Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 wedding chair covers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic wedding chair covers Next Topic  

farmingdoll
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Ann
sonoma valley ca
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2008 :  7:22:47 PM  Show Profile
My friend has come to me and her daughter is getting married and really wants chair covers for her reception, but the are so expensive to rent or buy. I thought if I could pick up some cheap materials I could make some as a wedding gift. Any ideas of easy to make chair covers? Pattern ideas. Any thing would help thanks!

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2008 :  7:45:44 PM  Show Profile
Is she using folding chairs at the reception?? If so, there are many patterns for covers for them through Simplicity, McCall's, etc. That said...you would probably still need a few yards per chair.

If you have a discount fabric outlet you may get lucky and find fabric for as low as $3 per yard or check your local Walmart for the $1 and $2 per yard fabric table. Sometimes they have amazingly good quality stuff..you just have to dig through it..

One other idea would be to use the basic white muslin and buy it by the bolt. It's not very expensive that way.

Good Luck..Let us know what you come up with.

Stephanie
Farmgirl Sister #22

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  06:40:09 AM  Show Profile
we even one time used fabric, just a piece of it...I cannot recall the length, but anyway, we got ribbon and just tied around the legs and "waist of the chairs..it looked great. Alll kinds of 54" sale fabrics at Joanns are 50% off today! hurry and find the fab you need for cheap!
Go to Top of Page

farmingdoll
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Ann
sonoma valley ca
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  4:05:30 PM  Show Profile
they are using banquet chairs, I will head to Joann's lucky it's not far! Thank you so much for your ideas!
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic wedding chair covers Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page