Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 About the User Name You Picked
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic About the User Name You Picked Next Topic
Page: of 2

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  11:28:22 AM  Show Profile
To Chicken Necker: I've caught crab with bulls lips. Yuck is right. I have to look Grasonville up on a map and find out where you are!

Ann
Sairy Hill Thicket
There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  3:52:58 PM  Show Profile
Since I had not been on a forum before I also did not know we could be creative. I always use my given name for a username just because I know no one else will have it. I would like to change mine too,but then what would I use? I guess I'll stick with Theoanne.
It's fun to see how we all "came to be" :)

TEDDIE

Too blessed to be stressed!
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  4:08:03 PM  Show Profile
One dog per acre is the rule my husband put on me when I told him that I want a dog sanctuary, for old, ugly dogs, on our one acre. In lieu of old, ugly dogs, I got a baby instead, so it was a good trade. Today we put a down payment on a house with 2.2 acres. I figure that could be another big dog and possibly a Boston Terrier.
Trish

Farmgirl Sister #91
Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  4:55:52 PM  Show Profile
Patricia
with 2.2 acres, that should mean 2 full size dogs, and one "doglet"(10 lbs or less)
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  5:19:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
Mine was a screw up when I registered. I wish I could change it, but I'd lose all my posts like Frannie said. Anyway, that's my name and I guess it'll have to stay that way on here...lol

Hey Sherry - I'm from the other side of the Bay Bridge, but I ain't no yuppie! LOL I am all country darlin'. :)

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  08:29:37 AM  Show Profile
I already have a 82 lb American Bulldog.

Farmgirl Sister #91
Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

Sage
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Pam
Worland Wyoming
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  09:59:43 AM  Show Profile
Wyoming is a state with a mix of majestic mountains and stark desert badlands. I tell people that I must have sagebrush in my blood because I love the clean wide open vistas of silvery sage and the pungent scent of sagebrush on the wind.

www.heritagedesigns.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  10:38:18 AM  Show Profile
Hey gals! I started poking around abit here on the farm in 2005 while still working for a bank in Virginia: however, I did not officially join til the following summer, which was my first summer here in France with my french hubby: all of a sudden I thought "Oh cool! Nance rhymes with France, which is where I AM"!! Good thing my mom didn't name me Agnes, huh.....? Happy New Year and hugs to all from Nance (back) in France!
Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  10:49:07 AM  Show Profile
Wish I could change mine. I was in a hurry and couldn't think of anything. Would rather have chosen " Seaside Stitcher".
Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  11:03:36 AM  Show Profile
Hi Vanessa. Read that you are leaving Buxton. I too am from NC and have been to the Outer Banks. Loved it there. So you enjoyed it visiting more than residing there? What was it that made you change how you felt about living on the island? My husband and I moved to Topsail Island,NC back in 2001. We lived 1hr15min. away and had a small vacation cottage there for many years.We decided to move there permanantly when our daughters were grown and on their own.We sold our home and moved. We loved it there but after a few years, a few hurricanes, and a huge tax/property reevaluation we decided to sell when the market was up. Moved across the water to the mainland to a waterfront community in a little fishing village town called Sneads Ferry. Now it is being developed agressively. We love the beach and like you said, it was more fun before we moved there. Tracy-who wishes her user name was Seaside Stitcher!
Go to Top of Page

faithmarie
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

faith
wappingers falls new york
USA
143 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  11:28:57 AM  Show Profile
Mine is just my name Faith Marie. I wonder if that is dangerous, to use my real name. I used to use mamoofufu but my kids said it sounds like I am swearing. It was mamoo- what my grandchildren call me and fufu is what my husband calls me ,well, foofoo, but that was too long. So thats why I just use faithmarie.

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven
Farmgirl sister # 34
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  11:41:28 AM  Show Profile
My username is just my nickname that I've had since I was a little girl. Well... I shortened it a bit from when I was small because then I was known as Laineypooh.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Pearlsnjeans
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Vicki
West Haven Utah
USA
248 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  5:41:59 PM  Show Profile
My username comes from my love of pearls. I think they are warm, genuine and add a touch of elegance to everything; and jeans because I'm most comfortable in a worn pair of jeans.

Pearlsnjeans

Farmgirl Sister #120
Farmgirls are elegant
Go to Top of Page

downbranchroad
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Joy
Southern KY
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  6:03:06 PM  Show Profile  Send downbranchroad a Yahoo! Message
I got mine from my addy. I live on Branch Rd.

Appalachian Girl
Jem

*If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got.

My new blog!
http://downbranchroad.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

chessie
True Blue Farmgirl

403 Posts

Karen
Vista CA
USA
403 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  6:21:22 PM  Show Profile
i took the name of my first girl kitty who got her name because she looked exactly like the logo icon cat for the chesapeak railroad of old. my hubby is a railroad buff and i still have some vintage "chessie" memorabilia that he's given me over the years, so - even though that particular cat passed away long ago, i remember her daily...

www.edgehillherbfarm.com "where the name is bigger than the farm, but no one seems to mind"
blog http://edgehillherbfarmer.spaces.live.com/default.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0
happy farmgirl #89
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  8:49:43 PM  Show Profile
Real simple, I have always had cats or should I say, they have had me....
Mine are strays that pop up on my door steps and into my heart.
Currently we have 1 stray,(for 16 years now) miss beasley,
then there is Cissy girl (mother) & Dolly girl (daughter) that are from the Himi rescue and then there is our little baby, aka prissy princess, tho her real name is peek-a-boo(peekie) for short.
We have had dogs in our lives to as well as rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, finches, cocatail, fish and yep, an iguana lizard...we are critter lovers and with the exception of the cocatail and fish,,we seem to "inherite" our critters. But not complaining 'cause they bring us such joy, tho watching them go over "The Rainbow Bridge" is tuff to say the least.
Did I mention that when I am crafting my furbabies want to help? usually by getting in the way.In fact miss beasley is sitting on my lap as I try to type.
So if ya see any spelling errors, it's her fault!
>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Jan 17 2008 8:51:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

sissysquilts
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

sissy
wa
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2008 :  9:17:57 PM  Show Profile
I did mine in a hurry and wish I would have done something more creative :0) Mine comes from my business, Sissy's Quilts/Lazy Mazy Quilts. Plus the fact that there was already a LynnMarie (my real name) user name so I used my nickname which I also go by :) I LOVE all the creative names everyone came up with theirs. Have a wonderful long weekend *~*
Sissy
P.S. Hey to Grace! We're originally from Spokane and MISSING the snow! Wish some over our way k? *~*

Farmgirl Sister #117

"The good stars met in your horoscope. Made you of spirit,fire and dew"
Robert Browning
Go to Top of Page

oceanfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

Rachel
A Little Closer to Heaven Oregon Coast
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2008 :  10:56:31 PM  Show Profile  Send oceanfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Well, I live by the ocean, so my name reflects that! I like it. Wouldn't change it.

See what I'm up to on my blog... http://minetothine.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

peggysue
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Peggy
Tulsa Oklahoma
267 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2008 :  11:22:29 PM  Show Profile
mine comes from a childhood nickname, and the song from buddy holley.. i've been a peggysue all my life.

Life is too short to be narrow minded.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic About the User Name You Picked Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page