Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Osteoporsis ( Boniva or Natural)??????
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Osteoporsis ( Boniva or Natural)?????? Next Topic  

Georgia
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Angie
ballwin mo
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2007 :  10:48:01 AM  Show Profile
I have just had a bone density test and I am one tenth of a point away from osteoporosis. I am 46 and had my ovaries removed three years ago in a cancer surgery. I am fine how except for horrible hot flashes and now this. They want to put me on Boniva but I have been doing my own research and it doesn't sound like a good idea. If you have any reactions to the medicine the by products can stay in your system for 10 years. I am more into natural healing and not into popping pills for every problem. Any one out there on Boniva who could tell me either good or bad about it. Or anyone who uses the natural aproach? I could sure use some help. I would probably have to take Boniva for the rest of my life and that just doesn't sit right with me.

dreamer

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2007 :  11:42:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Georgia!

I have a friend who had horribly brittle bones. She broke her leg and the doctors were concerned that it wouldn't heal as each time she put any weight on it, it would crack and crumble. She started drinking fresh raw goat's milk and her bones healed and have gotten so much stronger that she is able to live a normal life again. She even rides her horses again (which is how her leg got broken in the first place). I am not sure if the pasturized goat's milk that you can buy in the store is as helpful- but it is something to look into perhaps.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8 Just call me Calamity Jane!!
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2007 :  12:00:07 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I am an advocate of green smoothies that include spinach, strawberries or any favorite fruit, a little agave nectar, and some water. Green are super good for you!!!

http://www.rawfoodtalk.com/

I belong to the above website. They have recipes, ideas, inputs for health issues. It is a raw food forum, but I get a lot of ideas. Best of luck!!!

Cheers,
Heather
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2007 :  1:13:34 PM  Show Profile
Angie, I posted a lengthy description in the "Here's to Your Health" section a while ago after my density improved out of the osteoporosis range. I'm not eager to be on any of the drugs like fosamax or boniva, but did use bio-identical hormones (still do). Do a search on "Bone Density" and you should be able to see it. There's so much disagreement about all the density improvers other than weight bearing exercise! Best of luck with your bones.

Ann
Sairy Hill Thicket
There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2007 :  03:34:04 AM  Show Profile
I asked my mom about those two pills. The kind you take daily or weekly are better, as the once a month type will deplete sooner than it can be replaced. A constant dose is better. She also takes 2-3 calcium tablets a day after meals. These have to be calcium CITRATE and the vitimin D. Otherwise it's not absorbed like it needs to be.

Mom is a registered nurse, so she ought to know.
Go to Top of Page

Georgia
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Angie
ballwin mo
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2007 :  05:32:53 AM  Show Profile
Thanks so muuch for you input. I am going to be spending some serious time reseachering.
Alee-I am going to look into the goats milk. Sounds interresting?

Merry Christmas and Thank you!

dreamer
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Osteoporsis ( Boniva or Natural)?????? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page