Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Valentine Mini Apron Swap..Sign Up Closed..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Valentine Mini Apron Swap..Sign Up Closed.. Next Topic
Page: of 24

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  5:52:26 PM  Show Profile
Audrina: I am reading the Bible from front to back this year and tonight I read the part about the plagues of frogs,boils, locusts, etc. How ironic! I can't believe how many sayings I thought other people said, and they really came from the Bible! I am learning a lot, considering I never thought I could tackle the whole thing.

My quilting and life blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  7:27:52 PM  Show Profile
Well, I'll bet Most of MY sayings don't come from the Bible..
Just.. just thought I'd throw that in there..

Hey Lovelies.. I received the most WONDEROUS package in the mail today!!!
& I am ever so perplexed.. But then we know it really doesn't take all that much some times!
However!! There isn't any note inside.. no name .. nothing to indicate really who these adorable little Mini's are!! The return envelope says they came from Antioch, Tenn..
But the name is NASH BABE!!.. help me.... Have I forgotten a name Babies??
or is this code for.. "Strawbery Frosted Sheep" (Did I tell you all that story yet?)
I'll have to one nite.. It will be a great bed time story one nite for ya Carol Sue..
But you'll laugh so hard you won't be able to sleep..
ANYWAY!!
INSIDE the envelope.. were the greatest little Mini's!! They could ALMOST pass for Western one's even! Bandana Motiff .. sort of!!.. The thing that gives them away as Valentines are that they do have some ribbon detail with Teentsy little hearts on them!!
So..will the creator of these little sweetie please step forward so i can check you name off the list!!
Also.. The Nicest smelling Cucumber Soaps included too!! How sweet of you!!

WHICH brings me to something else I wanted to talk to you dear Kiddo's about..
Please don't think me ungrateful if I don't mention each of you individually on line when you've sent a lovely thank you gift or a note.. or a card.. or a Pattern.. or a Sachet.. or EVEN a full sized Apron!! as a Hostess Thank You..
Your all so very much loved & appreciated everyday!
Knowing you.. & having you in my heart.. & part of my life is such a joy & treasure.. & honor!
I love all the sweet things you say.. & do..
But please don't ever feel as if youv'e had to send anything!
We do this Swap for Fun.. Because We love making the Mini's.. & what they started out to be in meaning for us & we enjoy each other's company here.. It's a great place to come Visit.. have fun & Bantor & joke & play.. & each Swap gives us another part of each other to hold onto.. Which is really what the very first Mini was intended to do..

I know there are alot of really new Girls on the 'Farm' & even alot on the Swap.. Some that may not even know how the Mini's originated.. I think We should always remember how they came about.. & what the true meaning of them was..

So.. I'll revisit the Story (I promise.. i'll try to keep it short..) Of how they were born:
Last year..one of Our Dear Farm Girls Sisters Mother became so very Ill.. Susan..The Soap Maven.
Susan was SO worried & concerened about her Mama.. She asked us all to please flood her Mother's Mail Box with sweet cards to let her know that she was being thought of All over the Country!! & even farther!!! Nothing too scary or detailed.. Just to remind her how loved she was.
So.. We did.. Boy oh boy did we..!! She couldn't believe all the mail she was getting!!
You all know how much WE love getting mail.. Can you just imagine Susan's Mom getting all this attention?
So I started thinking about it one night.. how much we all talk about how Much we really do love our Apron's.. wearing them.. showing them off.. sewing them.. trading them.. selling them.. bartering them!! Such a HUGE part of who we all are here at the Farm!!
& we had revisted a Brilliant Poem One of the Girls had brought to life.. it had said some really pretty verse about how our Apron Strings keeps us all tied together.. no matter where we are.. I loved it!
So.. i thought wouldn't it be great if we could do this for Susan's Mom??
Yes.. i knew we couldn't make her all these full sized Apron's from everyone.. But how sweet to make these Mini' one's to just tuck in a envelope & send on to her..
Next thing ya know.. All the girls were whipping up Mini's & shipping their lovely little 'First additions' on to Susan's Mom!!
Well you thought she loved getting the cards in the Mail.. Nothing compaired to the Mini's.. !!! But the Real Twist was.. I thought we should also send a matched set for each one to Susan too! So they BOTH were just as surprised!!!
There's the story of how the very first Mini Apron's got going!
Ok.. I know some of you are maybe wondering what happened with Susan & her Mom..
Susan is still a Farm Girl here with us.. although very busy.. we just don't see her as often as we like.. she has her own busines.. & a full plate..
& her Mother did get to enjoy her Mini's for several Months.. & stayed with her Family for a long while.. But Susuan Did loose her Dear Mama last year..
Not after realizing how many people And Strangers to her at That!! Cared about her Women that she had never had even met or knew..
Simply through the Sister hood we all share.. & how we can all touch one another..

We had continued on with this tradition.. Someone would send out a shout that another loved one.. or even another Farmgirl could really use a gift of love.. a mail box full of Mini's.. So.. that was how it all started.

Until it finally turned into Swapping.. Which so many things we do will! because We all seemed to love them so much ourselves too!!

SOOooo..
I don't know about you all.. But I want to get my hands on as many as I can!!
Reminds me of how many of you there out there.. that I just love to pieces!!

Nite Girls!!
Love ya Lots you know!!

(*NOTE* Got a late nite call AND an Email to follow with the Name I was looking for who the Beautiful little Mini's belonged to!! Thanks so much Girls for helping!! )

( there's your bed time story for tonite Carol Sue.. )

Kathie.. Farm Girl Sister #29

"In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself"..

Edited by - Kathie on Jan 31 2008 06:30:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  8:00:02 PM  Show Profile
Lorell is nashbabe!

Thanks fo rthe lovely story! I remember that set of minis..they were so cute and probably my favorite minis I have ever made..pink and green and watermelons. Thanks Kathie! You have such a way with words.
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  9:31:30 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for my bedtime story Kathie girl.
Yes, I went on and said sign me up for the Western minis. I don't have my valentines finished, worked on today, will work on tomorrow in mail on Friday provided we don't get snow bound again......this is a bit crazy for us!!!!!!! Ok, since lots of you didn't put pockets on I think I will leave them by the wayside to get them in on time,ok not exactly on time darn it!!!!!! I will not freak out, I will not freak out......

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nashbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

687 Posts

687 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  04:53:06 AM  Show Profile
No, it's definitely strawberry frosted sheep....:-)

Crunchy crafty goodness and psychoses...;-)http://nashbabe.blogspot.com

groovy stuff 2 buy...http://www.alittlesplurge.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  06:34:23 AM  Show Profile
Ok Carol Sue..
I'll hook ya up Sister Lou!!

Nash.. it's funny.. I had a hint that it was you..
Only the Tenn. thing really I guess..

Made me Realize that You & I have never swapped anything before..
Think we'll have to do something about that Little Girl!!

Love ya Kiddo!!

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  07:55:30 AM  Show Profile
YOu know the first time I got something from Nash, I pulled it outta the mailbox and did the same thing..who is this? Then I opened it and thought my goodness, she is good at keeping her name separate from her screen name!
Go to Top of Page

carycamille
True Blue Farmgirl

163 Posts

Camille
Cathlamet Washington
USA
163 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  09:05:20 AM  Show Profile
Loved the Nite time story!

Camille

www.mypowermall.com/biz/home/14088
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9394 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9394 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  09:43:02 AM  Show Profile
What a wonderful way for the minis to have started and isn't that just the epitome of the farmgirl way?

farmgirl sister #43

Kind hearts are gardens
Kind thoughts are roots
Kind words are blossoms
Kind deeds are Fruits

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

nashbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

687 Posts

687 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  10:46:57 AM  Show Profile
Can't believe someone called you and emailed you about that...*L*

Crunchy crafty goodness and psychoses...;-)http://nashbabe.blogspot.com

groovy stuff 2 buy...http://www.alittlesplurge.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  10:51:34 AM  Show Profile

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  11:02:15 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
What is "strawberry frosted sheep?" I still didn't understand...sounds funny.
??

May we always be in thankful contemplation of God who presides over us all.
Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  11:48:34 AM  Show Profile
It's a REALLY great Story..

Let see if I can make time here at work to tell it before I get busted By the Gestapo!!

ok.. Here at work we sit in Cubicles.. yes.. couldn't be any more impersonal.. however they do allow us to 'personalize' our spaces somewhat.. Mostly with my fit pitching of course..
ANYWAY.. we sit two people to a space.. there are two desks.. & a small square space between us..
a couple months ago.. a new event happened that has made me extremely unhappy here.. I have been in the same desk for nearly 5 years now..
& had been with the same desk mate for about three of these years..
My Dear Sweet friend Candy.. who Is just a riot.. Well the hateful heifer gone & went part time on me! WHICH looses herself a permant seat!
NOW she is considered a floater.. Which actually secures them all the same three seats among about 6 or 7 people.. just juggleing them around schedules.. regardless.. she does not get to sit with me anymore!!
My Boss.. who loves to play the almighty.. Thinks it's HIS role to decide who moves where.. put the most obnoxious person in the world next to me!! I CAN"T STAND THIS GUY!!!!
PUKE!!
I sit & think of ways to hurt him on a daily basis!
I want to remove the wheels from his chair.. I want to fix his chair so when he does his retarded recline thing.. he flips completely out of his damn chair! I want to make him eat bad food!
i . I.. I!! I just don't like him! Ok..! i don't
ok..anyway..He has nothing at all to do with the Frosted Strawbery Sheep.
just went off on one of my tangeants..
But i think it helps splain a bit of why i have been so miserable at my job lately..!
SOOOO..
I brought in a box of Chocolate Teddy Grahams..
Walked to the cubicle on my left where My Dear Sweet friend Jill sits.. & Her new seat Mate Matt.. who i am FINE with.. & offered them some.. they poured a few out on a napkin.. I looked over the top of their cubicle.. At our sweeties Audrey & Helen to see if THEY would like to partake.. But they were both busy on a call at the time.. so didn't see me.. So, i got back to my desk.. & typed an IM to the both of them..
simply said.. "Chocolate Teddy Grahams" .. Helen said Yes!! Please.. She wanted some.. & & gave her the rest.. as I had already poured myself out enough.. so she took them back to her desk..
** Footnote.. **
Helen & I & Audrey & Jill have all known & worked together for over 8 years or so.. Helen.. is the kindest.. sweetest.. most gentle person you'll ever meet in your entire life!! I Swear to you..!
But.. as sweet as she is.. she is eqaully as dumb..
It must have had to balance out this way.. I love my baby girl Helen..
But she is missing more then just a few sandwiches for the picnic!
She is SOOoooooo Blonde.. & not a blonde hair in the girls head..
Picture if you will the girl that is forever saying.. "Huuuuuhh"?
and "Whhhhhhaaaaattt?" & really truly means this.. because she will not have had a clue..! We actually write down & keep a folder of some of the things she has come up with to say.. We call them..'Helenisms'
We all work in a Department where we deal with VERY upset & Angry people ALL Day LONG.. which really doesn't seem fair for our sweet innocent Helen.. does it? But our job as it is.. is to just give it right back.. & sometimes.. brutal.. is all I can say for it.. although no.. we aren't allowed to be mean.. sometimes it just happens..
Helen once told a person..
"We don't honor a Verbal Quote, unless you get it in writing"

ok.. there.. think about that for a second.. read it again.. let it sink in.. it's a true Helenism..

SOOoo.. AUDREY Helen's Keeper.. Who at times.. seems to catch what ever Helen must have or something.. because i need to walk over & shake her reset button now & then.. sends me an IM about 20 minutes AFTER Helen had picked up the cookies! But her message simply said..
"Frosted Strawberry Sheep"..
I sent back.. "HUH?"
She sent back.. "Frosted Strawberry Sheep.." thats my answer.."
I said " What the hell are you talking about?"
She said i don't know! Aren't we talking in code or something?? you sent me the message about the Chocolate Teddy Grahams.. so I thought I had to think of a code too!! so.. Frosted Strawberry sheep!!"
I lost it! after i stopped laughing.. I said "No you ding bat.. I was actually offering you cookies!!! "
She said "Ooooohhhhh.." & laughed.. & we had a great giggle about it.. so i thought about it for a second.. & i said.. "hang on.. this is too good.. we have to use it for something.. I got it.. Frosted Strawberry Sheep is code for.. Here comes Sherry.."
( Who is our Coordinated.. She makes us all crazy being on our backs about the most stupid crap all the time.. yes.. I want to break the wheels on her chair too ..But not quite as bad a my new desk mate though.. just periodicaly when she gets on one of her power trips.. So i feel compelled to remind her that her badge is the same color as mine.. she just likes to kiss butt.. so the boss gave her a retarded title.. means something to her.. but means absolutley jack to me! & walk away from her since she really can't do anything to me but run her mouth..
ANYWAY.. So THEN I said to Audrey.. "& if we are running short on time.. & need to get the message out quik.. it's FSS "
So i said.."Pass that info on to your desk mate"
She says "ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?? How do I explain this to Helen??"
I said. " hey.. Thats your cross to bare Kiddo!!
So what she did was just copy our entire conversation.. & forward it on to Helen.. great Idea i thought!!! & I even heard Helen laugh & say
" Oooooooooooohhhh Cool " but there was just something in her tone..
You know?
& not 5 minutes later..
You know exactly who was holding up a napkin & asking me for Strawberry frosted cookies!

(**One more Foot Note here here**..
Sherry is about 55 years old.. Silver Grey hair.. & usuall wears a Pink Blouse.. so.. her code name DOES fit her..!!!)

Hope you enjoyed the story..
Not quite as funny when you don't know all the Characters.. But it's still great!
& the next day.. I brought in Individuall packages of Pink & White Frosted Animal Crackers!!
They were a Hit!!

Edited by - Kathie on Jan 31 2008 2:18:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  1:28:30 PM  Show Profile
makin us all giggle kathie...thank you my dear!

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  6:26:32 PM  Show Profile
LMBO, I loved my bedtime story, back to those last few that need waistbands because they must leave home tomorrow to venture into this great wide world and discover all kinds of other crazy farmgirls sewing on these babies!

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlwannabe
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

audrina
Antelope Ca
USA
114 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2008 :  12:02:19 AM  Show Profile
Help!!!
I went today to send off my minis (so late, so late....) and I couldn't find Kathie's address! I've e-mailed her directly, but if someone's on-line late tonight or early tomorrow, could you send it to me? I'm trying to get these in the mail first thing in the morning- the minis are sitting on my kitchen counter, and if you've ever read any Edgar Allan Poe, they're starting to remind me of the "Tell-Tale Heart"....they're making me feel very guilty, which is not very "Valentine-like" at all.....
Thanks,
Audrina
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2008 :  04:01:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
hey Audrina.....emailling you!!

Visit my blog at: www.sewonandsewfourth.blogspot.com
Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Aprons and other fun things for sale at: www.honeybeez.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2008 :  05:16:46 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hey, I posted a request for Kathies address on the YEE HAAA topic.

But I need it for these Valentine little aprons...sorry about the couple days delay...
Today weatherman says don't drive and our schools are closed becasuse of new ice on the roads.

May we always be in thankful contemplation of God who presides over us all.
Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2008 :  07:57:10 AM  Show Profile
i sent it to you linda!

Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2008 :  08:09:29 AM  Show Profile
Yay!! It's all coming together!!

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ Blog
http://www.bonne1313.homestead.com/soap.html Soap
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2008 :  09:12:16 AM  Show Profile
Yep.. Shouldn't be long now!!

I received TWO Lovely Packages in the Mail yesterday!!

1st one from Linda (Arose) HOW SWEET!!! OH how I love Flannel!!!
LINDA!!!! I want a Grandbaby!!! Girls.. these are WITH out a doubt
the VERY sweetest little babies you'll ever see! You'll all be wanting to go grab up a teeny little one & just Squeeze em! When you see Linda's Mini's!!!

THEN!! I opened Denise's(Levi'sGrammy)! HOW DARN CUTE!!
Pumpkin! I'm thinking these are your very 1st ones, aren't they??
HOW arorable!! & I LOVE RICK RACK & LACE one ANYTHING!! & EVERYTHING!!
So TA DA!!!!

I'm tellin ya Girls..
These Valentines Mini's have turned out to be just such a great idea!
They are all SO pretty & such a collaberation of so many unique details & embellishments! You've all really given so much on this Swap!!
Your really not going to believe when you see them all together!
Truly.. I think these are my favorites so far..
Even though Halloween is my favorite Holiday..
The work that has gone into the Valentine ones! Is just unbelievable!

Bravo to you Girls!!!
You've outdone yourselves YET again!!!

Edited by - Kathie on Feb 01 2008 09:15:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9394 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9394 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2008 :  2:48:48 PM  Show Profile
Yep, these this is my very first minis swap. Glad you liked them. I was afraid they wouldn't match up to the old pros here. I posted a picture on my blog a few days back.

farmgirl sister #43

Kind hearts are gardens
Kind thoughts are roots
Kind words are blossoms
Kind deeds are Fruits

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2008 :  5:15:35 PM  Show Profile
Oh Lordy!

Came home today to MORE Mini Mail!
Their coming in faster then I can Write about 'em now Girls!!

These are from another Newer Lil Sister! CaryCamille!
What a great idea! Double Layered! Or sort of an Apron overlay..SO Adorable!!! & the fabric design makes me think of Valentine Candies!
You know the ones that say the cute little things!!
Yeah!! We all get a Heart too!
Great work Little Girl! I love these!!!

We're cooking now Kids!
Getting towards the finish line it feels like!

Edited by - Kathie on Feb 01 2008 5:28:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2008 :  06:42:33 AM  Show Profile
Mine are going out in the mail today!!

My quilting and life blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2008 :  08:49:26 AM  Show Profile
Whoooooooooooooooo HHHHHHHHOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 24 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Valentine Mini Apron Swap..Sign Up Closed.. Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page