levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9324 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9324 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2008 :  09:43:24 AM  Show Profile
I think because Candismom (Elizabeth) had to drop out maybe she felt funny getting the cards. I know I did when I first started receiving them and I haven't been able to reciprocate. Then I thought about how you girls knew we had dropped out and sent them anyway and I was grateful that you thought of me and you don't know how those cards have brightened my days. I have been struggling with some things lately and just to have my husband walk in with the mail and ask how come I rate so well to get all those envelopes each day helped me laugh. Thanks again girls. You are treasures.

farmgirl sister #43

Kind hearts are gardens
Kind thoughts are roots
Kind words are blossoms
Kind deeds are Fruits

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2008 :  09:51:34 AM  Show Profile
Ok, girls. Mine are hung over my antique quilt hanging--had to get them out of the "dog reach", and tomorrow, I plan on taking them down and putting them in an acid free photo box for safe keeping. So pretty, it's hard to say which one is my favorite, I love them all!!!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2008 :  11:36:25 AM  Show Profile
Denise, I'm SO glad they helped cheer you, that was the whole point! Jonni, thanks for sharing the way your displaying them, that's very nice! Jennifer, we loved to see your banner?

Visit me at my blogs:
www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com

My Etsy store:
www.heart2home.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2008 :  12:27:43 PM  Show Profile
That would be very sad to think that Elizabeth turned away her cards...I'm hoping it's just a silly postman, Mary Beth! Anyway, I can't wait until next year and I'm very glad, Denise, that they helped a little bit to make you smile. There's nothing better than mail from Farmgirls!!!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
Go to Top of Page

traceyg
True Blue Farmgirl

124 Posts

Tracey
Grosse Ile Michigan
USA
124 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2008 :  06:26:10 AM  Show Profile
Hello All!
I LOVED being a part of the Valentine exchange, a great big thank you to Sue for organizing it!

I did get one "return to sender" from Teresa Schneider ... I will check the name & address and get it back into the mail. Our computer has been down for a week so I'll check the back log of messages in case there is info there too.

XOXO,
Tracey

Life is sweet ... Bee happy!
Go to Top of Page

sissysquilts
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

sissy
wa
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2008 :  09:24:02 AM  Show Profile
These cards were the best ladies! Thank you all so much for taking the time to make them! *~*Looking forward to next year!

Sissy

Farmgirl Sister #117

"The good stars met in your horoscope. Made you of spirit,fire and dew"
Robert Browning
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2008 :  11:08:26 AM  Show Profile
Tracey - I got a return to sender from Teresa as well. Did anyone else? The address was correct on it and I checked it with the original list and it was the same.

I really like the card with the flower seeds in it...very creative!! Would you gals know that I looked all over for a single heart stamp to do the ladybug spots and couldn't find one, so I used one with 3 hearts in it....the day after I mailed those boogers out, I stumbled across a single heart stamp. haha. It would only happen to me, but at least I have it now and I can use it for so many projects. I love stuff with ladybugs on it and thought that would be something neat to do for a card. Hope you liked them!

~Jessica in Kentucky & Farmgirl Sisterhood #137~
Be sure to visit my blog & Crafty Clipart for some of my photographs:
http://bluegrassprincess.blogspot.com/
http://www.craftyclipart.com
Go to Top of Page

amyartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

991 Posts

Amy
Junction City Ohio
USA
991 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2008 :  5:25:49 PM  Show Profile
Me too. I was wondering the same...I got mine back in the mail today.

quote:
Originally posted by Marybeth

I got a returned to sender card that I had addressed to Elizabeth Quigley. The note from the post office says it was refused and unable to forward. I checked her address and I did it right. Anybody??? MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Farmgirl Sister #21
Proud member of Bees w/o Borders and ArtFuL SisTeRs

http://artfulheart.blogspot.com
http://farmgirltales.blogspot.com

Edited by - amyartgirl on Feb 20 2008 5:32:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2008 :  5:31:00 PM  Show Profile
I got another today--the postmark was over a week ago, so mail must be travelling slow. It was so pretty, it was worth the wait, though:)

Go to Top of Page

sissysquilts
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

sissy
wa
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2008 :  7:01:02 PM  Show Profile
I haven't had any returned yet :) Just started putting all the lovlies into a scrapbook- they're all so pretty!

*~* Sissy

Farmgirl Sister #117

"The good stars met in your horoscope. Made you of spirit,fire and dew"
Robert Browning
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2008 :  7:14:44 PM  Show Profile
Come on. Ladies, we need pictures. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2008 :  04:24:10 AM  Show Profile
I haven't had any return either? And would love to see how your preserving the cards. Mine are all tucked away in a album that is beaming full! Thank you all for another year of card happiness and I hope you all will join in next year! Farmgirls are the best!

Visit me at my blogs:
www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com

My Etsy store:
www.heart2home.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Holidays: Previous Topic Old Fashioned Valentine Card swap Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page