Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 patch material for Cardhartt overalls
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic patch material for Cardhartt overalls Next Topic  

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2008 :  12:39:31 PM  Show Profile
My DH has an often worn, much beloved pair of Cardharrt overalls that just need some good patch material on the knees. Does anyone have an old pair ort other Carhartt garment beyond repair, but good for cutting up for patching other garments. This is the orangey-tan colored heavy-duty material...would love to barter something in exchange if you have an old garment or even a piece of fabric to make some patches out of.

Or, any suggestions on other material to use for patching? I used some suede-type patches on these overalls once before, which were a close color match but I cannot find them in the fabric stores anywhere. He voted down the blue denim patches that I use on our work jeans... thanks!

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"

debinmtns
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Debi
Hope Idaho
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2008 :  1:29:57 PM  Show Profile
I was going to suggest heavy duty canvas or oil cloth. Tan is probably your best answer. Good Luck.

debinmtns farmgirl #63
Have a Thankfulness Gratitude Attitude.
http://handcraftedncreated.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2008 :  06:12:35 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Debi!

Jo

Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2008 :  10:36:34 PM  Show Profile
Jo, I do have a pair of well worn Carhartt overalls somewhere in the sewing room. I rescued them from the trash can when my spouse thought they were too far gone to mend. I will make a note and try to find them asap for you. Will likely want to keep some of the fabric, but if a leg would help you out, I can share :)
They're the yellowish tan color typical of carhartt. No bartering needed, this is just a helping out. I found a size two carhartt jacket recently and had to buy it for a couple of dollars...some mom or grandma paid a heck of a lot more than that for it!
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2008 :  06:42:43 AM  Show Profile
Oh Ronna, I should have known you'd come up with some Carhartt! Thanks, I'd love to have a leg - whatever you can spare. Do you still have my addy or shall I send you an email?

Jo

Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic patch material for Cardhartt overalls Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page