kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2007 :  10:16:52 PM  Show Profile
I finally got the chance to take some photos of my salt and pepper collection...and would ya know, after I took these photos, I picked up 2 more sets today! haha. I just started the collection a few months ago, so it's small. I have 18 (including the 2 I got today) in the collection. I have to say the Hippos cracked me up the moment I saw them.

Here are the photos:

My ole hillbilly pair:

I'll try to take a photo of the other two sets when I get the chance. Enjoy!

~Jessica in Kentucky & Miss Wilma's Niece~
Gardening is a way of showing that you believe in tomorrow...

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2007 :  10:37:42 PM  Show Profile
those are really cute and I like your wallpaper border too. a nice cheery kitchen.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2008 :  04:54:49 AM  Show Profile
Jessica,
Those are all so cute. And you have them displayed so nice. I will keep watch at my thrift store in case something really special should turn up in the salt and pepper line.
Nancy Jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2008 :  06:42:29 AM  Show Profile
Very nice collection, Jessica! You're off to a good start. They're very charming and they don't take up too much room! :)

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2008 :  07:00:36 AM  Show Profile
Jessie they are cute just something else for aunt wilma to look for huh. You can get your rocker any time, love yu bunches little one Aunt wilma

I am a farm girl married to a sewing machine

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

downbranchroad
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Joy
Southern KY
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2008 :  07:14:34 AM  Show Profile  Send downbranchroad a Yahoo! Message
Well, Miz Jessica, A woman with red in her kitchen cant go wrong. ;)...I do red also, remember? ha. I LUV that little shelf with the inside painted red.
Looks like a coffee grinder on top of the shelf or fridge? I like that too!
The salt and pepper collecting will be fun!!!
We had an older lady in our homemakers club that have over 4000 and yes, I said 4000 sets, of salt and pepper shakers. she had them from all over the world. In fact, my brother had got her a set from Gremany and Holland. She didnt have children, when they had her sale I think a big collector from out of state bought the salt and pepper shaker collection and paid a pretty price for it. I hope they treasure them as much as she did.
Wishing you a very Happy New Year and may many wonderful salt and pepper shakers come your way.

Appalachian Girl
Jem

*If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got.

My new blog!
http://downbranchroad.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

HeathersHeartfeltStitches
True Blue Farmgirl

440 Posts

Heather
Lancaster OH
USA
440 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2008 :  07:46:03 AM  Show Profile  Send HeathersHeartfeltStitches a Yahoo! Message
How Fun! I like how you've displayed them and I like your border

http://heathersheartfeltstitches.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2008 :  11:37:58 AM  Show Profile
Hey girls - ya'll are too kind! The day we closed on the house and before we moved in, we had to rip out the horrible wallpaper and repaint everything in that kitchen. Then we moved the next day....oh yeah it was just nuts for a few days there! I found that wallpaper after searching forever for something country kitchen. If I'm not mistaken, I got it from Lowes. After living in dorm rooms in college that were white and then in an apartment for 4-5 years that you couldn't paint, I couldn't wait to paint!! I told my hubby that I always wanted a red kitchen and I took the plunge and did it. You can always put so many themes with that color. My kitchen is apple themed. The "Aunt B's Kitchen" sign I got a while back since one of my nicknames starts with a B.

Joy - I got that shelf while going on a "junk run" with Wilma. (I'm up for another run!! haha) I think I paid just a couple of dollars. I had a couple of whatnots in it and then slowly I got some s&p shakers and went "oh my - the perfect place!" That coffee grinder has a funny story to it. My husband really wanted one (why I dunno) and use to tell me stories of growing up waking up to the sound of his granny using one of those grinders. I paid 50 cents for it at a Vendors Mall. That is just a neat story about that lady's collection. I've been trying to get some different ones and cute ones. I love the Granny & Grandpa Smith that I got at Cracker Barrel. I came across the penguins & birds at Target on sale for 75% so I paid like $1 per pair!! I was so happy. I'm a bargain hunter that's for sure!

Below is a better photo of all the salt and pepper shakers...I didn't do another photo of the Hillbilly pair since I already posted them. Sometime I'll try to post some more "house" photos when I get the chance!!

Edited by - kydeere40744 on Jan 01 2008 11:38:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2008 :  5:04:38 PM  Show Profile
Love your collection
I have a small collection; but no where to put it yet
Yours are really cute. pinkroses

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2008 :  09:48:32 AM  Show Profile
Hi there Sheila - thank you for your kind words!! Definitely let me know if you take photos of your collection. :)

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Salt & Pepper Collection Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page