small graces
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Jennifer
Candor NY
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  12:25:23 PM  Show Profile
I thought it would be fun and encouraging to post our resolutions for our "farms", (present or future), So what I did was post mine on the "forget me not farm news" section. I thought you could post here, then check mine and see what matches! (or you could post them there) I thought of this because of the farm essentials list, it seemed like so many different farmgirls, from everywhere, had such similar lists. I love to see that, we are like an old-fashioned grange/cyberspace version!!! Potluck anyone??

"Think about this day for a moment, Charlie Brown"... http://fmnfarm.blogspot.com/

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  1:47:26 PM  Show Profile
Hey There Jennifer. This is a great idea. Well, for me, I would actually WISH for A FARM, since I currently live on the second floor of a brownstone in the big bad ole city. The dream is to move--hey!--to a farm in Upstate New York.

I managed to read your blog. You are a saint for taking care of your children! I'm impressed!

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com

www.pumpkinpatchparlor.etsy.com

And Blogs:

www.bigtownfarmer.blogspot.com

www.queenofcrows.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  6:35:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
I am going to try to convince the hubby to buy a farm in the next year or two. I live in the "burbs" and in a waterfront community so not many farmgirls over here! One day (I am determined) to get my big ole' farmhouse!!

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2008 :  04:36:53 AM  Show Profile
I always have resolutions or things I want to do better with my small farm. After becoming a Farmgirl Sister and reading all about earning merit badges, I am challenging myself to accomplish lots of things in those lists.

I have a 40 ft. long trellis in the vegetable garden. It's made of PVC pipe and netting. I want to make it more rustic looking. One of the merit badge activities is to use branches and limbs to construct a trellis structure. We're clearing out some land so what a great way to do both! Clear the land and use the trees and branches for the trellis.

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2008 :  1:48:13 PM  Show Profile
My resolution is to learn to garden organically, build compost bins and grow heirloom vegetables, fruits and flowers. I also want to learn more about farming by the moon phases. I have a long way to go, but I've already gotten started!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2008 :  2:06:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
My primary resolution is a carry over from 07.....finish the farmhouse and move in, already! LOL! I just posted about finally finding an HVAC company/person who passes muster for us. I want to be 'home for Christmas' this year. ;)

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic New Years Farm Resolutions Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page