Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Books
 Book Ideas
 it's Christmas {Yet Again!} & I want a MJXmas book
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Book Ideas: Previous Topic it's Christmas {Yet Again!} & I want a MJXmas book Next Topic
Page: of 2

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  08:00:48 AM  Show Profile
I just found this thread...I wonder if it's too late to send in ideas/projects etc? This is going to be awesome when it comes out....I LOvE all the other books, the mags....the food...all of it! YOu GO GIrlfriends!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2008 :  2:23:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Hmmmmmmm...didn't I read this in another thread? Are the request for recipes, crafts, etc still wanted?

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Badgebadger
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Bookclub Coordinator
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2008 :  2:55:26 PM  Show Profile
ooh yes yes! that would be awesome! :O) Maybe help me get in the holidays spirit

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2008 :  5:11:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I would say keep submitting ideas until they say to stop. Who knows, perhaps they will be worked into future magazines!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

idcityrose
True Blue Farmgirl

202 Posts

Rose
Idaho City Idaho
USA
202 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2008 :  7:02:27 PM  Show Profile
That is a great idea Karen. What fun we could have with that..thanks for thinking of it and Merry Christmas!

Some people look for happiness, others create it!

We are never alone in the forest of Sisters! We "Mountain Farmgirls" are outstanding in our field!
Go to Top of Page

chessie
True Blue Farmgirl

403 Posts

Karen
Vista CA
USA
403 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2008 :  7:07:34 PM  Show Profile
wow, here it is approx the same time on exactly the same day, Christmas day no less, '08 this time and, yes, I still want a MaryJane Christmas book... but I have to say that the Christmas issue of the MAryJanesFarm Magazine gave me so many treasures this Christmas that I can wait patiently, indefinitely even, for the MJF XMAS BOOK! This year I wrapped gifts with pages from an old xmas magazine that I sewed together around my handmade gifts... "very clever" was one comment and "very strange" was another. I gave MJ credit for this idea even though I have no idea where it came from. MaryJane has influenced me so much that i am recyclying magazines that no one wants into gift wrap and this wrapping got more attention that the presents inside! Can't wait to see what I write here next year!
Merry Christmas to All and I "thank you God" for my farmgirl sisters & my Maryjane Mother Hen,
Karen

www.edgehillherbfarm.com "where the name is bigger than the farm, but no one seems to mind"
blog http://edgehillherbfarmer.spaces.live.com/default.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0
happy farmgirl #89
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2008 :  8:17:33 PM  Show Profile
Very clever ,indeed!
How about old sewing pattern sheets(the tissue ones) for stuffing in gift bags or for the wrap itself?
Think how much tissue stuffing is out there for just pennies?
The more vintage the better!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

chessie
True Blue Farmgirl

403 Posts

Karen
Vista CA
USA
403 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2008 :  08:10:51 AM  Show Profile
great idea!

www.edgehillherbfarm.com "where the name is bigger than the farm, but no one seems to mind"
happy farmgirl #89
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2008 :  08:19:30 AM  Show Profile
Oh! A MaryJanes Farm Christmas book would be wonderful. I cherish each of her magazines and look through them over and over again.

I hope that there will be a book coming soon.

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2008 :  12:09:16 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
This sounds great and I can't wait to see what's next!!

Melanie

Shop~ http://www.squidoo.com/buyinghomemade
Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

chessie
True Blue Farmgirl

403 Posts

Karen
Vista CA
USA
403 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2010 :  2:00:36 PM  Show Profile
Well now, it is Christmas 2009 (ok, I missed it by a week, it has been a crazy Dec...) And I am writing on this thread yet again. It is my forum diary of sorts. I still feel the same gratitiude, if not more, that I did in 2007 & 2008 about MaryJane Butters, maryjanesfarm magazine, website, books, products, my friendships here on the forum, et al. But there's no denying it though, I still want more; more books, more magazine issues, more sisters, etc. I just want it all in due course -So that no one, MaryJane especially but Carol too, gets overloaded. When the time is right I know I will get my Farmgirl ChristmasBook wish -maybe it could be an expanded compilation of the terrific MJFMagazine Xmas articles, foods and crafts (that, then, is my "brilliant" addendum for this year). I wonder what I'll write here next year...

happy farmgirl #89
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2010 :  06:09:44 AM  Show Profile
I would love a MFJ Christmas Book, too. For all of us who are new here, it would also be nice to have a "collection" somewhere of all the Christmas projects that have been published in the past.

Happy New Year, Farmgirls!

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

"Turn your face to the sun, and the shadows will fall behind you" - Maori Proverb

Go to Top of Page

hhalleck
True Blue Farmgirl

94 Posts

Hannah
Ohio
USA
94 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2010 :  08:20:19 AM  Show Profile
I too think that this is a WONDERFUL idea!!!
I got two of the MJ books for Christmas! I just LOVE them!!!

Hannah May
Farmgirl #882
www.thehallecks.blogspot.com
www.prettystinkingreen.com
Go to Top of Page

sewdonna
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Donna
Bear DE
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2010 :  1:36:54 PM  Show Profile
I'm just seeing this thread - I'm in - would love a MJF Christmas book. I'm still in Christmas mode around here - the decorations are gone but I'm still playing the music (don't tell my normal friends)and working on things for the next Christmas - I make the gift wrap, postcards, and gift tags and have them ready. Have planned most of the years gifts but now have to make them! I think we would all have great ideas to contribute - lots of recycling and repurposeing ideas, homemade gifts. Hope it can happen.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Book Ideas: Previous Topic it's Christmas {Yet Again!} & I want a MJXmas book Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page