New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Can't Be True! Next Topic  

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2007 :  04:28:46 AM  Show Profile
Who out there is going to have a white Christmas?

I just checked wunderground for the weather and do you know what? We (the south) have a 20% chance of snow on Christmas Eve! Never in my life have the odds been THAT GREAT for a little white stuff around Christmas! 20%, I'll take it!

How are your chances for snow on Christmas looking?

(like my Christmas font colors??)

Farmgirl #-I can't drive-55!

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2007 :  05:07:16 AM  Show Profile
I hope none I want to go home for Christmas wg

I am a farm girl married to a sewing machine

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2007 :  06:50:59 AM  Show Profile
I'm just thrilled that its actually been quite chilly here this year!!! There is something about an 80 degree Christmas that is
just wrong!!
Miss Wilma-where is home? X O
Hope you both get your wish!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2007 :  07:00:05 AM  Show Profile
I woke up this morning to find that most of our snow had melted. We've had snow on the ground since Thanksgiving. It is so pretty, I don't like having it melt right before Christmas. It is 30 degrees and raining outside right now though.
Ann
http://annforrester.tohe.com
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2007 :  08:32:30 AM  Show Profile
We have two feet right now and more is expected tonight and tomorrow. I'm with you, Country Lawyer, I MUCH prefer a white Christmas. It just doesn't seem like Christmas without it.

I spent Christmas in Florida once when I was 16. It just didn't feel right wearing shorts, tube top and flip flops on Christmas day. It actually felt more like the 4th of July!

We don't have as much as is normal, but at least there is no grass visible.

Miss Wilma, you don't usually get snow, do you? Or at least not much? That's a bummer, Ann. Maybe the two day cold snap we just had here will come your way and turn that rain into snow for you!

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm

Edited by - lisamarie508 on Dec 23 2007 08:33:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2007 :  11:53:15 AM  Show Profile
It has been snowing here all morning and I hope it continues!! We have had some off and on since Thanksgiving but it keeps melting so I hope it stays around a while this time.
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2007 :  6:45:48 PM  Show Profile
We have a real good chance of new snow on Christmas..but still have several inches on the ground...so a white one for sure. It just dosn't feel Christmassy without the white stuff anymore!! (I grew up in Calif..but have lived in Idaho, Minnesota and Utah) We plan to live here with 4 seasons forever! We have only had one NON-white Christmas since we moved here..this is our 6th Utah Christmas.
I hope all of you that WANT Christmas get it!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Dixie_Amazon
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

Dennise
Baton Rouge LA
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2007 :  03:53:56 AM  Show Profile
I think that has happened here once since I moved to Louisiana. It is chilly and last night was clear so we could see Mars real well despite being in town.

Dennise with 2 n's
Farmgirl Sister #47 **~~** Country girl raised in the city.
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4235 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4235 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2007 :  04:05:04 AM  Show Profile
We got more snow yesterday. It was nasty out. Blowing and drifting. Did some plowing, and have to go out this morning and plow again, and get things cleaned up. Merry Christmas to all.

Michele
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2007 :  04:51:09 AM  Show Profile
We will not have snow, that is for sure, being in North Florida. But we will have cold, and frost, and that kind of wintry sky I love. And it should be cold enough for a fire. I am glad we are not venturing into Illinois this year! I have heard it is very snowy, icy and I am content to put on my coat, and take a walk in the leaves that still look like fall.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas day, whatever weather you have. I look forward to hearing about all of them!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2007 :  07:13:26 AM  Show Profile
There's no chance of getting snow here. The temperature is in the high 40's and we had a lot of rain yesterday. It looks like it'll be a mild and clear day tomorrow. Merry Christmas!

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2007 :  08:05:20 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
We have a white snow covered Christmas here in southeast Wisconsin. Very cold but white. Santa better be careful or he will have a very warm hinder coming down the chimneys here in Wisconsin!

3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2007 :  08:14:14 AM  Show Profile
Mima I was born in London KY, we moved here to the bigger farm in 1968, I have never missed but one Christmas at my mom s house, my motherin law was 94 and died in 2000. She had 7 children and my husband never missed any Christmass with her, lOOKS LIKE WE WILL MAKE IT THIS TIME THE WEATHER IS GREAT HERE Miss WILMA

I am a farm girl married to a sewing machine

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Can't Be True! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page