Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 silly chicken poop observation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic silly chicken poop observation Next Topic  

SheilaC
True Blue Farmgirl

1948 Posts

Sheila
Vermont
USA
1948 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2008 :  5:34:44 PM  Show Profile
I've been cracked up all day about this, but my husband doesn't think it's humorous. . .thought I'd share and give maybe somebody a laugh. So. . .you know when your babies (children) eat blueberries or purple koolaid, etc. and then they have that lovely odd green colored poopie? (we don't call it "poop" in our family) Well, anyhow, my little boy found a rotten purple cabbage in the garden yesterday when the snow melted and we gave it to the chickens. Today when I went out there, their outdoor run area was full of that same dark emerald green (and white) ummm, well you know, poopie. SO there must be similar ways our digestive systems process that purple/blue color!! Have a great day!

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2008 :  6:54:11 PM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
TOO funny!!!

.• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´ ..• -:¦:- -:¦:- Chandra
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´Farmgirl Sister #64

She considereth a field, and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Proverbs 31:16
Go to Top of Page

peggysue
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Peggy
Tulsa Oklahoma
267 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2008 :  11:15:06 PM  Show Profile
how funny..... guess chickens' digestive systems work similar to ours.. never would have known.

Life is too short to be narrow minded.
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2008 :  06:23:38 AM  Show Profile
Nice visual...as I'm drinking my blueberry and banana smoothie. Yuck!

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main

Edited by - junkjunkie on Jan 09 2008 06:24:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2008 :  09:14:32 AM  Show Profile
So funny!!

My girls have raised up to 300 chickens at a time for the purpose of selling to local feed stores. It was always an important part of the chores to check the "poop" of each flock's area to keep up with their health. (fun job!)

We were always amazed at the the "poops" that were as big as the eggs they laid!

Blessings
Catherine
Farmgirl Sister #76

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic silly chicken poop observation Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page