Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Valentine Mini Apron Swap..Sign Up Closed..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Valentine Mini Apron Swap..Sign Up Closed.. Next Topic
Page: of 24

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  12:34:59 AM  Show Profile
I bought my corgi a jesters collar today, beaded, sequins, its to cute its triangle all around his neck. sorry I dont know how to put pics on here:( Hes so funny
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  04:20:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Shirley....if you ever need help for posting pics....let me know....I can call you and walk you through it....eazy squeezy!!! WE LOVE PICTURES.

Visit my blog at: www.sewonandsewfourth.blogspot.com
Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Aprons and other fun things for sale at: www.honeybeez.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  09:06:10 AM  Show Profile
oh Shirley..! You have a Corgi too??
How awesome! Mine was a Solid Red.. She had a bit of white around her chest too I think.. Such a little Pumpkin..

ok.. I'm thinking if the others don't come in the next day or so i'm mailing on anyway.. Jess & Carmens will be here probably today or maybe even tomorrow.. So I'll see how that plays out... But Julie you really did mail yours out awhile ago now.. so with the storms.. I really think something has gone wrong.. So we'll mail with out that package.. & just watch for it.. & mail them individualy when it comes to me.. or back to you.. which ever happens.. I'll just wait on Jess' package now..
So we'll be fine! No worries!! Happens all the time.. don't it girls!

I have them all sorted out & in their envelopes ready to go now on the dining room table now.. so all I have to do is seal each envelope up & run to the Post Office!

Kathie.. Farm Girl Sister #29

"In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself"..
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  8:23:02 PM  Show Profile
OK!!! Well Jess & Carmens Have arrived Today Girls!!!!

What Little Cuties Our Baby Girl Carmen's are!!!!!
She did just the best Job!!! Girls I'll tell ya!!
She has Hand Stamped the coolest little Hearts on there!!
A few different colors & sparkles too! A really awesome fringe at the bottome.. & really nice waste & Apron Strings.. Just absolutley Perfect Girls! Your going to Love.. Love LOVE Carmens!
So worth the wait!!
Jess' of course came with Carmens.. & she did hers in a variety of styles.. some have a few different waste bancd.. some have lace at the bottom.. & some have different trims.. now two are the same.. But they are ALL so pretty!!

So.. I have each envelope checked & rechecked now.. The New arrivals are tucked inside each packge now..
So the are all ready to go.. We won't get them by Valentines day at this point anyway.. So I am going to wait to see if Julie's make it tomorrow & if not.. then I'll just mail them on out on Thursday one way or another..

Hope your all ok with this.. I do apologize for the delay.. but it happens.. It's happened to all of us in the past before.. & it will happen again.. so not a big deal.. all part of having a fun swap.. & just enjoying being part of the crew!!

Happy Tuesday Girls!

Love ya lots!

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9396 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9396 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  8:24:37 PM  Show Profile
Can't wait to see them and get 'em all hung on my tree. We have a couple of birthdays in the next couple weeks so they will dress up the place and make it look festive I'm sure!

farmgirl sister #43

Kind hearts are gardens
Kind thoughts are roots
Kind words are blossoms
Kind deeds are Fruits

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  9:08:00 PM  Show Profile

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ BLOG
http://www.bonne1313.homestead.com/soap.html SOAP
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  11:17:18 PM  Show Profile
Bonnie,
You said it all!!!!!!

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  11:35:38 PM  Show Profile
Hey Julie,
don't fret about your aprons, I am sure they will arrive....

I have to say my confidence in our postal services is diminishing day by day,,,,the other day I received bits & pieces of my retirement statement in a plastic postal bag w/ their apologies about the damage(it got shredded in one of their sorting machines),,,,this has happened to me once before about a year ago when I lived in
So. Calif....
Oh and here is a good one for you, DH & I have been up here in Spokane going on 8months now,,,I get a piece of mail with the little yellow "forwarding" sticker on it, are you ready for this??? it was some other persons mail with a different Moorpark, Calif. address.... I put the letter in a 6x9 envelope & sent it to the Postmaster/Supervisor back in Moorpark. Maybe s/he will get the hint that s/he has some not so bright civil service employees!!!!
AND...now the USPS is talking about upping pastage again! oh good grief!
vent, vent, vent.... ok, I'm good now!

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  12:41:07 AM  Show Profile
Yep Kathie, I have not only 1 corgi but 2 corgi's
:))
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  08:17:56 AM  Show Profile
OHHHH!! You have to show pictures Shirley of your Babies!!!
I need to see them!!!!

Get my Corgi Baby Fix!

Ok.. So.. If Our poor baby Julie's Mini package hasn't made it out of OZ today & in my Mail Box.. i am shipping tommorow AM.. Everyones Envelopes are ready to go.. just waiting for a piece of tape in case we get Julies today.. then Off they will go!
They do look SO Pretty too Girls.. I sorted mine out last nite after I did Carmen's & Jess' All together what a Great Variety!!
Your just going to love them!
You all did Such a great job! But then.. you always do!!!

Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  09:30:46 AM  Show Profile
Kathie go ahead and mail! I think mine got blown away! If they show up or come back to me - I will pop them in an envelope and mail to everyone. I will post the pictures of them tonight so you all can see how cute they were. I am so bummed! This was my first mini apron swap! :(

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  1:04:37 PM  Show Profile
Poor Pumpkin.. !

i'm so sorry.. But it happens! We've all had the same crazines happen to us at least once or twice before too.. so don't feel so bad..
Once it leaves your hands sweetie your at the mercy of the bad bad mail carriers then! or in the case this time i think.. the weather!!!
Don't fret though sweetie.. your swaped ones are coming on to you just like everyone elses.. so when & if the Mini's that you made show up at either of our houses.. we'll mail them on out..!

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  7:07:11 PM  Show Profile
I got a shredded thing from the post office today too!! It was inside an envelope that said they care!! Since I do so much mail because of MJF now, I have seen more problems than before!

My quilting and life blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  7:32:57 PM  Show Profile
Happy Valentines Day girls and she is mailing them on Valentines Day, now how perfect is that.......

Farmgirl #39
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  1:30:18 PM  Show Profile
Happy Valentines Day M'Ladies!!!

Ok i made it to the Post office this mornin.. & got em Alllll mailed out..! (Jest about..) Sept Our ole Jessie poos but her's has issues which seems par for our lil gal.. AND Julie! Julie.. I don't have you Address Baby Doll!! Can ya email it to me please So I can mail yours for ya tomorrow Sweetie!

& whilst we're complaining about the US Post Office let me get one mor thing off my chest!
Where in the blazes do they get off being huffy about Our mailing out a bundle of envelopes?? As if WE are inconveniencing THEM??
I am NOT the person to set off! thought just about everyone knew this by now.. it's stamped right on my forhead by God! Clear as day..
i can't say it.. cuz they just bleep it out.. but yeah.. even in a rear view mirrow you can read it.. right there on Kathie's forehead..
" B!tch ".. easy as anything to read..
really.. not to be fiddeled with..! But there she was.. huffing & puffing like She was being bothered..!! As I handed her my packages!
And Girls.. I even add up & tally the amounts next to the stams so when the weigh each package they know how much it is so they know if they need more postage or not.. & the entire time.. she keep apologizing to the TWO freaking people in line behind me!!!!
I FINALLY had had enough..
"I said Listen.. Am I in the wrong place or something..?"
She said "what?" i said "is this NOT the Post Office??"
"is this NOT where I should be coming to mail my parcels, or should I have gone to Wal-Mart or something?"
She just looked at me.. i said "Then you need to check the attitude &
quit apologizing to the people behind me as if I'm not standing right in freaking front of you.. I'm PAYING you to do a service.. The SAME service that the person behind me is going to also pay you to do when it's his turn! ..if your having a hard time.. then you might ask one of the THREE people standing in back to come up front & open another register to help out.. or just get over it.. & smile & assist me.. but I'm really over the damn attitude.. I'm here at the Post Office to Mail My Packages.. It shouldn't matter if I have one or twenty envelopes..
Now i LIVE here in this town.. so I MAIL my things Here in THSI Town.. If My TINY little Comunnity Post Office is having a hard Time keeping up me mailing out twenty small envelopes at the same time.. then I may possibly have to go to Tampa to mail them out.. But if I do have to do this.. then I'll also then have to make an inquiery at that main Post Office as to WHY our Small Post Office can't handle these Simple procedures.. And WHY our Small Post Office seems to manage to loose my Mail.. or ZDeliver my mail to the Incorrect house.. since we live in such a small rural community.. Everyone really pretty much knows everyone..
Maybe they need to delve a bit into what may be wrong with our Small Little Postal service here?"
Well Out Comes the Post Master.. Yes.. of course Now He knows my name & is ever so happy to see what the matter is.. & Why is Collette Crying..
Well my 1st impulse was to say because because she's an idiot.. & she works for YOU Billy! but.. I then just said.. " Well Billy.. Glad you were compelled to come from out back after you heard how upset I was about not getting any service here yet again today with out having to deal with attitude.. & Only after I felt I had to threaten to go to the Main Post Office! & Why is it I only seem to get any Proper Atten here when Pauline is in??"
"I DON'T Appreciate her feeling she needs to appologize to the costumers behind me for My actually using your service! How assinine is that?" "It would be like me Shopping at Wal-mart & spending money & the cashier saying to the costumers behind me.. '" gee ya'll i'm really sorry.. she bought alot of stuff.. this'll take a bit longer to ring up.. dang.. this is really takin so long.. whew.. .. wow.. i'm really so sorry.. gee. wow.. blame her.. wow.. i'm sorry.. " " I mean how stupid is that???" So Billy just looked at me & said " I'm really sorry.. " & then looked at the STILL just TWO men in line beind me.. And said.. "Anyone have anything to just pick up?" they both said.. "Nope".. & he said "well Mrs. salyers.. you look lovely today.. have a Happy Valentines Day.. we'll see ya soon.." & walked back to the back again..
I looked at Collette... & said..
"wonderful.. lets finish up now Dear.. "

Man.. See.. Some People's Kids huh??

Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  1:46:36 PM  Show Profile
Yippeeee!!! I received the incentive to get ya'll's mini's to Kathie first!!!
Lookee at my blog!! HUGS (((Kathie)))!!

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  1:59:09 PM  Show Profile
Oh My Word, Bonne...
your apron is sooooooo adorable!
We bask in the presence of such talented ladies!!!!

Miss Kathie, you are truly an Apronista extrodiner!

hugz,

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Feb 14 2008 2:00:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  4:16:02 PM  Show Profile
In the 2nd pic , which you can't tell from, the fabric is sparkly and so is the rickrack trim.
Truly lovely!

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9396 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9396 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  5:50:59 PM  Show Profile
Kathie,
I think Collette has a sister that works here in NJ at our post office. They act like we are bothering them or something and if it weren't for us using the mail systems they wouldn't even have a JOB! Puleeez. Getting down off soapbox now. Dd says you should go to Mango Seffner one.

farmgirl sister #43

Kind hearts are gardens
Kind thoughts are roots
Kind words are blossoms
Kind deeds are Fruits

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Naomi Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

1563 Posts

Naomi
Sunshine State
USA
1563 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  10:27:31 PM  Show Profile
oooh ooh! Bonne you lucky gal! I better hurry and get mine done! hehe!

~Naomi~

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be-Abraham Lincoln
Check out my blog:http://thebellamodiste.blogspot.com/
and my Etsy store: www.shesewsbytheseashore.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2008 :  12:00:24 AM  Show Profile
Bonne, Yippee girl and that is one amazing apron and just so you.

Kathie, yep Apronista extrordinaire. And the Best Swap Mama ever.
We had a post master here who was just awful and she is gone now. Who knows why but I am grateful, it is much more plesant going in now. Hope you see change in yours soon. Why does it seem the smaller ones have more challenges at times? Or maybe just my perspective. PRoably!!!!!

Farmgirl #39
Go to Top of Page

nashbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

687 Posts

687 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2008 :  07:10:49 AM  Show Profile
very nifty apronage!

Crunchy crafty goodness and psychoses...;-)http://nashbabe.blogspot.com

groovy stuff 2 buy...http://www.alittlesplurge.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

cw246
True Blue Farmgirl

153 Posts

Cheryl
Largo Florida
USA
153 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2008 :  08:01:43 AM  Show Profile
Lucky you Bonne!! You look great with that adorable apron on. Great job (of course) Kathie!
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2008 :  11:30:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Boy, I cannot wait til October...that will be the end of my "year" to wait for another apron from Kathie...that is if I can be super fast in making my minis....!! Woooo Hooooo. We love Kathie's aprons!!!

Visit my blog at: www.sewonandsewfourth.blogspot.com
Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Aprons and other fun things for sale at: www.honeybeez.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2008 :  2:57:55 PM  Show Profile
hi girls! I am so glad you girls are all having fun with your minis.

bonne...i am in atlanta

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 24 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Valentine Mini Apron Swap..Sign Up Closed.. Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page