Author Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Business Name Next Topic  

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2008 :  12:22:59 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
I am writing a business plan but can not come up with a name for my business. I will be doing Continuing Education (CE) seminars for Preschool teachers, Daycare providers and Nannies that will go towards their yearly CE hours required to be certified in WI. I will also be adding children's parties and seminars that will include cooking, crafting, gardening, games playing, Academic classes and other fun stuff. With eventually adding parent/child classes and possible adult craft, cooking and garden classes. I also will be selling Antiques, plants and some homemade food items. I am starting out with the CE seminars and adding parties, antiques and homemade food items come summer. I have a good network for advertising including be registered with several agencies and an in at the local tech school, so I think if I go slow and do not get overwhelmed it will at least bring in enough to cover my hobby costs, travel and expenses for items and CE myself and maybe a vacation here and there. But I need a name with such a diverse business I'm not sure what to call it. I had thought of Betty Jo's but then what. Any suggestions that you can come up with for a name or ways to pick a name I would really appreciate. Need to get this up and running in the very near future.

http://www.bboopster.blogspot.com
3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2008 :  08:09:05 AM  Show Profile
Wow! Sounds like you have a lot up your sleeve! How about "Teachers Bag of Tricks"! looks like you've got lots of em!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2008 :  09:30:16 AM  Show Profile
ECEasy?

Farmgirl Sister #98
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2008 :  11:44:34 AM  Show Profile
Right, such a diverse business needs a non-specific name so as not to confuse potential customers in each arena...how about your last name (too bad BJ's is already taken) or your city/town in the name...West Bend something or other, or simply,
"Simplicity"? Or your initials, BJK Enterprises...that would cover it all!

Or take the first couple of letters from each venture, and try to make a sensible sounding name from it, like, EDUPARANTICO: Education/Parties/Antiques/Food/Cooking (I liked CO at the end better than FO but EDUPARANTIFO is another option. OK, not so sensible sounding, but maybe that will give you some ideas. Good luck!

Too much time on my hands and my date with the vacuum is here...

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"
Go to Top of Page
  Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Business Name Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page