot of snow, or none. For some reason if it has snowed and I can still see grass I just get annoyed. ;)
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  2:16:30 PM  Show Profile
Oh, how funny...All of us farmgirls all over are singing Vanilla Ice today. Shhh...don't tell anyone, but Lucas (my hubby) knows all the words and even does Vanilla's dance to it! Can you picture that?? Too funny.

Yay for the snow!! Karin, you aren't driving around all those hills in the snow I hope.

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Carolinagirl
True Blue Farmgirl

486 Posts

Kim
Rutherfordton NC
USA
486 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  2:26:25 PM  Show Profile
I've been to the Walmart, and EVERYONE is there getting bread and milk. It's a Southern thing. We're expecting it here, they're calling for a couple of inches of snow, maybe ice too. I'm so excited to have my fireplace now- we've been without power in the last two ice storms and had to leave because we had no heat. Now I have heat but I can't flush the toilet (power runs the well) if the power goes out. Give me an unflushed toilet vs. no heat anyday!

Kim in western NC, rubbing her hands in anticipation
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  2:41:41 PM  Show Profile
I am gearing up for the below zero weather we are expecting this weekend.
I have the Big Kahuna (full length-down to my ankles- Eddie Bauer down coat) ready to do its duty. The car has a full tank. The pantry is stocked. The fuzzy socks and sweatshirt at the ready.

Glad it is only temporary.

I probably wouldn't hate snow/ice so much if I didn't have to leave the house. However, driving to work on icy/slippery roads with the rest of the rat race who are in a hurry, makes me a nervous wreck. Mercifully, my boss would rather I drive slow and arrive late, than race to work and get into a bad accident.

That said, snow is beautiful to look at and I get a peaceful feeling when it snows-it is so quiet outside when it does. And I am a big kid and love to go sledding!!!
I too would rather get a lot, or none. I hate it when it is an inch or less. Just enough to make a mess of traffic, not enough to enjoy.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland

Edited by - kissmekate on Jan 16 2008 2:48:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

peggysue
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Peggy
Tulsa Oklahoma
267 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  3:22:56 PM  Show Profile
it's raining here in good ole oklahoma... but they're calling for a chance of snow.
i just don't want another ice storm, we're still cleaning up after this last one..
i never lost power, but my neighbors across the street did, so i took a generator over to them... i have plenty of food on hand, and plenty of yarn, so if it gets really bad, i can stay inside where it is nice and warm.

Life is too short to be narrow minded.
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  3:36:22 PM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
I don't like the cold anymore. Send me back to the beach.

It sounds so good to hear myself laugh. --Rascal Flats, "No Reins"
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  3:43:37 PM  Show Profile
So far we've got some beautiful snow...ice is supposed to be behind it. YAY!!!!
Karin, hope you are enjoying it too!
And, Meg, one word. "YOUTUBE"!! Let's see Lucas do his thang...does he have the hair for it?
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  5:43:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Meg!! I wanna see Lucas do the dance!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog:
http://FarmgirlAlee.blogspot.com" target="_blank"> http://FarmgirlAlee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Georgia Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

212 Posts

Denise
Atlanta GA
USA
212 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  6:45:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Georgia Girl an AOL message
Well, we had some gorgeous snow, for about 20 minutes. Now we have rain and some sleet. The snow is melting. I am so so sad!!!

Proud Farmgirl Sister #113

http://mybigcityfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  7:54:25 PM  Show Profile
Girls I am still singing that song....Meg, if you guys ever come back to KY again, I think I'll have to make Lucas dance to that song. I was singing it while cooking tonight and my hubby was cracking up.

Weather wise...we are playing the waiting game. There is snow & ice on the radar but they are claiming it isn't on the ground yet?? Huh? I'll check the 11PM news and see what they say.

~Jessica in Kentucky & Miss Wilma's Niece~
Gardening is a way of showing that you believe in tomorrow...
http://bluegrassprincess.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Ice, Ice Baby Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page