Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 Quadrantids Meteor shower tonight
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Weather Report: Previous Topic Quadrantids Meteor shower tonight Next Topic  

debinmtns
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Debi
Hope Idaho
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2008 :  3:02:38 PM  Show Profile
They said, the best time to see is 1 am to 5 am but another article said, from 9 pm to dawn tomorrow. Its called Mother Natures Fireworks. If you have clear skies look to the NE between the little dipper and the big dipper area. Enjoy!

debinmtns farmgirl #63
Have a Thankfulness Gratitude Attitude.
http://handcraftedncreated.blogspot.com/

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2008 :  3:56:13 PM  Show Profile
I was reading up on that meteor shower and it said best seen in the eastern US around 1:15 Friday night which could me Sat. Morn. Best seen in the west at dawn which could make it too light here. I will be watching all night long. Snore-snore. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2008 :  4:04:59 PM  Show Profile
OK I re-read the updated article and now it says Friday 1:40 AM for maximum showers that is EST. In the west it would be early twilight so would probably be too bright. But , hey, I'm still going to try and maybe they will update again and say everyone can see the showers. We'll see. MB

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2008 :  10:27:06 AM  Show Profile
Humm, I wonder if I can stay awake that late, but will try, will have coffee pot set up and a warm snuggly blanket ready.
Hubby & I are going over to the German~American club tonight, so we will probably by wide awake by the time we get home (I hope).
I love watching meteor showers.
Hubby & I use to sit out in the spa,(back in Calif) and watch for falling stars & satalites.
When our daughter was little we would bundle her up in the wee hours of the night and sit out in lawn chairs to watch the meteor shower shows. Gosh I miss those days.
Thanx for the heads up on the showers tonight. Hope it is clear enough to watch.
tata-4-now

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Jan 04 2008 10:27:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2008 :  11:08:37 AM  Show Profile
We have a forecast of a solid week of rain and overcast skies---I guess I'll miss this. MB

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2008 :  2:43:46 PM  Show Profile
uugghh! I don't mind the snow,,,,I just am not a big fan of cold rain.... it is sloppy slushy on our property...& our driveway is iced over. The poor propane fuel man was worried he would not be able to
pull his truck out of our driveway which has a bit of an incline. But he made it & we are fueled up....
Got the fireplace warming up the house right now. Koolamondo! Kitties love it too! their favorite spot
is to lay infront of the fireplace and "bake".

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Quadrantids Meteor shower tonight Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page