Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 I found the motherlode, check this out!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic I found the motherlode, check this out!! Next Topic  

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2005 :  12:35:30 AM  Show Profile
Look at this website! It tells you how to make anything to clean everything!

http://www.uvhhw.org/recipes

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.

Mommyrama
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Janet
Bristol Wisconsin
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2005 :  02:27:37 AM  Show Profile
Oh my !!! What a wonderful website !!! Thankyou so much for sharing with us . Janet

Until you make peace with who you are,
you will never be content with what you have.
Go to Top of Page

Morning_Dew
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Karen
cottageville sc
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2005 :  06:03:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Morning_Dew a Yahoo! Message
i went to that web site what a god send thank you. have a tip i didn't see in his list of cleaners and its great if you have a grabage disposal that has stuck on partials start disposal as usual and then put ice and a few of your favorite smell fruit peels the ice gets off what might be stuck also surface rust and the peels leave a nice sent behind. happy cleaning

every gardener should make time for the humming BIRDS and honey BEES, stop and smell the flowers.
Go to Top of Page

verbina
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

randi
n.j
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2005 :  09:35:36 AM  Show Profile
great sight! hey janet i really liked that making peace ....god how true! were did you find it? it gave me a knock on the head moment. randi
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2005 :  10:04:28 AM  Show Profile
Thanks so much for sharing this site! Since I started using these kinds of products and making my own cleaners, I have saved so much money. Not to mention the health benefits for my family and the environment. It is so nice to be able to pass right by that aisle at the grocery store!

"If you are lucky enough to have a garden, you are lucky enough!"
Go to Top of Page

KarenP
True Blue Farmgirl

666 Posts

Karen
Chippewa Falls Wisconsin
USA
666 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2005 :  11:13:14 AM  Show Profile
Great site!
Thank you!
KarenP

"Purest Spring Water in the World"
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2005 :  12:16:32 PM  Show Profile
Hoorah!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Bobbi!

"The gloom of the world is but a shadow; behind it, yet within our reach is joy. Take joy!" Fr.Giovanni
Go to Top of Page

lonestargal
True Blue Farmgirl

607 Posts

Kristi
Texas
607 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2005 :  9:19:02 PM  Show Profile
How awesome!! Bookmarked that one. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

CathyM
True Blue Farmgirl

344 Posts

Cathy
Tulsa OK
USA
344 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2005 :  10:15:19 PM  Show Profile
Great site thanks for finding it and sharing.

Cathy
Go to Top of Page

LJRphoto
True Blue Farmgirl

760 Posts

Laura
Hickory Corners MI
USA
760 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  9:01:09 PM  Show Profile
I can't wait to try the carpet freshner. I'm have some bergamot I'm going to try out. Still scrubbing to get rid of the other people's smells.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

guerin
True Blue Farmgirl

88 Posts

Jennifer
Shandon Ohio
88 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2005 :  09:57:42 AM  Show Profile
wow! awesome site!
Go to Top of Page

LisaBee
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Lisa
Sparta TN
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2005 :  9:14:25 PM  Show Profile  Send LisaBee a Yahoo! Message
I love this site, too, and once I get settled I plan on making up a lot of my own cleaners using baking soda, white vinegar and some essential oils like peppermint and lavender. I have some great recipes. I also make chemical free shampoos and conditioners for my animals, which they love and the fleas and ticks don't. If you are ever in a pinch and don't have time to make up some cleaners and HAVE to get store bought, check out the "Method" line at Target. Laundry, floors, dishes, glass, etc. Non-phosphate, bio-degradeable, contain essential oils, and they are NOT expensive. When my son moved into his apartment, I bought the whole collection, including the almond scented wood floor cleaner and the grapefruit hand soap. Both he and his girlfriend love all the smells, how they clean and the fact that they can afford to buy more when they run out

"There is no teacup too large, nor book too long."
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  04:23:11 AM  Show Profile
I agree, Lisa. I love the Method line at Target as well. The eucalyptus bathroom spray cleans great, smells so fresh. I also use the cucumber dish soap (hand wash dishes here). My other favorite is Mrs Meyers citrus counter spray for the kitchen and the Mrs Meyers lemon hand soap in a pump. I used to be able to find a lavender furniture polish by Mrs Meyers, but can't find it anymore -- not even on line. That polish made me want to clean!
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  09:46:56 AM  Show Profile
Hey, gals, if you wash your clothes with vinegar (fabric softener substitute) don't they come out smelling weird?

Thanks,
Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

ladybugsmom6
True Blue Farmgirl

128 Posts

Tami
Horicon WI
USA
128 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2005 :  5:06:25 PM  Show Profile  Click to see ladybugsmom6's MSN Messenger address
Vinegar gets the nasty smells out, and doesnt leave a smell in my laundry. I have been using the Borax and Soda mixture and add a splash of vinegar in most loads for about 6 months. The only trouble I have is now that my husband is working in concrete, I cant get his jeans clean, but nothing gets that stuff out!

-Tami
livin' right and loven' life!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

60 Posts

Tammy
Port Orford Oregon
60 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2005 :  12:55:09 PM  Show Profile
So does anyone have a recipe for dog shampoo that will soften their coat but keep the bugs away?

When I feel spring coming I have to plant or I’ll go crazy!
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2005 :  9:51:03 PM  Show Profile
where do you buy washing soda? I haven't seen it at Albertsons and thats where I do most of my shopping. Is there a well known store that still carries it?

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page

mustbeteatime
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Colette
MN
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2005 :  08:11:58 AM  Show Profile
I had to go to 4 stores to find washing soda last week - I finally found it at FoodMaxx - keep trying - even the hardware stores that sell cleaning products might have it. I am sure that I bought it at Safeway before, but they didn't have it this time.
Go to Top of Page

mustbeteatime
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Colette
MN
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2005 :  2:19:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi again,

I just wanted to put in another 2 cents on this topic. The website first referred to has a lot of recipes from Karen Logan's book "Clean House, Clean Planet". I have that book and if you are going to make those cleaners, reading the book is a good thing - Ms. Logan explains the chemistry behind her formulas. For instance, if both vinegar and soap are in the same solution, mix everthing EXCEPT the soap, then add it last otherwise it will clump. Also, if there is borax in a formula, be sure to use HOT water so it will dissolve.
Happy cleaning!

Enjoy the good things in life!

Edited by - mustbeteatime on Oct 31 2005 2:21:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2005 :  11:02:38 AM  Show Profile
Bobbi,

I found washing soda at the Super 1 store in Rathdrum. It works really well.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  8:21:32 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Blue I'll look into that!

Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic I found the motherlode, check this out!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page