Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2007 :  05:57:49 AM  Show Profile
I didn't know which category to put this under, but the weather seemed a good one. Has anyone else noticed how beautiful the moon has been the past couple of evenings? I don't remember seeing such a pretty full moon in a long time. My husband went out last night and took some pictures, I hope they turn out well. And the other morning I was driving to work before 8 am and the moon was pretty high above the horizon. I was driving towards the moon and I noticed the sun was rising behind me by looking in the rear view mirror. It was such a beautiful and peaceful experience.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2007 :  06:37:23 AM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh yes! I went out to get the paper the other morning, and it was about 6:30. Still very dark. The moon was so bright I almost could not look at it! Really. I have never seen such a bright and beautiful moon in all my days - and Mars was really bright, too. It was so quiet and dark, but you could see clearly because of the moonshine (I mean REAL moonshine) :)

I went inside to get my camera, and when I went back outside, the sun was just coloring the sky, but I took a photo of the moon through the trees with a little pink just beginning, and I hope it turns out too.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Dec 26 2007 06:38:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2007 :  09:38:07 AM  Show Profile
Oh! It has been beautiful! I've been watching it every night. Yes, Mars has put on a show too! We were in San Diego on Christmas eve and watched it rise over the mountains that we'd just driven down from. They even showed it "rising" over the Charger's stadium. Sadly, in the city you couldn't see Mars...and that's why we live in the country!
Sharon

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2007 :  2:42:24 PM  Show Profile
I have loved the moon. I agree it is bigger and fuller than I can remember in a while. I walk outside and just look at it. We were riding , looking at Christmas lights in the neighborhood and we enjoyed the moon more than the lights !!!! Natures "lights" can't be beat.
Linda H.
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2007 :  4:31:31 PM  Show Profile
We had a beautiful Christmas moon rising over the hills. It was enormous! and so bright!

Wishing you joy in small things and peace in your heart
Annika
farmgirl sister#13
http://innermountainmudhens.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

777 Posts

Lea
TN
777 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2007 :  8:36:06 PM  Show Profile
Yes, we have been so enjoying the nice big moon, too. We've even taken midnight walks through the forest and its been like walking in a beautiful dream.

Blessings, Lea
www.farmhouseblessings.blogspot.com
www.farmhouseblessings.etsy.com

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot
Go to Top of Page

AFMom
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Erica
North Dakota
USA
100 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2007 :  05:01:49 AM  Show Profile
Hi Girls,

I have been enjoying the moon as well here in central Pa. On Christmas Eve it hung so high in the sky. We came home from visiting family and church around 10pm and as I was walking from the carport to the house, it was like dawn from the brightness of the moon...absolutly stunning for the holiday season...I loved it! I love to sleep with the blinds up when the moon is bright like that. Erica:)
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic The moon Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page